+ Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize 2.1.1 is here and on Cydia

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
i have customize 2.1.1 on my 3g and everything works fine except status bar images (via customize) and wallpaper... But that is normal because Summerboard or freeboard are not out
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i have customize 2.1.1 on my 3g and everything works fine except status bar images (via customize) and wallpaper... But that is normal because Summerboard or freeboard are not out yet. What you have to do for customize to run properly is set the permission, i believe it was 0755 for the customize.app and when u open customize.app theres going to be a "customize" and a "customize_" those have to have their permissions set to 677 or sum number like that.

Thanks
    Although this is not 100% polished, it's a great sign of good things to come. I have so much respect for these guys. Working off of donations just to give us greedy bastards something to enjoy, and pretty darn quick too. Thank you for this.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dontmakemehurtu View Post
    Got the latest Customize on my 2G iPhone running 2.0 on T-Mobile with TZones working great. Bummed the home screen wallpaper can't be changed yet.

Changed status bar icons to match T-Mobile carrier logo and dock to 4-icon dock I found poking around.

Even on WiFi I get the message about being unable to connect. I don't mind it.

One issue: Where are the combination and fingerprint lock screen sliders I saw here on the forums that were on Customize, or so I was lead to believe? Have also been looking for the MacBook (Not the Air) keyboard.

Nonetheless, my home screen looks alright. I have to change the lock screen wallpaper manually via SSH but I don't mind since I don't change it that often.

Screenshot attached. Enjoy!
    Just curious but what is the name of that dock you are using? I like it a lot

Green Apple
    Thanks

Last edited by dontmakemehurtu; 01-26-2010 at 09:50 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dontmakemehurtu For This Useful Post:

jabbawalkee (07-30-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Thanks a lot man. I appreciate it. It looks like the dock from eGlass v3 or GlassOrb.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I never really used Customize pre-2.0, and based on the problems I've encountered so far, it doesn't look like I'll probably be using it now (my issue is it will never connect to the theme server even though I'm on wi-fi, and even pressing "close" and going to the theme browser does nothing, every single section is completely blank). I always just used Summerboard to change my icons/wallpaper. I have no need to edit the sounds on my phone, and I can always just change graphics with direct downloads from Installer or Cydia or just SSH myself.

Props to Spicy Chicken for getting this ported so quick, and I'm glad some are enjoying it, but I think I'll be uninstalling this and just waiting for Summerboard instead.

oo3
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oct26th1984 View Post
    i have customize 2.1.1 on my 3g and everything works fine except status bar images (via customize) and wallpaper... But that is normal because Summerboard or freeboard are not out yet. What you have to do for customize to run properly is set the permission, i believe it was 0755 for the customize.app and when u open customize.app theres going to be a "customize" and a "customize_" those have to have their permissions set to 677 or sum number like that.
    Which theme are you using? So far the only theme that kinda works on my my 3G is WhiteWidow. Other than that only two themes will change a couple of my icons and most others don't work at all.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ive had the same server issue ever since it was realeased on cydia... prob just an overload on the servers however my browser still works even when i get the message. Im using buuf 2 of whatever its called... trust me, set those permissions i told u about and u'll b fine, i was having the same problems. Go to the customizeapp.com forums n they tell u exactly which files u have to change permissions on

try this.. not exactly what i did but seemed to work for everyone else

"Works fine for me after given proper permissions. Running 2.0 on a 1st gen iPhone with wget and zip/unzip installed.

Heres how I installed it:
    1. SSH to iPhone as root.
    2. cd /Applications/
    3. wget http://customizeapp.com/uploads/rele...mize-2.1.0.zip
    4. unzip Customize-2.1.0.zip
    5. chmod -R 777 Customize.app
    (Heres where I think my instructions differ from others in this thread)
    6. cd Customize.app/
    7. chmod a+s Custom*
    8. rm -rf ../Customize-2.1.0.zip
    9. killall SpringBoard

There you have it, happy skinning

And thanks to TheSpicyChicken for a great app!

Edit: Please note that I have only attempted to skin the Dock as of yet. Downloading a full theme now."
    Last edited by Oct26th1984; 07-30-2008 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oct26th1984 For This Useful Post:

kcrmson (07-31-2008), Roamin21 (08-10-2008), Sniper366 (07-31-2008)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H0CKEY View Post
    well this is a nice step in the right direction...tried it....very buggy so i uninstalled it for now till the kinks are worked out

and for all you whiners, DON'T consider being a Beta Tester for anything , since you can't even appreciate or give constructive input on what is going on with the app

HERE...watch this tutorial --> YouTube - Fur TV, Eds super fix it

rotmfflmmfao!!!
    dude that made my f***in day

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ive had the same server issue ever since it was realeased on cydia... prob just an overload on the servers however my browser still works even when i get the message. Im using buuf 2 of whatever its called... trust me, set those permissions i told u about and u'll b fine, i was having the same problems. Go to the customizeapp.com forums n they tell u exactly which files u have to change permissions on

try this.. not exactly what i did but seemed to work for everyone else

"Works fine for me after given proper permissions. Running 2.0 on a 1st gen iPhone with wget and zip/unzip installed.

2. cd /Applications/
    6. cd Customize.app/
    7. chmod a+s Custom*
    9. killall SpringBoard
    I installed from Cydia over my SSH'd copy, still had issues where it would crash to SpringBoard after each download. I did the quoted method above starting at step 5 and ending at step 7 and now the app is totally stable for me. Thanks for the info!
    Last edited by kcrmson; 07-31-2008 at 03:28 AM. Reason: just to mention I respringed to the lock screen via BossPrefs after doing the above
    I came, I saw, I forgot what the hell I was there for.

Thanks

hey guys where does custimize keep downloaded wallpaper?
    thanx

Thanks

For those having trouble downloading themes, a fix that worked on 1.1.4 for me was to clear the Customize cache, close out of Customize and restart Customize. Go to All Themes and open search, leave the search box empty and press search.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagow View Post
    To get the weather icon to work you need to change your language to United States. But MIM, App Store, and other new apps are not supported yet. I uninstalled it for now and going to wait for Summerboard. Background still not working either but still a GREAT sign for Cydia to get all the COOL apps first.
    Yes, the weather icon changed for me! It's the Region that has to be set to United States.

Waiting for other apps to be added to their themes so I can upload more icon images. Can't wait for Summerboard to come out

--
    !!blue
    loving my hand-me-down 3G

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphoneroeth's Avatar
    Thanks

Customize brings up a screen for log in! Do you need to have an account?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iphoneroeth View Post
    Customize brings up a screen for log in! Do you need to have an account?
    Yeah, it's easier to go to the website and create an account there. Once that's done wait a while and then start Customize again. It "should" ping the site and see you have an acct based on your serial number (I guess?). Anyway, it worked for me that way.

--
    !!blue
    loving my hand-me-down 3G

Thanks

2. cd /Applications/
    6. cd Customize.app/
    7. chmod a+s Custom*
    9. killall SpringBoard
    I verify that this worked for me on Customize 2.1.1, Ipwned 2.0 Jailbroken/unlocked t-mobile 2g. I Applied the the buuf2 theme from "Local Themes" in the theme browser.

Thanks man, this is getting much better now that it works.

Edit: Changing wallpaper doesn't work through Settings or Camera roll. any help please? if it's not fixable, how do I change the wallpaper through ssh?
    Last edited by Sniper366; 07-31-2008 at 11:04 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    For some weird reasons, progressbars does not work anymore lol.

Downloading...
    0% - 100% - 0-100-0101-10100101

Same for applying..

Thanks

Whats the problem with some themes, do the app icons not go into their respective folders? Ive downloaded some themes that say there are 300+ icons for every program then I dont see any....

Thanks

inverted. None have been updated for 2.0 yet. Only default icons change

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by n0name321 View Post
    Seems to work fine for me. The only issue I have is that I made a backup before I changed anything on the phone and then downloaded a few themes and applied them. Now I want to go back to my original setting. When I do this everything goes back to normal except for the "Lock Screen Wallpaper" this is stuck on whatever the last theme's wallpaper was. Obviously I can download a different one through customize and change it but the original wallpapers are not usable anymore. Anyone have any idea?
    SSH into your phone and delete /var/mobile/Library/LockBackground.jpg. After you do that you can change to whatever wallpapers you have on your phone.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to candyg12l For This Useful Post:

zoblue (08-02-2008)