Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Jailbreak Goes Public!

My phone was originally 1.0.2. I upgraded to 1.1.2 not unlocked. Followed instruction and it is 1.1.3 and Jailbroken. This is badass. Thank You all. I did not want to wait until the SDK was released.

So whats the status on a sim unlock for this????
    The Future of Mobile

http://www.mobitureblog.com

Default What works and what doesn't
    Hey, I've been posting what works and doesn't for me on my site AppleiPhoneSchool.com. Here's a link to the article. http://www.appleiphoneschool.com/200.../#comment-2001
    iPhone 3GS, 32GB, 4.0, AT&T
    iPad 3G, 16GB, 3.2, jailbroken

Quote Originally Posted by akosko01 View Post
    My phone was originally 1.0.2. I upgraded to 1.1.2 not unlocked. Followed instruction and it is 1.1.3 and Jailbroken. This is badass. Thank You all. I did not want to wait until the SDK was released.
    OK. The only thing is customize doesnt work. Says it requires software 1.1.1 or 1.1.2

How do I get all of my applications back on the screen? Installer app shows all of my apps but I don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall each one just to have them on my screen again.

okayyyyyy I just went thought nightmare, it froze on installing, went into restore mode so I restored to 1.1.1 and then jail break, but it wouldn't activated I tried multiple times, and then after a while it got stuck in dfu wouldn't restore or anything and then finalllyy after like 100 tries it restore to 1.0.2, jailbreak activated unlocked and such, upgrade to 1.1.1 jail breaked and unlocked and ACTIVATED and now I update it to 1.1.3 and it finally works, I was shitting bricks eariler

does it matter what version itunes im using? cause ive been following everything and it aint worken ]=

iPhone? More like MyPhone A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
    Thanks

Its surprises me that no one actually reads what being posted allot of info is listed here and all you need to do is read you have waited this long to for the jailbreak and you cant take the 10-20 minutes to read the info that is being handed to you.... this is a really cool jailbreak read up people you will be surprised what you can learn and how many pages could have been saved if you did. we can save the 30 pages to read problem if you read....

thanks to everyone who has helped and thanks to everyone who is willing to take the time to repeat what they have been typing all day due to the fact that no one want to do the research..

happy camping to all the brave souls who have upgraded!

thanks again!
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to A_SWELLGUY For This Useful Post:

Carrick (01-24-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ltjbigshot's Avatar
    Thanks

any one figure out why it keeps saying you dont have a jailbroken iPhone?
    Sent from my iPad

iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Thanks

This has probably been said many times already but not everyone will read this whole thread:

MAKE SURE YOU UNINSTALL ALL 3RD PARTY APPS (Except BSD Subsytem) BEFORE BEGINNING SO THAT YOU CAN SAFELY INSTALL THEM AFTERWARDS. MOST OF THEM ALREADY WORK. IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE THAT UPGRADED WITHOUT UNINSTALLING THEM FIRST AND NOW HAVE TROUBLE WITH THE APPS, FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Install MobileFinder (if you already had it, uninstall it and install again)
    2) Launch MobileFinder from the springboard.
    3) Tap "Settings" and turn on "System File Access"
    4) Tap "Finder" then "Up". You should be in the file system now.
    5) Navigate to private/var/root/Library/Installer/ and delete LocalPackages.plist
    6) Reinstall Community Sources, BSD subsystem and OpenSSH.
    7) Reinstall the rest of your 3rd party apps.

*You should also delete the 300+MB file (113_upgrade_image.bin) from /var/root/media/softupdate that was used during the jailbreak.

You now may use WinSCP! The username is mobile and the password is alpine!
    Last edited by maXimus; 01-25-2008 at 07:45 AM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to maXimus For This Useful Post:

A_SWELLGUY (01-24-2008), b16juv (01-25-2008), Carrick (01-24-2008), kwan (01-24-2008), screamforme02 (01-24-2008)

for people getting the main script execution error, i got this too and was able to get things working. all i did was do a hard reset (hold the sleep/wake and home buttons until it turns off then let go and if it doesn't restart automatically hit the sleep/wake button). things are working fine for me now.
    i guess i should note that i am an at&t customer and thus not unlocked. i upgraded to 1.1.3 and then down to 1.1.1 to so i would have the new baseband. i am now trying to copy the lockdownd file to make the phone work i will update with my status in a few minutes.

what i' wondering...itunes says i'm up to date, can i get itunes to "reinstall" the update, maybe leaving me unlocked and jailbroken, but upgrading the baseband, or is that where the lock will come into play?

pry

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

thanks maximus u are the f-ing man

Quote Originally Posted by maXimus View Post
    This has probably been said many times already but not everyone will read this whole thread:

MAKE SURE YOU UNINSTALL ALL 3RD PARTY APPS BEFORE BEGINNING SO THAT YOU CAN SAFELY INSTALL THEM AFTERWARDS. MOST OF THEM ALREADY WORK. IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE THAT UPGRADED WITHOUT UNINSTALLING THEM FIRST AND NOW HAVE TROUBLE WITH THE APPS, FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Install MobileFinder (if you already had it, uninstall it and install again)
    2) Launch MobileFinder from the springboard.
    3) Tap "Settings" and turn on "System File Access"
    4) Tap "Finder" then "Up". You should be in the file system now.
    5) Navigate to private/var/root/Library/Installer/ and delete LocalPackages.plist
    6) Reinstall Community Sources, BSD subsystem and OpenSSH.
    7) Reinstall the rest of your 3rd party apps.

*You should also delete the 300+MB file (113_upgrade_image.bin) from /var/root/media/softupdate that was used during the jailbreak.

You now may use WinSCP! The username is mobile and the password is alpine!
    Okay but what about EDGE and Wifi WEP, what do you do do get those back in order?

So far loving my iPhone. Even without SMBPrefs...sadly.

The iPhone is completely working after the jump from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 and it is still jailbroken but a major problem would be that i can't seem to find softwares in the Installer app like Customize and Bosstool. So please make a request someone to help fix this problem.
    Thanks all for the hard work on the jailbreaking up till now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    thanks maximus u are the f-ing man
    You're f-ing welcome!!!!

Right now I just need to get EDGE working, if anyone has any insight on that, please share it out. Thanks

my phone works perfectly.

mine worked at first. then i tried to install customize and got an error. exited installer and it froze. did a reset(home and power button) and now i just have the apple on the screen and it wont come on. any suggestions.

Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 ... LastLast