View Poll Results: Does your iPhone 3g have cracks?

Voters
462. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, er, what do I do?

152 32.90%
  • no mine's awesome

310 67.10%
+ Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3g Cracked

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Ok, there really is no argument because this thread was not started by a Gen 1 user trying to make himself feel better about not waiting in line or having
    iPhone? More like MyPhone compton,Tx's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, there really is no argument because this thread was not started by a Gen 1 user trying to make himself feel better about not waiting in line or having enough money to purchase a 3g. Instead it is supported by all of the unhappy or mostly unhappy 3g users, and of course Gen 1 users who really like their phones. So when all the 3g users stop complaining about the cracks and plastic in the forum, 1st gen owners probably won't bring it up again. Besides the 3g is cool but my 1st gen is a much better LOOKING phone, and I did stand in line and paid for a new 3g iphone for my father. So back off!

Banned
    Thanks

word of advise, dont put your phone in your pocket with a glass pipe..
    pipe>3G. got a couple scratches on the screen that i have to live with FOREVER.
    (or until the 3rd gen come out.)

of course you all know im talking about a tobacco pipe.
    i mean what else would someone use a pipe for..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by huntor View Post
    word of advise, dont put your phone in your pocket with a glass pipe..
    pipe>3G. got a couple scratches on the screen that i have to live with FOREVER.
    (or until the 3rd gen come out.)

of course you all know im talking about a tobacco pipe.
    i mean what else would someone use a pipe for..
    hahaha i know what u mean happened to me too but wasnt as bad of a scratch

Green Apple
    Thanks

If anyone Skateboards...think about it like a stress crack. It happens but the board is still good. id expect it since my White Macbook has those exact cracks near the headphone and usb ports, still runs like a beauty!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Emir S.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Huntor, I keep my keys, lighter and 1st gen iPhone in the same pocket all the time (cigarettes are all that fits in the other [i'm a guy that wears fairly fitting pants] ) and I have zero damage to my phone; one I've had from the first month of release.

Your whacky tabacky pipe shouldn't have done damage unless you were doing something else
    Last edited by Emir S.; 08-01-2008 at 07:00 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

well rub glass on glass hard like it was in ur pocket

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by socalkevin212 View Post
    ^^^^^ T-Mobile 3G will not work with iPhone 3G, different frequencies.

T-mobile = 1700/2100
    AT&T = 1900/850
    it might work(when the dev team gets it unlocked), got this from apple's site:

Cellular and wireless

* UMTS/HSDPA (850, 1900, 2100 MHz)
    * GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
    * Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
    * Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR

we'll never know until it gets unlocked
    Last edited by chapelfreak; 08-01-2008 at 09:17 PM. Reason: added more info

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i remember before 3g came out, pics being posted on here showing one of apple's main distrobution warehouses outside of cupertino with pallets full of unmarked boxes bearing apple logo. The pics show them sitting in the sun all day in socal heat. Plastic cracks for some people without even dropping it! Heat damage. Find the post about the boxes, and u will see where i posted "i would wait a month or two for all the rushed phones to sell out"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Actually since tmobiles 3G network is already up and running in NYC, we just need to wait for the 3G iPhone to be unlocked and wait for someone in that area to test it out. Everyone else has to wait until October 1st.

Thanks

dropped mine 3 times, once on concrete,dents on silver and back but no cracks. 8gb black brought on release day

Thanks

tmobile uses a different signal for 3g its the better version, not the crap at&t is using. but still wont work for iphone 3g

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had to superglue the area between the screen and metal on my first gen because there was an annoying click noise everytime I tapped on the screen. Also I have a small scratch on mine from the little useless button type thing on the corner of jean pockets. Sucksss

Green Apple
    Thanks

Lol I don't know why everyone complains about 3G iPhone. It is technically better then the first gen iPhone. Tell me this, can your first gen use 3G cellular network? Probably not. Also the first gen has lower volume then the 3G so thats another thing that 3G. Then there is a more comforting tapered edges of the 3G that fits better in the hand. Then of course its GPS feature. So people who say the first gen is better, TECHNICALLY it is not... They may like it because it is stronger, but how many times do you drop your phone? I was still glad I got my 3G and sold my old first gen. First gen wasn't bad but doesn't mean it was better... How can something be better when it lacks hardware that the other has? Also the 3G case is replaceable. And the battery is also replaceable. I removed my entire case and stuck it back on just by unscrewing the small screws at the bottom. Thus apple will most likely come out with custom cases that anyone can put on.

Thanks

ha are you serious? Apple doesnt like people even replacing their batteries let alone changing the physical casing. This will never happen
    Everytime you dont press THANKS god kills an iPhone(so please save zee the iPhones)

Thanks

Default I was going to get one,
    Good thing i didnt cause as i say " The Cheaper the ******, or for young people, worse"

Those of you who know slang know what i mean, lol.

I still deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ee
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep down NEED the 3G.

MMi ownz!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've had my 3g since day one. I waited in line for hours for it and I've loved it ever since then. Ive dropped it and it has a scratch on the bottom by the speaker but its definitely where i dropped it not cracked open. I dunno where you get the phone lags from and 3g is slow it even seems like the wifi picks up better on the 3g phone. I sold my 1st gen so i could buy a 3g and I've never regretted that decision. =)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

3g 8g black since day 1.

no cracks.

i even managed to throw the phone (slipped) into a plastic chair really hard and not one ding, scratch, crack. works perfectly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Another sign that I made the right choice in NOT getting the 3G iPhone. I sold my 1st Gen iPhone in anticipation of the 3G release but once I saw the new design and lack of additional bluetooth profiles, mms, etc. I decided to go with the Nokia E71 (3G, GPS, solid construction).

The quality of the 1st gen iPhone was great. This new one feels cheap. If Apple can deliver 3G, GPS and the missing features in something that is more like the quality of the original design...I will probably be back.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

cheap plastic, no wonder why it's cheaper

Thanks

its not the cheap plastic. otherwise everyone would have the same problem.

its the heat damage from rushin these phones to market and being careless about where they were stored.