Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 235

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 1.1.3 Jailbreak Achieved - not public yet

  1. #201
    The way I see it?

    If the 1.1.3 jailbreak is taking too long for your tastes, go develop your own. Seriously. And STFU while you're at it.

  2. #202
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 20 Times in 14 Posts

    dont want to get in the middle of all the fussing, but how does complaining on whether it is ok to complain or not about the dev team releasing the iphone 1.1.3 jailbreak solve anything?

    there are over 6 billion people in this world. i am sure there are not only 7 iphone elite hackers who know how to jailbreak this update.

    if you really want to jailbreak it, and don't care about the SDK, or whether the jailbreak will be patched, etc., create your own jailberak. if you don't know anything about hacking or modding, learn. its all out there. learn.

    if you don't want to learn about it, fundraise for it. get donations and offer a reward to someone who finds a jailbreak.

    i am sure there is more than one way to jailbreak the iphone as well... we have seen so many different holes already. maybe if someone finds a different jailbreak than what the dev team has, the dev team can keep their jailbreak safe for the next update, while the other jailbreak method is realased for now.

  3. #203
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    does anyone know if wen u jailbreak it the icons will be able to wiggle and rearange because on apple u have to pay to do dat

  4. #204
    Yeah, Dev Team... seriously hurry up and streamline this FREE jailbreak method and possibly botch having a jailbroken phone capable of running legitimate SDK apps, so that I can have inaccurate GPS RIGHT NOW! That'd be great.

    So either that, or quit whining and try to figure it out yourselves.

    Donate to the Dev Team instead of ******** at them.

  5. #205
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 20 Times in 14 Posts

    why do u have stars in all ure posts?

    arent we mature?

  6. #206
    Default Leak?
    I don't know how well this dev team is keeping this private, but has anyone thought that Apple might get a hold of a leak of this jailbreak before the SDK release. If they do, this whole discussion is futile, and the dev team will have to find a new jailbreak for the next firmware. I would suggest that if the dev team is gonna sit on this "solid" jailbreak and "hope" that Apple doesn't get the leak, they should also try finding alternate jailbreak methods so that they have a backup in case their wait-em-out plan doesn't work.

  7. #207
    I wouldn't be surprised if Apple fusses with the FW in some minor way that messes up any possible jailbreak just because they know there's a "jailbreak" waiting to be released out there.

  8. #208
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Texas (Hook Em)
    Posts
    282
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts

    Why don't they setup a method on their site where you give them your email and they email you how to do it. I guess Apple could give their email, but I doubt they would hear about it. Just a thought.

  9. #209
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 20 Times in 14 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparblaze View Post
    Why don't they setup a method on their site where you give them your email and they email you how to do it. I guess Apple could give their email, but I doubt they would hear about it. Just a thought.
    someone would leak it...

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparblaze View Post
    Why don't they setup a method on their site where you give them your email and they email you how to do it. I guess Apple could give their email, but I doubt they would hear about it. Just a thought.
    it would be copied and pasted into every iPhone blog anywhere.

  11. #211
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    353
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 48 Times in 38 Posts

    too many n00bs complaining about a delay in releasing the jailbreak. don't forget that even after a jailbreak the phone is still locked until 1.1.4 comes out (unless you have an AT&T contract). So rush ahead, jailbreak your now 1.1.3 iPhone and enjoy your overpriced iTouch until 1.1.4 is released.

  12. #212
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 20 Times in 14 Posts

    hmm

  13. #213
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imode69 View Post
    too many n00bs complaining about a delay in releasing the jailbreak. don't forget that even after a jailbreak the phone is still locked until 1.1.4 comes out (unless you have an AT&T contract). So rush ahead, jailbreak your now 1.1.3 iPhone and enjoy your overpriced iTouch until 1.1.4 is released.
    Firstly, after jailbreaking 1.1.3 we will have to wait for Anysim to release a unlock for 1.1.3. 1.1.4 will still keep the phone locked.
    Now I was very frustrated when I heard that the jailbreak is not going to be released but now I am okay with it, when the SDK is released and new apps are developed i would be more exited to use the new apps and the SDK while having my phone unlocked with Anysim or other means, than to use the wiggle function or gmaps, I want to be able to have a unlocked phone running the new SDK apps, alongside Installer apps with the latest firmware. With that in mind, the devs are doing exactly what I want and what is more bigger. I have one request though, PLEASE COME UP WITH UNLOCKING METHODS FOR USE WITH 1.1.3 AND WITH THE FUTURE SDK PLEASE FOR US WHO DO NOT HAVE OFFICIAL iPhones.
    Regards,
    Madhur.

  14. #214
    Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Independence, LA
    Posts
    5,642
    Thanks
    656
    Thanked 765 Times in 592 Posts

    I would like to be able to down grade my OTB 1.1.2 from 1.1.3.....I guess I will just have to wait.

  15. #215
    anyone know when the SDK is supposed to come out?
    1JZ-GTE w00t!



    My Supra Video
    MySpace

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by imode69 View Post
    too many n00bs complaining about a delay in releasing the jailbreak. don't forget that even after a jailbreak the phone is still locked until 1.1.4 comes out (unless you have an AT&T contract). So rush ahead, jailbreak your now 1.1.3 iPhone and enjoy your overpriced iTouch until 1.1.4 is released.
    why is the phone locked until 1.1.4 is released?
    1.1.3 is currently not unlock-able, but thats not to say it cant be unlocked. And if the jailbreak was public, then it would be easier for people to test unlock methods.

    and if for some reason...no one could figure out how to unlock 1.1.3, then what makes you so sure 1.1.4 will be unlock-able?

    as i have said before, i could care less about release or not. as i dont use the new functions in 1.1.3, nor do i need 1.1.2. I'm happy with 1.1.1, and apptapp. I have no need for the SDK, but i think it has potential so that more people can create apps easier (although we have to wait and see the details of the SDK).

    the problem i have is the "reasoning" behind the wait makes no sense. Unless i am missing something, then forgive my ignorance, but whether or not they release it, and whether or not apple knows about a jailbreak for 1.1.3, they are still going to modify the firmware further for 1.1.4
    (or 1.2 most likely to coincide with SDK release) so that they can continue to patch up any holes or security leaks that would allow us to hack the iphone. Thus making the jailbreak 99% incompatible with 1.1.4 and still requiring a new method of jailbreak.

    therefore....if that is the case, then why not wait another year until the announcement of the jailbreak so that apple "cant figure out what we are doing" and then we will be able to unlock version 3.5 or whatever it reaches at that time. this way we can be sure to get the most out of the iphone.....


    it is just principle for me....and "hackers" waiting to hack doesnt make much sense in this case....and therefore i feel it is stupid. I think we are all entitled to our own opinions, and to each their own.

    to get down right rude or arrogant or pig headed or name calling is a bit childish and shows how some can still not handle a conversation online

  17. #217
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wraysbury, UK
    Posts
    606
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 62 Times in 40 Posts

    I'm not trying to be a firestarter as I'm happy with my jailbreaked 1.1.2 iphone and I don't care about 1.1.3 anyways apart from the google maps but.. thinking about it, wouldn't releasing the jailbreak now just speed up the time for the 1.1.4 update (to fix the security loophole of the 1.13) and give us maybe more stock features on the iPhone? Surely that is a good thing? Also, wouldn't the hackers delay the time to make Anysim as well as in order to use Anysim you need to jailbreak in the first place?

    Like I said, I'm happy with my 1.1.2 iPhone, it has never let me down and I can pretty much to what the 1.1.3 iPhone can do now so I'm not bothered if the hackers are keeping the method for themselves. My comments are more like questions really and just would like one of the hackers or anyone can give me good reasonable explanations in why they are holding out on the jailbreak method because at the present moment I do not see this helping us in the long run.

  18. #218
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by benderbends View Post
    why is the phone locked until 1.1.4 is released?
    1.1.3 is currently not unlock-able, but thats not to say it cant be unlocked. And if the jailbreak was public, then it would be easier for people to test unlock methods.

    and if for some reason...no one could figure out how to unlock 1.1.3, then what makes you so sure 1.1.4 will be unlock-able?

    as i have said before, i could care less about release or not. as i dont use the new functions in 1.1.3, nor do i need 1.1.2. I'm happy with 1.1.1, and apptapp. I have no need for the SDK, but i think it has potential so that more people can create apps easier (although we have to wait and see the details of the SDK).

    the problem i have is the "reasoning" behind the wait makes no sense. Unless i am missing something, then forgive my ignorance, but whether or not they release it, and whether or not apple knows about a jailbreak for 1.1.3, they are still going to modify the firmware further for 1.1.4
    (or 1.2 most likely to coincide with SDK release) so that they can continue to patch up any holes or security leaks that would allow us to hack the iphone. Thus making the jailbreak 99% incompatible with 1.1.4 and still requiring a new method of jailbreak.

    therefore....if that is the case, then why not wait another year until the announcement of the jailbreak so that apple "cant figure out what we are doing" and then we will be able to unlock version 3.5 or whatever it reaches at that time. this way we can be sure to get the most out of the iphone.....


    it is just principle for me....and "hackers" waiting to hack doesnt make much sense in this case....and therefore i feel it is stupid. I think we are all entitled to our own opinions, and to each their own.

    to get down right rude or arrogant or pig headed or name calling is a bit childish and shows how some can still not handle a conversation online
    Need the secpack from 1.1.4 to unlock the 1.1.3 (that or some super-genius devs ) Same thing happened for 1.1.2... once 1.1.3 came out we had a solution in days!

    I would also like to point something out. Look at who is ********... the people with under 20 posts. These people give nothing to the community and expect to be able to reap the rewards. I admit I am nowhere near as skilled as any member of the dev team. hell, if any of them have kids, their kids are probably more skilled than me in this regard. But i try and help as best I can. Posts and "thank you's" speak for themselves

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I'm not trying to be a firestarter as I'm happy with my jailbreaked 1.1.2 iphone and I don't care about 1.1.3 anyways apart from the google maps but.. thinking about it, wouldn't releasing the jailbreak now just speed up the time for the 1.1.4 update (to fix the security loophole of the 1.13) and give us maybe more stock features on the iPhone? Surely that is a good thing? Also, wouldn't the hackers delay the time to make Anysim as well as in order to use Anysim you need to jailbreak in the first place?

    Like I said, I'm happy with my 1.1.2 iPhone, it has never let me down and I can pretty much to what the 1.1.3 iPhone can do now so I'm not bothered if the hackers are keeping the method for themselves. My comments are more like questions really and just would like one of the hackers or anyone can give me good reasonable explanations in why they are holding out on the jailbreak method because at the present moment I do not see this helping us in the long run.
    They are holding out for one reason... 1.1.3 is setup to be compatible with the SDK apps. This means that with the release of the SDK we MAY or MAY NOT see 1.1.4 (or any other new firmware they wish to name it). The devs are betting on the fact that there will not be a newer firmware released with the SDK. I would say at least 20% (probably way more) of people who have an iphone are not on the contract apple wants them to be on. these means money losses for apple. This also means that if the dev team released their jailbreak method, apple would have every reason to produce another firmware update (that was previously unplanned) in order to lock out modders from using the official apps. The firmware update could be a thing as little as being called 1.1.4 and making NO changes whatsoever except for the fact that new 3rd party apps (SDK apps) can not be installed without the latest firmware.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 01-24-2008 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

    madhurdutta (01-24-2008)

  20. #219
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wraysbury, UK
    Posts
    606
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 62 Times in 40 Posts

    I guess in the end, its all a matter of time to see who is right or wrong. I hope the hackers have got this all right.

    Apparently though, the team have got two methods of jailbreaking now and one hardware unlock and they are releasing one of the jailbreaks either tonight or tomorrow. Don't shoot the messenger, just delievering the news. lol.

  21. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Need the secpack from 1.1.4 to unlock the 1.1.3 (that or some super-genius devs ) Same thing happened for 1.1.2... once 1.1.3 came out we had a solution in days!
    That makes sense, and in that respect I guess it just makes things easier to wait for 1.1.4...but it is possible :P


    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I would also like to point something out. Look at who is ********... the people with under 20 posts. These people give nothing to the community and expect to be able to reap the rewards. I admit I am nowhere near as skilled as any member of the dev team. hell, if any of them have kids, their kids are probably more skilled than me in this regard. But i try and help as best I can. Posts and "thank you's" speak for themselves
    Lets not go there. One thing I always hated about internet arguments (no im not going to use the Special Olympics joke) is that people always classify NOOB's as ones who can not have opinions. Yes i am techinically a NOOB at this site, but that hardly means I am not entitled to my own well founded opinion. And all because you side with the supposedly more "intellectual" devs does not make you better or right. It just means you share their opinion. It never hurts to question your teacher you know?


    party on Wayne ... party on Garth ......

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •