+ Reply
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Jailbreak Achieved - not public yet

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by grantmaier687 It's way more difficult than just sticking it up on a torrent site. Some of the new features of the 1.1.3 apps will only run with
    iPhone? More like MyPhone jltdhome's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grantmaier687 View Post
    It's way more difficult than just sticking it up on a torrent site. Some of the new features of the 1.1.3 apps will only run with the new framework in 1.1.3. The devs are currently working on porting these apps into 1.1.2.
    It would really help a lot if someone would upload the files so that EVERYONE can test and tweak to make them work. I wouldnt mind giving it a try.
    Lightning from the Sky - Thunder from the Sea

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

will the turbo/stealth sim work with jailbreaked 113 Iphone?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jltdhome View Post
    It would really help a lot if someone would upload the files so that EVERYONE can test and tweak to make them work. I wouldnt mind giving it a try.
    I don't think they will. Currently, the only people that have access to these decrypted apps are the devs who jailbroke 1.1.3. And i think it's a matter of security. They would need to clean the files up well to make sure there was no evidence of how they jailbroke 1.1.3. I personally don't think they should wait for the SDK to be released. Just be patient, they'll come out with a ported version of the 1.1.3 apps in a nice little package that won't need any tweaking

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey everyone i'm new on here... i tried to update my phone to do the whole mod it out and it didn't work... is that because of the fact that the version thing says 1.1.3 (4A93) i know it sounds stupid but i spent like all night trying to figure this out and i just want like a few different things on my phone. if i have to restore my phone i will but then how do i keep my contacts (all 275 of them) please help me out anyone thank you!!!!!

Thanks

yeah does anyone know if turboSIM/sim proxy/sim cloning works? It would be really cool if it did coz I use turboSIM and it has survived every update. When I update all I need to do is jailbreak and hacktivate and I'm all sorted

Also, does ipsf work? That has been immortal to updates so far.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i think apple should just let us hack the phones i mean what part do they lose on unlocked phones it increased there market lets count how many phones they sould that are not on there network and multiply it by 400! and they dont have to hold up the warrenty so no cost to them if someone bricks a phone!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to robbpell For This Useful Post:

ThaSoulHacker (01-20-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

so simple people like us
    You mean simple people like yourself, right?

What a nuisance this guy is ... why do people reply to him anyway?

Thanks

great work guys...how long do u think before the any sim for 1.1.3 is out???
    Did I Help you?? Then Hit the Thanks button!
    16gb iPhone running 1.1.4
    Jailbroken and Unlocked!
    MMi ROCKS!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hosies View Post
    AWESOME!!!!!
    one question though, is the mac store selling 1.1.3 now? or can i get a 112?
    My brother bought a 1.1.2 iPhone yesterday (Jan 19).

Now that the jailbreak has been achieved. Would someone from the DEVTEAM post the Maps and the MobileSafari apps so we can use them on our 1.1.2 ipods/iphones. Isnt that the biggest part of the upgrade anyways?
    There may be some legal issues involved with posting official Apple apps...
    Last edited by Napoleon_PhoneApart; 01-20-2008 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 1.1.3
    I have an OTB 1.1.2 which I jailbroke and use NEXT SIM to use with tmobile and it works great. With the news of firmware 1.1.3 jailbroken does that mean it will be sim unlocked also or do I still have to use the NEXT SIM?

iPhone? More like MyPhone jltdhome's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rrsodl View Post
    You mean simple people like yourself, right?

What a nuisance this guy is ... why do people reply to him anyway?
    Yeah cus youre doing so much by complaining. Im only trying to get things done around here
    Lightning from the Sky - Thunder from the Sea

Thanks

Can someone post the Maps/MobileSafari apps for 1.1.3 somewhere so we can install them on our 1.1.2 - this is the only highlight of the update other than rearranging your icons which we can do already. HELP... SOMEONE POST THEM PLEASE!!! Im going through withdrawals.
    Dont worry, its been asked for many times on many forums. Sooner or later it will be posted...

Thanks

wow coool the devs rule

wow coool the devs rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by yashasvi; 01-20-2008 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What bugs me is that IPSF announced that they have a jailbreak for 1.1.3...
    Will they hold with the dev's tactics or will they release it before SDK...
    Considering that they have the pressure of the product that they already sold, and what they could sell.

Thanks

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there a distinct possibility that Apple is working on a new way of securing the iPhone/Touch in the next update?

Sure they might not know exactly how the current hack will work, but surely they can change what they feel are weak points, enough so that it is a new hurdle.

I'm not worried, as every attempt at blocking jailbreaks has failed so far, but I wonder whether this strategy will pay off, or if Apple will alter things in the next update still. They know their products weaknesses more than any other, and will know what to change, surely?

I hope I'm wrong, as the next update sounds like a pretty big one!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

WOW!Awesome! Good job !

iPhone? More like MyPhone mtwiford's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshysquashy View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there a distinct possibility that Apple is working on a new way of securing the iPhone/Touch in the next update?

Sure they might not know exactly how the current hack will work, but surely they can change what they feel are weak points, enough so that it is a new hurdle.

I'm not worried, as every attempt at blocking jailbreaks has failed so far, but I wonder whether this strategy will pay off, or if Apple will alter things in the next update still. They know their products weaknesses more than any other, and will know what to change, surely?

I hope I'm wrong, as the next update sounds like a pretty big one!

I totally agree with you. I understand what the devs are trying to do with not releasing it yet, but lets think logically here. Do a search in google for 1.1.3 jailbreak and you will see that about 70% of the titles in the forst 100 results say: "1.1.3 jailbroken but not public yet". Well you know that apple is watching this and guess what; if they know the jailbreak has been achieved then why would they not change it anyways, even if is not public. They know that the dev team will release it as soon as the SDK is available so why would they keep it the same? Dont get me wrong, I appreciate everything that the dev team is doing but I am not following on their thought process on this one.

iPhone? More like MyPhone aglitch's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah cus youre doing so much by complaining. Im only trying to get things done around here
    Umm... you only have 5 posts dude, and the only thing ive read from you is about copying the new Mapp.app to 1.1.2... which wont work btw because as stated before, the frameworks from 1.1.3 are different. so... yeah.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

there is no way it will work... Unless we add programing to the phone itself

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lack of fundage i can help with that but i could give some web space for them if they need it

+ Reply
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast