Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize 2.1.1 is here and on Cydia

What would be the easiest way to load a theme that isn't on the customize database? also, is there a way to get a theme added to that database?

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

this is true! Anyone having a problem changing their wall paper, delete the file, lockback....(above) and you should be all set. No you don't need to ssh to do it. Simple commander will do it! Anyone else having a problem with hearing the Dl sounds? Or customize crashing on you while applying or changing?

Customize needs to be cleaned up. There are so many useless space killing themes. Also the top 40 should be reset cause those aren't the 40 best themes, they've pretty much just been around the longest which isn't fair to the newer better themes.

how do you manually delete the files Customize leaves behind after you delete it?

I'm on 1.1.4, good thing i didn't see the update if not i would've upgraded.
    Thanks MMi, but i haven't seen it on Cydia yet, August 2nd, and for reasons not on installer.. lol screw installer.

Cydia pwns.

MMi ownz!

3G and i cant get Customize to apply anything at all. Ive reinstalled a couple of times and made sure of permissions but I cant seem to get anywhere.. Ideas??

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

try fixing permissions?

Quote Originally Posted by 97vrsix View Post
    try fixing permissions?

Thought i had... The app opens and runs... just nothing changes when i apply them

iPhone? More like MyPhone JP101's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, this is still really buggy. I am getting the same error message about the slow internet connection.

I have th app installed on my first gen Iphone Modded to 2.X
    and I understand their are issues like "the server did not respond etc"
    (which is most likely due to the high traffic demands. I waited until morning
    and got in several times without any glitches.) really pisses me off whe I see someone like the "spicychicken" release such a great app then only to have many people slam it and COMPLAIN... to those of you I say "MAN UP and quit your crying." otherwise unistal the app and move on! and to the SpicyChicken? GREAT WORK!!!!

Yea I don't mind my 1.1.4 with all my apps I will wait till this all get ironed out :-D

Default Can't change Lock Screen wallpaper...
    It seems i can't change the wallpaper on my lock screen. I installed customize and winterboard and wasn't sure if it was because of either of these apps or something else....any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by burdell1 View Post
    It seems i can't change the wallpaper on my lock screen. I installed customize and winterboard and wasn't sure if it was because of either of these apps or something else....any suggestions?
    Check out this forum:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/file-mo...ck-screen.html

Can anyone tell me the SSH location of the audio file so I can load some of my own sounds. I'm having a hard time finding it. Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thumbs up Woot
    Thank you so much for this guide customize seriously needs to get that fixed its not right not being able to put your own backround over theres

thanks so much

TROWSKIE

BTW We should make this sticky
    great guide that works

Thanks

hi i need help i read your guide but i never used putty before i figured out how to login but it wont change directory to applications is there any way you can give me a guide to do it all through winscp if so that would be very helpful by the way my problem is downloading it crashes to springboard i even paid for the premium servers

Quote Originally Posted by Oct26th1984 View Post
    ive had the same server issue ever since it was realeased on cydia... prob just an overload on the servers however my browser still works even when i get the message. Im using buuf 2 of whatever its called... trust me, set those permissions i told u about and u'll b fine, i was having the same problems. Go to the customizeapp.com forums n they tell u exactly which files u have to change permissions on

try this.. not exactly what i did but seemed to work for everyone else

"Works fine for me after given proper permissions. Running 2.0 on a 1st gen iPhone with wget and zip/unzip installed.

Heres how I installed it:
    1. SSH to iPhone as root.
    2. cd /Applications/
    3. wget http://customizeapp.com/uploads/rele...mize-2.1.0.zip
    4. unzip Customize-2.1.0.zip
    5. chmod -R 777 Customize.app
    (Heres where I think my instructions differ from others in this thread)
    6. cd Customize.app/
    7. chmod a+s Custom*
    8. rm -rf ../Customize-2.1.0.zip
    9. killall SpringBoard

There you have it, happy skinning

And thanks to TheSpicyChicken for a great app!

Edit: Please note that I have only attempted to skin the Dock as of yet. Downloading a full theme now."
    hi i need help i read your guide but i never used putty before i figured out how to login but it wont change directory to applications is there any way you can give me a guide to do it all through winscp if so that would be very helpful by the way my problem is downloading it crashes to springboard i even paid for the premium servers sorry for double post
    Last edited by richhee; 08-06-2008 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

esta chingadera no cambia mis wall papers de mi 3g aber cuando asen update grasias por su trabajo

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vegasflyby View Post
    Can anyone tell me the SSH location of the audio file so I can load some of my own sounds. I'm having a hard time finding it. Thanks.

system/library/audio/uisounds

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elpipiripau View Post
    esta chingadera no cambia mis wall papers de mi 3g aber cuando asen update grasias por su trabajo

So youre saying KFC no longer offers sporks? thats outrageous!

Ive been searching online and such for suggestions on a fix for customize, everything works, but it still crashes quite often. Or is it inevitable that I should just continue using winscp to place files in there rather than using the browser?

edit: Ive come to the conclusion that there is either an error or a bug when you download a package and then it crashes. The package does install, and usually is complete, and most of the time you can apply it without issue. This error/bug is related to respringing back to customize main page after downloading. It may be designed this way, its just a pain in the rear having re-open it everytime you download something.
    I also apply lockscreen wallpapers via my pictures with no issue. Then obviously home screen wallpaper via themes I created or downloaded for winterboard.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-10-2008 at 03:45 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    So youre saying KFC no longer offers sporks? thats outrageous!

Ive been searching online and such for suggestions on a fix for customize, everything works, but it still crashes quite often. Or is it inevitable that I should just continue using winscp to place files in there rather than using the browser?

yeah they outlawed sporks after 2 of them got out of their wrapper and mauled a woman in el paso.

and if you are ok with manually adding files instead of using customize, i would go that route.

i personally prefer doing it manually. you have all the control and sometimes packs on customize just dont work. its good to know how to go in and do it right.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast