+ Reply
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Jailbreak Achieved - not public yet

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
this is going to be sweet... i miss the feature locate me on maps...
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Wink read it
    Did anyone read this on iPhone Atlas? If not, than just do it!

Still using 1.1.1 and still happy with it. I just don't know why people are so mad about 1.1.3. Just chill you'll have it it someday jailbroken and even unlocked. Yeah sure, 1.1.3 has some cool new features, but everyone who decided not to buy an iPhone with that "special contract" has to wait.
    This is how it works out till someone will come along with a permanent unlock or maybe next year they will unlock them like the Blackberrys,
    who knows... till then it's all about cats an mice.
    it's a raduletzgo

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Raduletzgo For This Useful Post:

Haze2k (01-24-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    k can anyone answer plz i really want to know if wen we jaibreak it will u be able to do the new things like lyrics and rearanging icons and shortcuts of websites plz plz plz plz plz plz answer

iPhone? More like MyPhone j3wbagell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trent J. View Post
    lol..

well.. i know some people will come here and ask when it will be made public.. cause they are dumb.

I agree with that though.. sounds like it will help us in the long run.

"video"

can any of you observant guys point out something wrong with that video? or is that a dev?
    everythign is backwards

cant they at least say wether or not it will be something like oktoprep or like 1.1.1?
    Last edited by j3wbagell; 01-24-2008 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My parents didn't pay for my iPhone.
    *If i help you hit that "Thanks" button for me*

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stler View Post
    k can anyone answer plz i really want to know if wen we jaibreak it will u be able to do the new things like lyrics and rearanging icons and shortcuts of websites plz plz plz plz plz plz answer
    when they release the jailbreak of 1.1.3 then yes you can have installer and all your 3rd party apps with lyrics, shortcuts of websites, etc

Quote Originally Posted by eurom3r View Post
    they have a 3rd party app for that now for <1.1.3-ers
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 01-24-2008 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iLive an iLife

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I totally agree with the move the Dev team is making. I for one can wait to enjoy the minor updates from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3. I'll stick with my jailbroken 1.1.2 iphone and just make the jump to 1.1.4 with the SDK.

Patience people.....patience

Green Apple
    Thanks

They just realeased the jailbreak method. Chech out TUAW. (windows only for now)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Heads up everyone the 1.1.3 jailbreak has been released

http://cre.ations.net/blog/post/ipho...break-released

Doesn't look too bad!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by benderbends View Post

Lets not go there. One thing I always hated about internet arguments (no im not going to use the Special Olympics joke) is that people always classify NOOB's as ones who can not have opinions. Yes i am techinically a NOOB at this site, but that hardly means I am not entitled to my own well founded opinion. And all because you side with the supposedly more "intellectual" devs does not make you better or right. It just means you share their opinion. It never hurts to question your teacher you know?
    Wrong, everyone is entitled to an opinion. That's not a noob . A noob is someone who doesn't even bother to take the time to educate themselves (even a little) before they post (after the 100th similar post) "If I update my iPhone to 1.1.3 can I still use my non AT&T SIM?" That's a n00b. Or "I tried to open my case with a screwdriver to find the unlock switch and now my iphone is damaged, please help!!!" (an actual post!)

Have your opinion, just make sure you (I mean everyone) at least do some homework first before starting a debate and then perhaps opinions will carry more weight.
    Last edited by imode; 01-24-2008 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stler View Post
    Yes once the phone is jailbroken you will be able to use all the new firmware updates thats the whole point to this thread and getting it jailbroken. Though if you are not on ATT then you will need to hope the anysim dev team updates there program to work with the new 113 update as well or else your phone wont work! Anyway sit back and relax I also want this update but we got to wait till the SDK packages come out!

If this helped you please thank me with the thank you button!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I know it says 10-15 mins to update the phone using the soft update via installer, but I'm sitting at about 30-40 now. Should I try again or just be patient?

BTW it's stuck on the "installing package" deal with the bar going across the bottom of the screen. It's just shy of half way across.

SUCCESS!!!! I just kept tapping the screen to keep it "awake"! It finally rebooted and came up with the "Edit Home Screen"!!! 1.1.3!

dbldare
    Last edited by dbldare; 01-24-2008 at 04:53 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey im new here so i hope your not that mean to me...

But is this the Dev team jailbreak. It looks like the soft update to 1.1.3?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gregd View Post
    Hey im new here so i hope your not that mean to me...

But is this the Dev team jailbreak. It looks like the soft update to 1.1.3?
    They are all Soft Upgrades, although there are ways you can use the soft upgrade to get 1.1.3 working perfectly. It takes about 3 hours, and only works with locked phones, but it seems like its worth it...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    THANK THE LORD!! Those that achieved this are simply awesome! I had to restore to 1.1.3 due to some people's advice in here, which screwed things up for me royally. I truly miss my 1.1.1 jailbroken phone SO MUCH - It sucks to be back to stock! But this is TRULY worth the wait! Hopefully SDK comes out soon in Feb. YES!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

...oops sorry
    Last edited by AlLTlEZZA; 01-30-2008 at 12:16 AM. Reason: didnt read the whole thing through

+ Reply
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112