+ Reply
Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Jailbreak Goes Public!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I own a 1.1.2 jailbroken unlocked iphone. When i tried to upgrade with the osx file it said it could not do it because it did not recognize my version
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I own a 1.1.2 jailbroken unlocked iphone. When i tried to upgrade with the osx file it said it could not do it because it did not recognize my version as unlocked and jailbroken ( i own a imac ). So I just when to a windows pc and used the ibrickr method and it worked. It took me about 35 minutes to complete.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maXimus View Post
    MAKE SURE YOU UNINSTALL ALL 3RD PARTY APPS (Except BSD Subsystem) BEFORE BEGINNING SO THAT YOU CAN SAFELY INSTALL THEM AFTERWARDS. MOST OF THEM ALREADY WORK. IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE THAT UPGRADED WITHOUT UNINSTALLING THEM FIRST AND NOW HAVE TROUBLE WITH THE APPS, FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Install MobileFinder (if you already had it, uninstall it and install again)
    2) Launch MobileFinder from the springboard.
    3) Tap "Settings" and turn on "System File Access"
    4) Tap "Finder" then "Up". You should be in the file system now.
    5) Navigate to private/var/root/Library/Installer/ and delete LocalPackages.plist
    6) Reinstall Community Sources, BSD subsystem and OpenSSH.
    7) Reinstall the rest of your 3rd party apps.

*You should also delete the 300+MB file (113_upgrade_image.bin) from /var/root/media/softupdate that was used during the jailbreak.

You now may use WinSCP! The username is "mobile" and the password is "alpine"!
    i followed this guide and it seemed like it was wokring but now the only
    thing I can download is community sources... ive tried about 30 other packages and all of them get the "main script execution failed" message... I also tried reinstalling installer app but it simply exits to springboard sometimes... or returns to the installer main menu... has anyone had this problem or does anyone know how i could possibly fix this? help would greatly be appreciated.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosH View Post
    Anyone has solved the "Could not play preview" on iTunes Store?

I get this error after 1.1.3 soft-upgrade.

Thanks.
    yep. this will also fix locate me and hybrid.

go from

1.1.1 jb to 1.1.2 jb to 1.1.3, instead of 1.1.1 to 1.1.3.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ks503 View Post
    Thanks. Mine # is 50. So its a 4.6. Does that mean i CANNOT downgrade unless i do the hardware method? OR can i still restore it to 1.1.1?
    You can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by timbo View Post
    Does with work with iPod Touch?
    NO

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    The Dev Team will punish all who updated to 1.1.3! Be Afraid!
    Maybee...We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishrule812 View Post
    sorry but can this be done with ipod touches or shall i just wait
    NO

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a jailbroken 1.1.2 phone using stealth sim and it works fine. if i upgrade to 1.1.3 would i still be able to use stealth sim and have my phone unlocked?

would the same apply for a stealth sim? would that continue to work if simply upgraded to 1.1.3 and jailbreak it as per instructions given by your fantastic service and website.
    Last edited by shugni; 01-26-2008 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am asking this again for like the fifth time, I only do this because I honestly believe that after reading almost every post in this thread (and researching in google) I have not found an answer and I am almost about to give up because I think there's no fix.

Here goes again.

Is there a fix for the ringtones problem in 1.1.3? I know I can re-encode the ringtones and do the whole file extention convertion and all that but what I am asking is, is there a way to make the ringtones work as they are right now, without having to do any converting? I ask this because apart from my default ringtones, I also purchased a few in iTunes and I want to use those as well (they dont work either)

I tried everything by now, looked up every guide, posted here, read posts over and over again, and nobody seems to have an answer for this. even Nate's official blog doesn't even cover this subject. there's a lot of people with this complaint but no fix or even aknowledge that it's happening.

This is the one thing keeping me from going 1.1.3, I did upgrade and was loving it, loved the webclips, they are livesavers for me and make me want to get 1.1.3 NOW... but the instant i realized my ringtones weren't working I instantly rolled back to 1.1.2...

IF anybody can help me, I am all ears and very, very greatful and if there is no official fix for this then I am sorry for bothering you all with this issue. It just seems like everyone is jumping on the whole "Locate me thing" "EDGE" thing, "Will 3rd party apps work!" thing... and they are forgeting the one very important thing of a phone... it doesn't ******* ring!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    The Dev Team will punish all who updated to 1.1.3! Be Afraid!
    BWAHAHAHA! Thank you for the epic lulz good sir. When should I expect them at my door? Do you think they'd fancy a spot of tea before administering my punishment? I do hope you were kidding, but hackint0sh is littered with dozens of posts like this, that are quite serious. With the amount of brown nosing the devs are getting, their e-peens must be the size of the Eiffel Tower. Personally, I think it was ghey enough they decided to kick Nate from the team for this, but to go so low as to guide Apple to the specifics of the jailbreak that are legally questionable, what was the point of that? I'm sure it's not as if Apple could not have found this themselves, but to help them potentially take legal action against Nate for releasing this early and stealing some of their e-fame? That sounds completely reasonable to me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

As I posted a fewbposts back I upgraded and all is working with stelthsim. If u went to stelth sims website it also says up and running. Hope this helps

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

a jailbroken O2 iphone lets you use any O2 sim, but wont let you unlock as they ship with 1.1.2.

I want to have 1.1.3 including baseband.

Has anybody done the itunes update to 1.1.3 so it asks them to activate, downgraded to 1.1.1 & jailbroke (&oktoprep), updated to 1.1.2 and jailbroke leaving them with a glorified ipod touch then used nates method to update to 1.1.3?

Would this work? I still want to use my own O2 sim, but dont want it unlocked. I understand that jailbreaking 1.1.2 re-writes the lockdownd enabling me to use any o2 sim card. would this be the case with what i am proposing here?

I have to iphones so i dont mind being the test bunny if IN THEORY this should work?

Thanks guys
    Jailbroken 1.1.3 - 04.03.13 Baseband... not working.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by devlinrandom View Post
    BWAHAHAHA! Thank you for the epic lulz good sir. When should I expect them at my door? Do you think they'd fancy a spot of tea before administering my punishment? I do hope you were kidding, but hackint0sh is littered with dozens of posts like this, that are quite serious. With the amount of brown nosing the devs are getting, their e-peens must be the size of the Eiffel Tower. Personally, I think it was ghey enough they decided to kick Nate from the team for this, but to go so low as to guide Apple to the specifics of the jailbreak that are legally questionable, what was the point of that? I'm sure it's not as if Apple could not have found this themselves, but to help them potentially take legal action against Nate for releasing this early and stealing some of their e-fame? That sounds completely reasonable to me.
    wat he means is that, the dev team might actually implement sum way in which..ppl who hav jailbroken wit nate's method..try to uses dev teams method for unlocking or other purposes..they might make it so that the phone bricks or sumthin similar...
    Did I Help you?? Then Hit the Thanks button!
    16gb iPhone running 1.1.4
    Jailbroken and Unlocked!
    MMi ROCKS!!!!

Thanks

Well it looks like I'm stuffed!!!
    I followed the instructions, and ran the upgrade app from installer.
    It seemed to be frozen on installing the app - I left it for about 30 mins and it did nothing, so I pressed Home.
    Now when I turn the iPhone on I get a picture of the dock cable and the iTunes icon... assuming it wants me to do a restore?
    What do I do? I was on 1.1.1 with AnySIM.

Can I restore back to what I was on... or do I have to restore to 1.1.3 and lose my settings and unlock?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default 1.1.3jb WORKS !!!!
    I have 4 GB 1.0.2 OTB, currently 1.1.2 unlocked with anysim 1.1.2u, so I did the 1.1.3jb and everything works fine, Google locate me (I had to install Navision), hybrid view and all of my apps. All I had to do was to uninstall all of the apps then follow the instructions of the ibrickr-jb113 and then reinstall the apps again in 1.1.3. Ones I updated to 1.1.3 I had to reset all the settings - this way I was able to save the APN settings so they are saved after restart. Im using t-mobile USA sim - never had service with ATT

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhnesito View Post
    I am asking this again for like the fifth time, I only do this because I honestly believe that after reading almost every post in this thread (and researching in google) I have not found an answer and I am almost about to give up because I think there's no fix.

Here goes again.

Is there a fix for the ringtones problem in 1.1.3? I know I can re-encode the ringtones and do the whole file extention convertion and all that but what I am asking is, is there a way to make the ringtones work as they are right now, without having to do any converting? I ask this because apart from my default ringtones, I also purchased a few in iTunes and I want to use those as well (they dont work either)

I tried everything by now, looked up every guide, posted here, read posts over and over again, and nobody seems to have an answer for this. even Nate's official blog doesn't even cover this subject. there's a lot of people with this complaint but no fix or even aknowledge that it's happening.

This is the one thing keeping me from going 1.1.3, I did upgrade and was loving it, loved the webclips, they are livesavers for me and make me want to get 1.1.3 NOW... but the instant i realized my ringtones weren't working I instantly rolled back to 1.1.2...

IF anybody can help me, I am all ears and very, very greatful and if there is no official fix for this then I am sorry for bothering you all with this issue. It just seems like everyone is jumping on the whole "Locate me thing" "EDGE" thing, "Will 3rd party apps work!" thing... and they are forgeting the one very important thing of a phone... it doesn't ******* ring!
    Dude I'm with you. Same problem here, but I opted to keep going with my 1.1.3 and I'm just waiting for a fix at this point. Hopefully that'll show up any minute. Aaaany minute now. Guys?

Thanks

try the ringtone fixes in the installer

http://digg.com/apple/Fix_10_problem...ution_included

pry

15. The Following User Says Thank You to prybar For This Useful Post:

karomon (01-26-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

what a mess ....

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

just letting everyone know i will have a guide up on how to go from a 1.1.3 unmodified 1.1.2 4.6 bootloader OTB iphone to 1.1.1 jailbreak > up to 1.1.2 > then 1.1.3 leaving you with a fully functional iphone.. no navizon trick or lockedwn file over writes.... im just mega tired right now its 5:50AM here and i was up yesterday for work at this time... so i havnt slept for over 26 hours... but there is a way to downgrade 1.1.3 to 1.1.2 also... i will include that in my guide as well... Want to put a special thanks out there to Sidetalker, Nate True, Johnny Crash, and poetic_folly for all they're bits of information, as far as the guide goes... its a timely process but does work 100% its about 14 steps give or take, not sure if im going to or have to include a few as i was just writing down what i was doing haha... but i am on a 1.1.3 fully jailbroken iphone, with current baseband, and fully functional apps. no additional tweaking after i upgraded from 1.1.2. Thanks again everyone, and the guide will be up tomorrow!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Google Locate Me Workaround
    For all of you asking for Google locate me install locate me form installer, start the app, click locate me, after it show your location in maps you Google locate me will work until the next restart, then do the same again (if you restarted rebooted or turned off your iPhone) till there is a fix for it its not a big deal to click on locate me firs and then start using Google locate me, is it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by karomon View Post
    Dude I'm with you. Same problem here, but I opted to keep going with my 1.1.3 and I'm just waiting for a fix at this point. Hopefully that'll show up any minute. Aaaany minute now. Guys?
    Add this to your sources, and there is no way you read every post because this has been posted several times... but here it is again...

Source: http://sleepers.net/iphonerepo

Download 1.1.3 Ringtone fix there will be a repository added to your install list called Tweaks (1.1.3) everything you need is in there...

Quote Originally Posted by kalin_kurtev View Post
    For all of you asking for Google locate me – install locate me form installer, start the app, click locate me, after it show your location in maps you Google locate me will work until the next restart, then do the same again (if you restarted rebooted or turned off your iPhone) till there is a fix for it – it’s not a big deal to click on locate me firs and then start using Google locate me, is it?
    Also my guide will make it so you wont have to do all these small work arounds... to get everything working... hence the reason i did it... its a very timely process but... well worth it to have a fully functional iphone... with out bits and pieces to fix one thing at a time...
    Last edited by the sr5; 01-26-2008 at 07:03 AM.

Thanks

@ the sr5

are you on at&t or using an unlocked iphone?

Green Apple
    Thanks

what is going to happen when it goes wrong?