Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SDK apps + 1.1.3 = a winning pair

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    IMHO, I think apple's IT people can/have figured out how 1.1.3 was/can be jailbroken without the DEVS "telling them" by releasing their method. Apple, like other companies, employs some of the smartest and best - former(and probably some still current)hackers. Our own Government does the same thing with hackers. Arrest them and offer them a job.

NOBODY knows the iPhones workings better than Apple's Iphone techs, not even the DEV gods, period. I do love what the Devs have done for the iPhone unlockers and wish them continued success(i have donated). But come, on apple already knows how the Devs Jailbroke 1.1.3. MY 2 CENTS

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rx2mazda View Post
    IMHO, I think apple's IT people can/have figured out how 1.1.3 was/can be jailbroken without the DEVS "telling them" by releasing their method. Apple, like other companies, employs some of the smartest and best - former(and probably some still current)hackers. Our own Government does the same thing with hackers. Arrest them and offer them a job.

NOBODY knows the iPhones workings better than Apple's Iphone techs, not even the DEV gods, period. I do love what the Devs have done for the iPhone unlockers and wish them continued success(i have donated). But come, on apple already knows how the Devs Jailbroke 1.1.3. MY 2 CENTS
    that is also true, but if it is an unknown exploit (ie a hack..) then apple may not be aware of it. i also don't think it would be cost effective for apple to have their engineers working to figure out how the phone was jailbroken rather than working on improvements that will help them sell more phones
    Last edited by Broomhead; 08-04-2011 at 07:47 AM.
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

darn my luck!! M still stuck with 1.0.2. But will update asap I m posted home.
    I just hope I get off this field duty....damn u FBI administration.......anyways i m happy that atleast i dont have to buy new phones everytime a new FW comes. Updating FW over nokia or any other symbian os phone is one tough job.

I wonder what will be the limitting factor with the sdk out???? I can already visualize driving my car with iPhone in James Bond style.

Ok well this answers some questions,

And if Apple doesn't update the firmware before the SDK, then it was a great move by the Devs to hold onto the jailbreak for a little while. But logic still gets the better of me. As stated earlier in this thread, NO ONE knows the inner workings of the iPhone better than the Developers at Apple. So i still think there's a high chance that they will find the exploit the jailbreak uses before the SDK, with one exception. That exception being that the Devs are really sticking it to Apple this time and found an exploit that even Apple wouldn't find. I actually think that the Devs know what they are doing as well and have a good idea of what Apple would or could find. So if the Devs were confident enough to hold up on releasing the jailbreak because they truly believe Apple will not find it, then there's also a good possibility that Apple will not find it. I guess it all depends on just how sneaky our iPhone Dev friends are

Also, knowing now that apps run in Var/Mobile, what exactly is the jailbreak going to do? does it allow root access? will apps be able to run in root? will we be able to get the signed SDK apps without paying for them?

iPhone? More like MyPhone cosmoLV's Avatar
    Thanks

just relax ewerybody This is only a phone, and what is jailbreak VS all life? bee cool
    Carrier: LV LMT
    Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
    -------------------------------------

I recon apple will release another update. They often add functionality that won't be used until a new update - from operator logo's lurking in system files, to the scrolling that was introduced with 1.1.1 but wasn't needed (without hacking) until 1.1.3.

So even if they are nearly there with ability to accept SDK, I recon they need an update for it to fully work, they are still fixing bugs in the few weeks left. They will probably update iTunes and iPhone (and Touch), in order to download the new Apps (through iTunes), and install them on the iPhone.

Or even, perhaps something similar to the iTunes Store on the iPhone, downloading direct to the iPhone (like installer).

Anyway, my point is, another update is likely.

here's my 3 cents.
    new fw 1.2 will come out with the sdk.
    i also think the jailbreak for should be released just to prove to apple that hacking will never be stopped on this phone. im 100% positive the dev team could once again find another way to jailbreak the up coming fw. they should stop being selfish and release the jailbreak for 1.1.3 to all of us untalented less fortunate hackers. to tease us with the "we have 1.1.3 jailbroken... but screw all you guys" video is just wrong.

the fact that the dev team is too scared to release the jailbreak saddens me. it only took them a few days to jailbreak 1.1.3, so im sure they could easily do the same thing with fw 1.2 (aka 1.1.4 or even 2.0 for all we know..)

To me, this is actually a bit of good news, the part about the phone now running apps as a non-root user, I mean. Anyone who has used a *nix based OS knows, running apps as root, over large networks like the internet, is noob sin #1. I don't know how much recoding is necessary to restore the old apps to full working functionality, but seeing as most of them probably don't work for the time being, what exactly would be the point in releasing the jailbreak for 1.1.3 right now anyway? Then the boards would just be flooded with more threads like "zomg app/repo source such and such bricked my phone!" Reading this bit of news, I can now happily make it until the SDK, running my generic Apple 1.1.3 phone. I just hope some great new apps come out of it, and the ones we have now, can gain more stability as the result of it.

I think jailbroken 1.1.3 is unnecesary until the dev teams releases anysim 1.1.3 I dont want a jailbroken iPhone ... i want an UNLOCKED iPhone

The only thing I see keeping this from being the final SDK release is the calling of CoreAnimation by it's old name LayerKit in the 1.1.3 headers still.

They changed LayerKit to CoreAnimation during the pre-release Leopard builds early in 2007.

I really assume they'll make the name change for iPhone by the time the SDK hits to keep Apple's ADC documents in line and unified between the two platforms.

Otherwise it looks like everything else is in place to make the SDK.
    Patrick McCarron
    iPhone Software Engineer @ Mobileage, Inc

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The point of the jailbreak is so everyone can fix there apps......... That's y we need it. And for all of u people out there that complain about unlocking get over it. Till 1.1.4 comes out there will be no unlock for 1.1.3 ( do any of u read and thing on this forum?) but anyways whatever I'm over all this 1.1.3 stuff. The look at more cool apps and other stuff. I'd the dev wanna keep there secrets let them its there problem. I think its funny people are still fighting for the jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by pingwhen View Post
    The point of the jailbreak is so everyone can fix there apps......... That's y we need it. And for all of u people out there that complain about unlocking get over it. Till 1.1.4 comes out there will be no unlock for 1.1.3 ( do any of u read and thing on this forum?) but anyways whatever I'm over all this 1.1.3 stuff. The look at more cool apps and other stuff. I'd the dev wanna keep there secrets let them its there problem. I think its funny people are still fighting for the jailbreak.
    hmmm... I don't think that's true. We've had our 1.1.2's unlocked since November.

Whats your logic behind the unlock? I agree with say a 1.1.3 otb but us that have originally started with 1.1.1 and sooner shouldnt have to wait as long 1.1.2 was able to unlock fairly quick after its release.

Man, i just want the jailbreak to change the SMS, Voicemail, New-Mail, lock and unlock.caf files...the 3rd party apps are nice, i just want to change the GUI files....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    sweet now they can release the 1.1.3 jailbreak

iPhone? More like MyPhone cybergeek2021's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonedude22 View Post
    sweet now they can release the 1.1.3 jailbreak
    No they cant release the jailbreak because there is still the possibility of a 1.1.4 to come with the sdk. Apple is probably trying to trick us into letting the jailbreak free so they can see what is is that we have discovered. Just to be sure Apple doesn't have anything up their selves it shouldn't be released.
    Like what you see... Click on the "Thanks" Button!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cybergeek2021 For This Useful Post:

jrlederer (02-28-2008), turimblar (01-23-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by huey View Post
    hmmm... I don't think that's true. We've had our 1.1.2's unlocked since November.
    Partially correct.

Those with the 3.9 bootloaders on 1.1.2 can software unlock, I have a couple of these and they are unlocked by me. You would use anySIM 1.2.1u.

Those with the 4.6 bootloaders have no software unlock. They either have to crack open their phone and do it the hard way, or buy one of those ICCID spoofer SIMs to trick the phone into thinking it is using a legitimate SIM.
    Hmm...

dev team should release the jailbreak because everytime they do, apple tries re-jailing the iphone, but they also bring out new features

so if the dev team releases the jailbreak then apple might roll out something like flash or copy paste or even video recording...
    yea damn never thought of that thats a good point
    Last edited by Broomhead; 08-04-2011 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    • SpringBoard no longer requires Summ(b)erBoard for scrolling pages
    I've not needed SummerBoard for a scrolling home page since, what, 1.1.1? Perhaps he means that SpringBoard doesn't need to be "patched".

Regardless; I'm awaiting the SDK with my shiny, fully restored, 1.1.3 iPhone.
    White 3G

Thumbs down Who cares?
    Who cares about all these iPhone software updates?

I'm running 1.0.2 and have what I want.. Personalized ringtones, wallpapers, etc.. Third pary apps which allow me to do whatever I want..

Why go through the process of upgrading, and wipe out everything you have on it.. Restore.. Put everything back on..

Name one advantage of any of these GAY Apple updates after 1.0.2 (Don't include things that can already be done via 3rd party apps)

The only update I will install is the one that includes Flash support.. PLEASE.. Get with it Apple and put ur employees to work and put out a REAL update!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast