Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: WinPwn 2.5 Preview

  1. #21
    i saw on the RIP dev blog that the new Installer will be released tomorrow, aug. 2nd . woot!

    and they mentioned it will be available via cydia

    i just looked at their blog again, and actually i dont know when installer is going to be released. sorry about that.
    Last edited by apwtwenty; 08-01-2008 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  2. #22
    this looks pretty kick-a$@

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by apwtwenty View Post
    i saw on the RIP dev blog that the new Installer will be released tomorrow, aug. 2nd . woot!

    and they mentioned it will be available via cydia

    i just looked at their blog again, and actually i dont know when installer is going to be released. sorry about that.
    Looks like the beta will be released to repo owners on Sunday. =D
    RiP Dev Blog Blog Archive Call For Repo Owners

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by dmb41302 View Post
    why does everyone want 3g unlocked so bad, it won't even work at 3g speeds!!! AT&T is the only network in US or pretty much north America that has a 3g frequency. You will be forcedto use the edge network thus defeating the whole purpose of even having the phone. Dont bother with overseas unlocked either, their 3g frequency is different from USA.... It's a dead end. Stick with AT&T or get 1st gen iphone andstop complaining. Props to dev team for their work and geohot for his insights.
    If anything, it's because the 3g is still being sold, whereas the 2g isn't on the shelves anymore. Plus people always want the newest and best, even if they can't fully use it.

  5. #25
    Retired Moderator Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,265
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    At least with the iPhone 3G you will have GPS. Still a slight step up.

  6. #26
    iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Western mass
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

    ok wait a min, sine t-mo for example uses multi MHz for their phone, how would a 3g work on tmo if the 3g just is not able to pick it up?

    I still think 3g won't work with tmo but if I'm wrong, educate me please.

  7. #27
    is the iphone 3g unlock out yet ?

  8. #28
    i used winpwn to jailbreak my iphone. i do have cydia and i wanted to use ibrickr to change my sms sound. ibrickr says that my 2.0 version is too old and must update and jailbreak. my version on my phone says: 2.0 (5a347) and firmware 040504g. is this the right info that should be on after using winpwn? i can download and use themes i really want to change the sms sound is there another program to use

    never mind i used the iphonebrowser and changed all sms sounds.
    Last edited by sakinah; 08-04-2008 at 05:33 PM.

  9. #29
    where do i download it?
    xD

  10. #30
    iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    246
    Thanks
    159
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sakinah View Post
    never mind i used the iphonebrowser and changed all sms sounds.
    lolz...there u go..lolz

  11. #31
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    this looks good, hope installer is on it.

  12. #32
    I have a 1.1.3 ziphone jailbroken iphone, NOT unlocked since I am still with ATT. I want to try this 2.5 when it comes out.

    Should I restore to 2.0 and then use 2.5 to jailbreak it?
    Or do I have to restore it to 1.4 and then use this program? I'm so confused.

    Also, when I restore, will I be able to get my contacts back? I dont fancy re-entering all those contacts! (althought I assumed that they were synced back to my yahoo contacts when I sync with my computer via itunes?

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by dmb41302 View Post
    why does everyone want 3g unlocked so bad, it won't even work at 3g speeds!!! AT&T is the only network in US or pretty much north America that has a 3g frequency. You will be forcedto use the edge network thus defeating the whole purpose of even having the phone. Dont bother with overseas unlocked either, their 3g frequency is different from USA.... It's a dead end. Stick with AT&T or get 1st gen iphone andstop complaining. Props to dev team for their work and geohot for his insights.
    FYI, all iPhones 3G support international UMTS frequencies as well. So unlocking an AT&T iPhone 3G and taking it overseas and then use a foreign SIM makes perfect sense since it supports European 3G frequencies too.

  14. #34
    I have used quickpwn to unlock 2g, version 2.0.2. but it seems that youtube is not activated. and when i run youtube it says that first run itunes. When i run Itunes it says your country does not support Itune music store. (2.0.1 with WinPWN worked just fine). any HELP.. please HELP HELP...

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to vivekpar For This Useful Post:

    duquesa (08-28-2008)

  16. #35
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    400
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by vivekpar View Post
    I have used quickpwn to unlock 2g, version 2.0.2. but it seems that youtube is not activated. and when i run youtube it says that first run itunes. When i run Itunes it says your country does not support Itune music store. (2.0.1 with WinPWN worked just fine). any HELP.. please HELP HELP...

    I just posted this in this thread HERE. which is probably a better place to put it. Keep an eye out for an answer I will do the same. I also am going to troubleshoot it when i get off work, and get home. Ill update this thread along with the other, when I come up with a solution other than repwning.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-23-2008 at 07:18 PM.

  17. #36
    Thanks a lot MuggZ5. I commend the dedicated efforts by development team. My sincere appreciation. Looking forward to the solution to Youtube activation issues with Quickwpn..

  18. #37

  19. #38
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    259
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts

    WinPwn 2.5 ( Update 08/28/08 )

    Yay! Squpix fixed the 2.0.2 bug and we are now preparing for beta release! Get your iPhone/iTouch's ready it's winpwning time.
    Thanks again for the support.


  20. #39
    Winpwn 2.5 released NOW!

  21. #40
    What's Jailbreak? gandalfgreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    But where? winpwn.com seems to be down/overwhelmed, and I can't find any mirrors.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •