View Poll Results: Does your iPhone 3g have cracks?

Voters
462. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, er, what do I do?

152 32.90%
  • no mine's awesome

310 67.10%
+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3g Cracked

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by mgregor Don't sit on your phone and you'll be fine. No cracks here. Sick of hearing people saying that 1st gen is better, when in fact it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgregor View Post
    Don't sit on your phone and you'll be fine. No cracks here. Sick of hearing people saying that 1st gen is better, when in fact it is an inferior product. Stop trying to justify that your 1st gen is better just because you can't afford a new one or didn't get out soon enough to get one.
    1gen is better! I have 3g also. It's slow, fragile, and 3g ... sucks!! About GPS... a big HAAA HAAA HAAA!! It is like windows "NT" (Nice Try)...

1 gen, white (custom of course) 16Gb - 1.1.4 - remember that
    unix

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I love my first Gen. and I am patiently waiting for Summerboard and a steady customize. My TMobile EDGE seems to run much much faster on 2.0 than previous firmwares. Honestly Im not sure if its just timing regarding at&t's 3G network release, and TMo stepped up their speeds, or its the firmware. I CAN afford 3G's and would consider switching to AT&T when my contract ends this month. With that said, I know several people personally whom already have the 3G's and I pwned them myself, As well as their 1st gens. previously. Most tell me it was a waste to make another jump to 3G. A couple of them are already selling theirs. One has these cracks, Ive seen it. But It wasnt there when i pwned them for em so I couldnt tell you if it was abuse or not. Based on his reaction when he told me, I doubt he did it. So lets add this up:

Out of 6 people 4 have 3G's. all of which had/have the 1st gen.
    3 of 4 say they prefer the 1st gen. 1 Of which has a cracked black 3G
    All 3G users complain about their battery.
    So 1 perfectly happy customer with a little complaint about the battery out of 4?
    I dont care how you slice it, thats a failing grade. Dont you remember when you got your first iphone? I still get overly excited when i mess with mine, its been almost 8 months! My only/ever complaint about my phone has been Flash and Streaming!!!!!

Im not sold on the 3G yet, and maybe Ill make the jump in a few months when a few production runs have been done, and Im buying the phone almost bug free, Oh and T Mobile finally releases 3G speeds. Until then im keeping my original mint condition 1st Gen. Hackphone.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muggz5 For This Useful Post:

jdonn2009 (08-01-2008), redeyez69 (08-01-2008)

What's Jailbreak? socalkevin212's Avatar
    Thanks

^^^^^ T-Mobile 3G will not work with iPhone 3G, different frequencies.

T-mobile = 1700/2100
    AT&T = 1900/850

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Mcgregor, your post is the most disgustingly arrogant and ignorant I have read in a long while. It basically translates as 'haha, you poor people that can't afford 3G. I can afford 3G ahaaha and its better because I'm paying more'
    Next time you feel like penning such an ignorant post again, please dont hesitate to drop dead. When your phone starts cracking and if you complain, no-one will care.

Thanks

I think its fitting...after all they are selling like "crack"
    Live Forever Or Die Trying!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

God, what is the ****** problem? If your 3G sucks, guess what, you live in a sucky country with sucky 3G. Mine works good, I get great speed. Don't blame the phone for your carrier's incompetence.

Also, yeah, bad with cracked phones. What's the problem there? Go get it replaced? Gosh...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Crab fest here!
    Apparently the iPhone 1st and 3G people are now at odds like Blackberry users and iPhone users ! LOL.
    Plastic ANYTHING sucks. I STILL have, right here on my desk the ORIGINAL $499 Razr. I LOVE it. I need to sell it due to not using it, but I havent been able to bring myself to yet. Its a piece of engineering work, fully hack programed and still MINT condition. Every new Razr after that I know of has crapped the bed.
    I can WELL afford a new 3G so piss off on that. I dont use or like GPS. Dont browse on the internet much out of the house, because, well, Im out DOING something. I dont use ear plugs, so even the new jack doesnt appeal to me. My iPhone is now 2.0, is mint and does 110% what I want.
    These 3G's are mere WEEKS old, and have cracks all over! COMPLETELY un-acceptable. Plastic WILL age and stress, over YEARS though, not weeks! And to have Apple say 'Sorry Charlie' is wrong wrong wrong!

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBwizzle View Post
    Yes yes yes yes!!! iCould careless, iStill have my first gen iPhone, thanks to AT&T high data rate. i'M good with payin' my $70 bucks a month and my 1,700+ rollover minutes. iHope this dilemma forces Apple to go back to the lab and redesign this sucker. iDon't know why they didn't toss a camera on the front and a 32GB model. Apple iS over there stuck on stupid iTell you.

-sent from my iPhone

they wont do that they will do that on the next model just like there ipods.
    when the original ipod came out it wasn't even the best available but it was dam expensive then they kept changing it adding a little feature every time to make people buy it again and again and again just like what people are gonna do with there iphones
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

Thanks

Same with me xChrisx... Mine should be coming in the next few days and I'll be taking it out in store to make sure there aren't any cracks when I first take it out. Eh, I guess I'll get a case, but wouldn't that decrease 3G/GPS speed slightly?
    iPwn.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The sad thing is people keep saying if your phone cracks, exchange it, get a new one. However, if one phone cracks, I'm sure others will too. I really want this new phone so I can use my $100 bose in ear buds, but I've even seen reports of cracking near the headphone jack. My first gen iPhone is in perfect condition being that it has been jailbroken, hate to "upgrade" just to get a phone that's gonna fall apart in a few weeks. Eh, gues I might keep my OG phone, and take my chances with the 3g.

Also @ dishsnthings why get an iPhone if you're not going to use it's most prominent features, that being the internet, and ipod features. Any phone can dial out, and make calls, might as well stick to your RZR.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kokowawa View Post
    the new 3g is not better in signal strength, in fact it is worth comparing to the 1st generation iPhone, also the phone response sucks
    Very true. The new 3g iPhone reponse time is horribly slow and sluggish. All this extra stuff is making this thing into a pc installing all these files everywhere everytime you install an application from the iTunes store or from Cydia. Damn. What the hell did they change in this thing? One question I have to ask myself, is this the only phone in the world that doesn't recieve and send pictures? Because I think it is. Get with the program already apple. This is rediculous. Trying to make this phone a one player game. We all have family and friends and would love to see some pictures. Cmon already.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XChrisX View Post

Also @ dishsnthings why get an iPhone if you're not going to use it's most prominent features, that being the internet, and ipod features. Any phone can dial out, and make calls, might as well stick to your RZR.
    Ok sort of a point. But come on the tech of razr is of past. You can do internet on a Razr if you subscribe, I never did. Iphone MAKES you subscribe. I DO use it now on the road a little, but for weather checks and small stuff. I use it at home alot on wifi.
    I also use the ipod feature constantly, I wasnt clear on that post. I just dont use the EAR pieces or head phones. I have an awesome Memorex boom box that I plug the Iphone into.
    I wanted the Iphone mostly for the touch screen and hacking. I hacked the Razr, but lets face it no where near as easy or fun as the Iphone.

Thanks

xChrisx... if you have the black/white $100 bose earbuds, you can use those with the 1st gen iphone. I do, works fine.

Going to AT&T store to see if my phone has arrived... bye all
    iPwn.

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

I got my new iPhone 3G today... Nothing wrong with it yet...
    Just this news makes me scared for my beloved...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBito View Post
    xChrisx... if you have the black/white $100 bose earbuds, you can use those with the 1st gen iphone. I do, works fine.
    I have these....http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/reso...20Freebies.jpg The only way I've been able to get these to work with my first gen is with an adapter piece, and that's just really annoying. If there's another way, how'd you get them to fit?
    Last edited by XChrisX; 08-01-2008 at 10:43 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Micara57 View Post
    My iPhone 3G (white) has a crack right by the ringer switch, it has had this crack right out of the box, the very next day I called the Apple store, and they told me there was nothing they could do about it. This is very frustrating. Hopefully Apple will do something about this!
    Umm, you realize that you have 14 days to make a return or exchange on the phone for whatever reason you want. I returned 2 phones already because they had 1 dead pixel.

You could have walked into any apple store within that 14 days and gotten a new phone in about 5 minutes.

Thanks

Metal FTW

Plastic FTL

First gen FTW!
    EDM

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    Metal FTW

Plastic FTL

First gen FTW!
    Yeah if you like slow 0.2 mbit internet... I rather use the 3.6 Mbit Turbo 3G

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

dropped mine twice (instant heart attack as it fell) but it's fine no cracks yet (16gb black)

Thanks

The argument 1g versus 3g does not really apply to me as I don't even use EDGE (yes shock horror) because I am on pay as you go and don't really want to fork up for it, being a 17 year old student. I bought my iPhone because it is amazing, and replaced two gadgets (Meizu mp3 player and RAZR V3i) with one highly sexual gadget. So I don't think the 3G is worse or anything, I just don't need one, and in the UK to get one unlocked is very expensive on eBay. (At the moment, an iPhone 3G 8gb costs around 450 or $900 when I bought my 1st gen for 250 or $500).

I think the argument is pointless really, as this is only a minor upgrade to the iPhone. If they had given it a complete overhaul then yes the new model would be superior but as it is all they have added is 3G and a basic GPS, which might not appeal or be economical to everyone. Apart from that its the same phone, give or take the backing and the battery life.

Therefore, in my mind, it is not worth arguing about, and certainly not worth being rude about. They both run the same apps at the same speed. And that's all the majority of jailbreakers care about.

And for those 1st gen-ers that really care about GPS, check out iphone-gps.blogspot.com It's pretty neat, I might get one for when I have have passed my test and get a car.
    Last edited by thestrangestick; 08-01-2008 at 03:39 PM.