Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 51 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Jailbreak Goes Public!

Wow is all I can say.
    5 hours and 10 restores later, I have a jailbroken 1.1.3.

I think I need to sleep. Now.
    Thanks,
    Matt

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

i just dont know why i am getting a Main Script Execution Error when i try to install BSD Subsystem

did you uninstall it first, then reinstall?

its a source problem

get the old version from nullriver

Thanks

haven't tried a full uninstall of BSD but i did a Reinstall of it... now trying the upgrade again... but i also get main script execution error with other app installs as well.... i dont know how to fix it haha

i cant install customize or summerboard on my phone. it says that it only works for 1.1.1 and 1.1.2. are there going to be new ones made for 1.1.3 soon?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bluetard900 View Post
    i cant install customize or summerboard on my phone. it says that it only works for 1.1.1 and 1.1.2. are there going to be new ones made for 1.1.3 soon?
    I noticed that haha.... i know that they put updates out on friday for customize so we will see =X

One more question did the SSH password change? because the one that was saved in my WinSCP wont work... and i cant remember what i changed it to too retype it haha... also dottie doesnt work... :/ does anyone know how to fix this..?

Update: still no change... i am getting main script execution error on uninstalling other apps in installer for example "Dock" app wont uninstall... and the BSD Subsystem does not give you the option to uninstall... only Reinstall...
    Last edited by the sr5; 01-25-2008 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maXimus View Post
    MAKE SURE YOU UNINSTALL ALL 3RD PARTY APPS (Except BSD Subsystem) BEFORE BEGINNING SO THAT YOU CAN SAFELY INSTALL THEM AFTERWARDS. MOST OF THEM ALREADY WORK. IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE THAT UPGRADED WITHOUT UNINSTALLING THEM FIRST AND NOW HAVE TROUBLE WITH THE APPS, FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Install MobileFinder (if you already had it, uninstall it and install again)
    2) Launch MobileFinder from the springboard.
    3) Tap "Settings" and turn on "System File Access"
    4) Tap "Finder" then "Up". You should be in the file system now.
    5) Navigate to private/var/root/Library/Installer/ and delete LocalPackages.plist
    6) Reinstall Community Sources, BSD subsystem and OpenSSH.
    7) Reinstall the rest of your 3rd party apps.

*You should also delete the 300+MB file (113_upgrade_image.bin) from /var/root/media/softupdate that was used during the jailbreak.

You now may use WinSCP! The username is "mobile" and the password is "alpine"!
    how do you delete the localpackages.plist?

I went to "file" then delete but its still there.

Any help, sorry for the trouble....

Default Interesting experience with the 1.1.3 Jailbreak process
    After running the jb113 terminal app, upon completion it suggests going to the installer and installing the 1.1.3 soft upgrade package. After updating the installer to 3.0b10 and running the install routine for 1.1.3 soft upgrade package, I noticed that the firmware failed to update to 1.1.3. This seems to be confirmed by running the 1.1.3 soft upgrade cleaner as it indicates that it does not see 1.1.3 firmware. None of this particularly bothers me as I noticed, after this process, that the installer recommends that 1.1.3 soft only be installed by developers.

The thing that's interesting is that now the installer fails to see 3rd party installed apps. and I have to control them using INdependence. This is curious. Does anyone know what this is about?

Is anyone else have troubles with the update such as the following:

-edge not working
    - ipod play only working partially
    ???????
    Can it be fixed?
    Last edited by Fredman29; 01-25-2008 at 08:56 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm on my second jailbreak and this time I cannot install BSD Subsystem either.
    Last edited by maXimus; 01-25-2008 at 08:56 PM.

After restoring a few times, I found out a couple of things:

- Icon display order is saved with backup
    - Battery icon hack is saved with backup

For those of you with issues installing BSD, pick up BSD Lite from the MeachWare source
    (http://meachware.com/list.xml)
    Last edited by agentfubu; 01-25-2008 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Thanks,
    Matt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight8779 View Post
    how do you delete the localpackages.plist?

I went to "file" then delete but its still there.

Any help, sorry for the trouble....
    its still there but different... because when you open installer it has to recreate the plist file...

I think that its great that its been cracked!!! and at least for the most part it works...I'd be nice to find a solution to those issues though....I bet there will be another release soon.

Quote Originally Posted by maXimus View Post
    I'm on my second jailbreak and this time I cannot install BSD Subsystem either.
    BSD is a repo issue. If you install all sources theres v.1.5 somewhere on one of nullrivers. thats what i had to do.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to chordmasta For This Useful Post:

maXimus (01-25-2008)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zach23 View Post
    I have a 1.1.2 unlocked and jailbroken phone with bootloader 3.9... If I did this would I keep the unlock?
    is that even a legit question? no...it would not stay unlocked

my phone got upgraded to 1.1.3 any news on if you can downgrade and jailbreak successfull...

First post here

From 1.1.2 jailbreak to 1.1.3 jailbreak locked on ATT using pc

I just upgraded using the method posted, it went very smooth, took around 20 min, i un-installed all my apps before upgrading, i also made a back up of them and of all my graphics, after the update everything works, edge/wifi, ringtones, google maps, everything is perfect,im about to start intalling apps

thanks to everyone who made this possible

Edit: even my custom carrier remained on my phone

i updated and all and its fine but there IS STILL 185MB LEFT!!! I DELETED THE 300MB FILE AND IT SAYS IM USING 185MB!! WHERE IS THOSE 185MB SO I CAN DELETE EM!

Quote Originally Posted by fat x nub View Post
    is that even a legit question? no...it would not stay unlocked
    Amazingly it does.

Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 51 ... LastLast