View Poll Results: Does your iPhone 3g have cracks?

Voters
462. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, er, what do I do?

152 32.90%
  • no mine's awesome

310 67.10%
+ Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3g Cracked

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
From: iPhonestalk Is there something wrong with Apple Inc.? First the debut of the 3G iPhone was welcomed with ranting customers how slow they were with the service. Next, MobileMe
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Is there something wrong with Apple Inc.? First the debut of the 3G iPhone was welcomed with ranting customers how slow they were with the service. Next, MobileMe became a MobileMess. And now, new complains from the second-generation iPhone users are flourishing all over the MacRumors forum as well as the discussion forum of Apple Inc. that their 3G iPhone’s shell are having cracks at the back.

These cracks were not because of the customer’s fault (accidental drops, etc.). So this might be a manufacturing problem from Apple Inc. Most of the complaining customers were owners of the 16 GB model. The 3G iPhone with bigger memory has a white shell that is why they easily noticed the crack that came from nowhere. But there are also several 8 GB 3G iPhone owners who complained about the crack as well. The latter model has a different color than the 16 GB model, which is black.

The shell of the first-generation iPhone was made from aluminum. But it was soon replaced with plastic shells because Apple Inc. said that it can receive signals better.

If Apple Inc. would not do something about the shells of these second-generation iPhones, they might face new set of issues, criticisms, as well as angry mobs.

Green Apple
    Thanks

A crumple zone?! That is absolute hooey!!! Ive dropped my iphone first gen more times than id like to remember onto stone flooring and the like and its fine, if a little dented here and there. It doesnt need a crumple zone.

If the iphone detonated in your hand some mac user would try and put a positive spin on it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nimbulan View Post
    A crumple zone?! That is absolute hooey!!! Ive dropped my iphone first gen more times than id like to remember onto stone flooring and the like and its fine, if a little dented here and there. It doesnt need a crumple zone.

If the iphone detonated in your hand some mac user would try and put a positive spin on it.

that dent you referred to, is exactly what they mean by crumple zone.
    if it doesnt dent it will crack.

i still say its from heat damage. thats how plastic works.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    My "theory" on this: the 3G has a more curved backside meaning less surface area. If you rest the iphone on a hard surface it kinda wobbles and increases force on plastic back, when using touchscreen. I think it's a conspiracy to discourage hacking. Ha.

Thanks

mine got 2 long scratchs i dont know how, it is in leather protection since first day, I am mad

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have had mine for close to a week and I have really been keeping my eye on it. I am really paranoid about this happening to my phone especially since i sold my 2G phone to get it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I went into the Apple store today to see if they could fix/repair/replace my 16 gig white 3G. As soon as i was called up to the genius bar, i told the guy my problem and he said ok we'll get you a new one right away. It was kind of funny cuz he turned to all the other geniuses and told eberyone that he actually saw the cracked 3G. I guess they thought it was a myth...., anyway, he went through all the repair crap, got to a page on the instore macbook showing the same pics of cracks on the topic page of this topic and asked me to look away cuz it was internal stuff... but then he said screw it, it takes too long to fill out all this crap. sad though, cuz they didnt have any 16g white in stock so it had to be ordered.

iPhone? More like MyPhone r1994augusto's Avatar
    Thanks

muahahahahah it seems like apple wanted to put the 3G on sale as fast as they can, that they didn't take time see who the iPhone was and the now we can see al those mistakes.... The needed to take their time like they did with 1GEM

Thanks
    shiat i don' t need my iphone hatting friends to read about this. haaa

man this is messed up, i am glad to read that someone is getting a new one because of it. i wonder what the general practice will be for costumers who demand a new one.

Thanks

hmm...but will they be able to replace all cracked ones to new ones??

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

1g Iphone is the best it gets!!
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    2 words, class action!

Thanks

This is ******* ****! I bought my 16GB white iPhone 3G day one of the US launch and have treated it like a baby since. I read the reports and this thread about the cracks and I said to myself that you whiners need to treat your iphone better until last weekend I discovered a centimeter long diagnal crack to the left of the FCC sign. This is ********. Will they replace?
    1win.1 loss.1 draw

oo3
    Thanks

I've had mine since the first day and have never dropped it and never did anything rough to it...just noticed a crack on the back of my phone....not cool.

Thanks

not cool.....especially for something that costs so much

Green Apple
    Thanks

found a crack in my white iphone yesterday and took it back to the store. they played dumb on the issue but exchanged without a problem.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Haven't found a crack yet, keeping fingers crossed.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    mines fine!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

have had a 3g for a couple of months, no cracks yet!

Green Apple
    Thanks

i had mine, waited in line for it.. and babied my phone for the longest time; since the release date of the phone, until today i noticed a crack right near the sim card insert area of my phone.. i had put the invisishield on my phone and everything.. i really wanna exchange it but my phone is jailbroken with workins mms and ilocalis which will not be transferable to my new phone and i dont wanna exchange it.. does anyone know how can i be able to trasfer those to my new one if i get one?