+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize 2.1.1 is here and on Cydia

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by mmomega installed and working fine, all icons changed with the Buuf2 theme, just no wallpaper yet but I'm happy so far with the "baby steps". Keep up
    iPhone? More like MyPhone dillonsmith9147's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmomega View Post
    installed and working fine, all icons changed with the Buuf2 theme, just no wallpaper yet but I'm happy so far with the "baby steps". Keep up the good work and looking forward to an entire theme change soon.
    same here, but it did tell me a few times that my internet connection was to slow(3.0mbps is not slow) i just kept restarting the app then it asked me to create an account and viola, works fine cept for the background, though thats the main thing i wanted

Thanks

I dont know why there are people having these problems. Did you guys install via Cydia? I am not having any problems on my 3G... Only thing is no wallpaper changes yet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm not sure what I'm missing here ?

I successfully installed it via Cydia on my 3G

went to their website and registered a new account with my 3G serial number

wifi enabled

start up Customize 2.1.1

sometime times out, sometimes connects

doesnt ask me to log in ?

go to available file sets, example for Chat1 and Chat2, everything is empty !!!! nothing is available to change ?

what am I missing here ?

thanks so much for your help, feel soooo dumb right now...

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

im 3g and i did it through cydia. it keeps asking me to register and also crashes when looking for sound preview. i wish i was at home so i could SSH, but im at work.

Thanks
    Default Never connects to servers!
    I'm very upset that I keep getting a Server Unavail message when I start Customize. I got it off Cydia and I'm able to change system strings but Customize runs sooooooooo slooooooooooooow on my iPhone.

The website? Jeez, it's like I'm back to using a modem for pete's sake!
    I even uploaded a theme to the website--and, yes, it took two days to upload--but since Customize never connects to the server I'll never get my theme!! :'( It's called Yummy if you're curious. Icons are from DeviantArt.

I installed Customize after not having luck with Springroll. Sr only changed the iPhone icons and not any of the App Store app icons.

Someone please tell me how to upload my pngs to the Customize app using WinSCP or iPhoneBrowser or something! Then Customize can see them and I can change my icons via the [Customize Images/Sounds > Application Icons] menu. Yes? I think that'll work, that's how I use to do it back on 1.1.3. Right?

--
    !!blue
    loving my hand-me-down 3G

Thanks

About the 'Server Unavaible' screen.

I just click 'Close' when it comes up and every function of Customize works normally for me (of course not the parts that require Summberboard or Freeboard, i.e. custom springboard backgrounds). It has a bit of a slowdown but it's still working. I am registered on Customize's website, and a paid subscription member.

Maybe the message is coming from Spicy's server (or a message generated to protect overload levels on his hosting company) because most likely it's the same problem Apple/AT&T had on the original 3G activation day.....too much traffic cause everyone wants to access it.

I'll bet that many (if not most) of the v2.0 j/b iPhone users around the world are trying to use the server today since it's been released on Cydia, and add in the v1.1.4 (and before) jailbroken iPhone's around the world too....

Come on. Quit whining. This is one of the most awesome apps for the iPhone and it's FREE. Spicy has no where near the resources of what AT&T/Apple have, but yet everyone expects it at that level on the day he releases a new version into the wild. Give it a day or two, and I'll bet the traffic is back to a more normal level, and most of users have no issues anymore. Paid or not.

If you want to subscribe, you can, but you don't have to (it'll still work, but it's slow...you get what you pay for). I subscribe because I think it's worth it. This is one app that needs or deserves to be a paid app, imho.

Flame suit on!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hartphoto For This Useful Post:

Jah (07-30-2008), majl702 (07-30-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenzoHartt View Post
    bretthartt rocks!
    Tru-dat, but Stone Cold Steve Austin stunned his ***.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

yay im so excited. now i have a reason to go to 2.0
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I installed Customize this afternoon, and it is working alright, a bit slow and also I do have that register message popup and I have to close customize and reopen it. Besides that I can download theme's and I can apply them, but same problem, I tried the #1 theme in the top40 bouff02 or something and All of my icons change except for my weather and app Store icons, duno if it's just cause it's glitchy still maybe? Because weather icon is in the preview for it, besides that, seems like it is working. Give it another week. Thanks to the developer for putting it out, can't wait for summerboard to be released now!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anyone know how to fix broken sliders? Mine are gone. Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by InvertedS2c View Post
    I dont know why there are people having these problems. Did you guys install via Cydia? I am not having any problems on my 3G... Only thing is no wallpaper changes yet.
    Yea, its weird the variety of expereiences.

No problems here on my 2g, everything working fine. Excited for SummerBoard though....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you very much for your support in 1.1.4
    because I have not decide up to 2.0 now.

Thanks

Default It Works..
    I've uploaded Customize and I've put the icandy icons and dock on it. The only blemish i've had with it is the Not able to connect to the server and then it starts to use my edge connection. For those of you who are getting this error as well.... Make sure you have a Wi-Fi connection (if Not it may take forever or may not work at all), Update Cydia (make sure you have all of the updates) Install Customize, Select The Theme browser and be patient It may say " Server Unavailable" ... Hit Close and select the theme browser again... and watch the magic.

Quote Originally Posted by batman27 View Post
    Tru-dat, but Stone Cold Steve Austin stunned his ***.
    Read The Signature Buddy
    Last edited by bretthartt; 07-30-2008 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Best There Is...
    The Best There Was....
    And The Best There Ever Will Be.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcgee_jr View Post
    Anyone know how to fix broken sliders? Mine are gone. Thanks.
    I bet not broken. I bet you installed the invisible ones. They are called transparent in Customize. I thought of that and said WHOA, dont want to do that!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dishsnthings View Post
    I bet not broken. I bet you installed the invisible ones. They are called transparent in Customize. I thought of that and said WHOA, dont want to do that!
    He's probably right.... But if your stuck you should still be able to run your fingers across it like its still there to get you to where you want to be.
    The Best There Is...
    The Best There Was....
    And The Best There Ever Will Be.....

Thanks

you guys have to remember he's only a college student and has limited funds for servers and bandwidth. So he's being bumbarted with hits and large bandwidth uses that he cant handle.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    To get the weather icon to work you need to change your language to United States. But MIM, App Store, and other new apps are not supported yet. I uninstalled it for now and going to wait for Summerboard. Background still not working either but still a GREAT sign for Cydia to get all the COOL apps first.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does anyone have the stock keyboard files for the 2.0 firmware, mine is kind of hosed and I was hoping that I would be able to fix this with customize, but it seems I can't change to any of the customize keyboards without it being black and garbled (best term I could come up with). All I was able to find in the MMI file archives is the 1.1.4 keyboard files, tried using these but they don't seem to fix the problem. Hoping the 2.0 ones will, PLEASE HELP. Thanks in advance

FYI they are located in /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework and there are 2 files:

1. Keyboard-Common.artwork
    2. Keyboard-Latin.artwork
    Last edited by jreb13; 07-30-2008 at 06:26 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

every time I try to change the volume slider or the unlock knob it says that there is a error in changing the files. I am able to change the themes and stuff but not the individual things.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Last edited by dontmakemehurtu; 01-26-2010 at 09:52 AM.