Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 7.7.1 is Out

Quote Originally Posted by jutendouji View Post
    I can confirm that cracked .ipa files still sync fine on my system to my iPhone (1st Gen) on iTunes 7.7.1. I'm on Mac OS X 10.5.4.
    Cosign. Works fine on 3g with ipa and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by jutendouji View Post
    I can confirm that cracked .ipa files still sync fine on my system to my iPhone (1st Gen) on iTunes 7.7.1. I'm on Mac OS X 10.5.4.
    Confirmed!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Has anyone seen if this update breaks adding your own custom ringtones?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoda_zx View Post
    Has anyone seen if this update breaks adding your own custom ringtones?
    still got my custom ringtones

Just upgraded 1st gen 1.1.4 to 2.0 with WinPwn 2.3 and iTunes 7.7.1 ... everything works fine... IPA's work, Cydia, Customize, ringtones...

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

So what we've noticed so far:

Backups now faster
    The cracked ipa's and ssh'd games still work

anything else?
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eikcuhc View Post
    uhm, naked dude, SwirlyMMS ring a bell?

the rest of my family uses Windows Mobile, its just whatever type of people use it.

people ask me, for business, what phone should I get? I point them to blackberry, its very tailored to their needs. If you pay attention, the iPhone is only a year old, Blackberry and Windows Mobile have been out for a decade or more.
    Yea, Swirly is good but it still should be built in to the OS not a third party addon. BTW, Swirly dont work in 2.0 yet....

We both know Windows Mobile has been out for many years so why are people still saying the iphone is the only phone that can do things that WM has been doing since it got released so many years ago?
    I have Pocket PC 2003SE that can do a lot more than the iPhone can. The only thing it cant do is make calls but it does have Skype so it sortof can.

If you actually put all 3 side by side Windows Mobile, Blackberry and iPhone I bet the Windows Mobile has more features than the other 2 put together. I do like the iPhone as its got a lot of potential to actually be the best on the market thats IF Apple unlock it and give it all the features a phone should have and what the iPhone lacks.
    The way it is now is like a tiny Mac with a phone addon.... or more like it a iPod with a phone addon.
    It's not a phone with extras is a iPod that can make calls. Thats problably why I dont like it as I have never liked or wanted an iPod.

Hey, I just noticed since I upgraded to 2.0 that there's no more speaker interference... Before I couldn't hold iphone on a work desk and now its just fine... just like other gsm phones. It makes noise on incoming call...but thats fine...

Hey guys, so from all this talk, what is the status on the new 7.7.1 for old iPhones on 2.0 (Pwnd) with T-mobile, on OSX 10.5.4? Is it safe to get? Will it brick the phone? Will it kill all of the apps that came with pwning, like Cydia and the ssh stuff that came with it? Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    What are you going on about? Have you heard of the smart phone? Or Windows Mobile? They have both been around for years and are heaps better than the iphone. The iPhone is a piece of crap compared to what Windows Mobile can do.
    I am now looking for a dopod or similar so I can get rid of this piece of crap. IF and I doubt it but IF Apple totally unlock all the features of the iPhone then it might be better than smart phones but I doubt they will ever unlock it so its an expensive piece of crap.
    Even a cheap crappy phone can do more than the iPhone can as they arnt as locked as this crap phone.

why are you even here?

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Holy crap, can we just ban or delete all the warez talk? Seriously, the amount of people clearly admitting that they use warez is astounding.

what ever happened to freedom of speech, i understand the forum has rules, but geez!

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    We need more talk about pwning in 7.7.1 and such, less on warez.

Truly pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonyyx View Post
    Now I really hope all the complaining and arguments stop because they are so off topic and this should be more based on iTunes with it's compatibility with the iPhone if it's pwned with WinPWN or Pwnage. Anyone got 2 cents to offer us? I need to confirm if an iPhone has successfully worked with the new iTunes and pwned by WinPWN v2.3 ..

thank you guys for complaining about being off topic or not contributing to the post and then not contributing anything yourself!
    Last edited by tattoojack; 08-01-2008 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by freyes01 View Post
    Have you tried to sync outlook calendar?

7.7 didn't sync cal with OL 2003/2007
    I have the same problem before; Search the web and learn the tricks to solve it.

Essentially, just delete all your recurring events first; erase sync history; and do the sync again. Then add your recurring events back. Then it will sync everything.

You can preserve your recurring before doing these, by exporting to another file first; restoring it later.

Thanks

Hey fairy guy, why don't you actually give some actual examples or specific reasons that the iphone is so crappy - okay, we get it, WM has been out for a long time. That does NOT necessarily make it a better os. I happen to have used a Nokia 2125 running WM for almost a year, and it was the worst, most unreliable phone i have ever had - ActiveSync is extremely inconvenient, and windows mobile is a joke. You still have an extremely watered down 'mobile' internet, and a very limited array of applications. Also, windows is the least open, and most proprietary operating system available, even OS X (which iphone is running) is built on the fairly open unix platform, and there are countless GPL applications in circulation specifically for macs - Apple even included X11 support with the operating system! Even iTunes is phasing out the DRM protection on their music. The primary reason for the AppStore and limit to signed code on the iPhone is for the protection of the average consumer - Look at how many buggy and, let's be honest, poorly written apps are in the official store! Imagine if there was no quality control, how many soccer moms and average users with no interest in hacking their phone would be coming in with bizarre problems. The overall customer satisfaction would plummet. It is not hard to jailbreak your phone if you wish, and there are ample resources to do so, but I for one am glad Apple cares about their consumer.

Sorry about the off-topic bickering, but this needed to be said.

Anyways, I am interested in jailbreaking, which I haven't yet done on my iPhone 3G 5A347, so perhaps I will be the first to do this (or attempt to do this) under 7.7.1. I am on OS X 10.5.4.
    But first of all, can anyone give me a comprehensive list of pros and cons to jailbreaking, or refer me to a good source on the matter? I would love to have ssh, vnc (that actually works),mobile console, file browsers, emulators, etc on my phone, but I just haven't seen enough out there yet to actually compel me to risk it. Any more info would be greatly appreciated. If you prefer to contact me directly my email is [email protected].

Thanks!
    -David

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    My unlocked/jailbroken 2G will not sync with this new 7.7.1 version of iTunes. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by VPxPrettyBoy View Post
    still got my custom ringtones
    I just got my first gen iphone and started with 7.7.1 so i dont have any existing ringtones. How do i trick itunes into letting me make them with 7.7.1 (winpwn2.0.1)? I've tried a ton of tutorials, but they're all for 7.4.

Thanks

if you have a mac, you can use garageband to create ringtones that will sync even on a regular 'locked' iPhone

what if all you got Is a pc?

Thanks

as far as I know, for the time being your only other options are to load them by jailbreaking (plenty of info here on it, but personally I don't have any experience with it) or to see if your pc can run OSx86. I guess you could also buy ringtones through iTunes >_<

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WillyDavidK View Post
    as far as I know, for the time being your only other options are to load them by jailbreaking (plenty of info here on it, but personally I don't have any experience with it) or to see if your pc can run OSx86. I guess you could also buy ringtones through iTunes >_<

yeah itunes has had ringtones since bout 7.5 i think.

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    yeah itunes has had ringtones since bout 7.5 i think.
    cool...but how do you create them using 2.0 and iTunes 7.7.1?

Thanks

you can probably just clip the files down to the length you want, and transfer them onto your phone using SFTP (see the guides section) into the ringtones folder.

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it, have you even taken the time to check the guides section at all? There are multiple guides for installing ringtones from windows.
    Last edited by WillyDavidK; 08-12-2008 at 03:22 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast