Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Jailbreak Achieved - not public yet

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post
    There are reports that this is a hardware jailbreak (requires you to hack the hardware). Is this true?
    No, I highly doubt that.....
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dale1v For This Useful Post:

meagain (01-22-2008)

i hope they can figure out how to activate 1.1.3 aswel for us sim unlocked people coz i use turbosim and i really want 1.1.3 but need the activation & jailbreaking to get going

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

There is no messing around with hardware required. It has been confirmed.

For my question, so basically if we upgrade now then jailbreak the phone or if we wait and jailbreak it we will lose all our apps and have to reinstall them either way.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    I think that come February, we will see a completely different landscape for third party apps. IMHO, we will be facing two possible scenarios, depending on whether the the SDK will be freely available (incorporated into XCode) or needs to be purchased for a premium.

As I see it, it all depends on whether or not the SDK costs you. Even if it doesn't most useful apps will go shareware or commercial. I'm not judging this, I'm just musing what it might look like in two months time.
    My guess is that the SDK is free but the apps won't run on a non jailbroken 1.1.3 unless they are digitally signed. Getting the app signed will cost a lot of money. There will possibly be an iphone emulator to test the apps before submission to Apple. Apple will then test the applications before they are signed to ensure there are no holes or trojans. Don't take this a fact, just my opinion.

Is there a chance that the jailbreak method with be released before the SDK.
    Cheers mate!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kazaam View Post
    Well, for each iPhone that Apple sold, and activate with AT&T, they will get $280 a year from AT&T. so if someone buy an iPhone from Apple and activate it with AT&T, they will get $680 the first year ($400 iphone+$280 first year contract) + $280 each year after that.. I not sure if that $280 is due every year for Apple or just a onetime.. Either way, with an iphone that get activated with AT&T, Apple sure gets more than $400..

So thats why they have to kill all the unlocks if they can to keep their profit higher!
    what do you think apple prefers? $280 per activated phone or multiple $400 for phones bought only because people are able to unlock them..

Don't underestimate the amount of foreigners buying an iPhone, and the amount Americans that bought one to use it on their own network. Apple probably makes more money on these extra sales than they do on the (compared) "pocket change" they get from AT&T for an activated iphone.

That's also why Apple has no problem selling iPhones (even more than one) to tourists, while AT&T requires activation at the store, or a $500 deposit if you want to take the phone home without becoming a customer at that moment.

@Macisbetter, if you'd read the thread you'd known that there actually IS a chance that they'll release it before february
    The Dev's are cleaning up the code right now and preparing the release.
    Last edited by Tommer; 01-22-2008 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    No, I highly doubt that.....

It is not a hardware unlock.

There is still argument whether the jailbreak will be released before or after the SDK.

We will find out soon.

I am sure they will hold off releasing the jailbreak to the public until after the SDK is released... they dont want to have apple get their hands on this yet

i think its kind of stupid to wait...as every update from Apple will likely break the jailbreak as they have on every other update

and when the SDK is released...there will most likely be another update to coincide

Quote Originally Posted by Trent J. View Post
    lol..

well.. i know some people will come here and ask when it will be made public.. cause they are dumb.

I agree with that though.. sounds like it will help us in the long run.

hmmm..

can any of you observant guys point out something wrong with that video? or is that a dev?
    Is he the backwards man everything is backwards or in a mirror

Quote Originally Posted by benderbends View Post
    i think its kind of stupid to wait...as every update from Apple will likely break the jailbreak as they have on every other update

and when the SDK is released...there will most likely be another update to coincide
    That is correct but why ruin the new features that we don't have by releasing it now GET IT! you seem to be one of those impatient people
    Last edited by domanads2k4; 01-23-2008 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

im not impatient at all... im still happily on 1.1.1

i just dont understand the logic behind the wait....

they say they want to wait so that apple doesnt change something in the next update (at time of SDK).... problem is that they WILL change things in the update regardless of if we release the jailbreak or not.

so why wait?

hi could you tell me the name of that file?

They next update may change things, but Apple didn't fix the TIFF exploit until it was publicly being used for jailbreak.
    Software is too complicated for there to be much probability they will find the jailbreak if it isn't public.

Even with third-party apps (which won't run as root btw) the ability to run Customize or iSwitcher or SummerBoard to theme the phone will require jailbreak.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Quote Originally Posted by Tommer View Post
    what do you think apple prefers? $280 per activated phone or multiple $400 for phones bought only because people are able to unlock them..

Don't underestimate the amount of foreigners buying an iPhone, and the amount Americans that bought one to use it on their own network. Apple probably makes more money on these extra sales than they do on the (compared) "pocket change" they get from AT&T for an activated iphone.

That's also why Apple has no problem selling iPhones (even more than one) to tourists, while AT&T requires activation at the store, or a $500 deposit if you want to take the phone home without becoming a customer at that moment.

@Macisbetter, if you'd read the thread you'd known that there actually IS a chance that they'll release it before february
    The Dev's are cleaning up the code right now and preparing the release.
    I think you read the same article that I read

I seem to remember that the $280 was for 5 years not for just 1 year - actually $280 for 1 year seems excessive anyway .... as for the $400 for the iPhone, only $80 is profit.

This would indicate that Apple would want every iphone to be locked under contract but there is also room for those phones that are being sold to markets where Apple does not have a deal in place with a particular phone provider.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Stop bickering please
    Quote Originally Posted by rrsodl View Post
    I think you read the same article that I read

I seem to remember that the $280 was for 5 years not for just 1 year - actually $280 for 1 year seems excessive anyway .... as for the $400 for the iPhone, only $80 is profit.

This would indicate that Apple would want every iphone to be locked under contract but there is also room for those phones that are being sold to markets where Apple does not have a deal in place with a particular phone provider.
    Guys, stop arguing over how Apple makes more money.

a.) thats not the point of this thread
    b.) apple has a reputation to keep. if anyone found out apple was only here to make money, they wouldn't have any business. apple kept a word with att and they have to keep true to it.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by benderbends View Post

TRUE! We are waiting merely to hype up the release and nothing more. Its the same installer app and the same coding minus a few tweaks. Would apple seriously even put out an sdk that catered to the jailbreak software installer? NO! So why the bull*!it waiting period?

Simply because people want to feel "elite". They damn near have the right to be since they came up with it BUT seriously why feed some silly excuse about apple doing something to the sdk if you release this too soon. This holds no water in my mind. Tell it like it is...

They want to have the software on their phones for the next 3 weeks and show off that they are the creme of the crop when it comes to iphone hacking.

Not cool.

I'd love to see what happens when you nerdtards release a jailbreak in Feb that gets screwed when they release the sdk (& possible update) you are so impatiently waiting for. Give the people what they want. Witholding information to the public is exactly what apple does so why be like them? Take strides toward your goal don't stop to take breathers and celebrate before you cross the finish line. Before you know it the race will be over and you will have lost.

Quote Originally Posted by realism View Post
    TRUE! We are waiting merely to hype up the release and nothing more. Its the same installer app and the same coding minus a few tweaks. Would apple seriously even put out an sdk that catered to the jailbreak software installer? NO! So why the bull*!it waiting period?

Simply because people want to feel "elite". They damn near have the right to be since they came up with it BUT seriously why feed some silly excuse about apple doing something to the sdk if you release this too soon. This holds no water in my mind. Tell it like it is...

They want to have the software on their phones for the next 3 weeks and show off that they are the creme of the crop when it comes to iphone hacking.

Not cool.

I'd love to see what happens when you nerdtards release a jailbreak in Feb that gets screwed when they release the sdk (& possible update) you are so impatiently waiting for. Give the people what they want. Witholding information to the public is exactly what apple does so why be like them? Take strides toward your goal don't stop to take breathers and celebrate before you cross the finish line. Before you know it the race will be over and you will have lost.
    They're waiting impatiently? You come here ******** and whining about how you don't have your sweet jailbroken phone.

Shut up.

to anyone whining about the hacks release... it's not rocket science. Have you notice every update that apple has released killed the jailbreak. If they release the hack right now, apple will change the sdk to block the hack. Then we will have to wait even longer for another hack. so STFU already, do you whiners even understand what the SDK is?

Quote Originally Posted by medafor View Post
    to anyone whining about the hacks release... it's not rocket science. Have you notice every update that apple has released killed the jailbreak. If they release the hack right now, apple will change the sdk to block the hack. Then we will have to wait even longer for another hack. so STFU already, do you whiners even understand what the SDK is?
    we do, however I am not sure about you mate

21. The Following User Says Thank You to monk1234 For This Useful Post:

Hackme (01-23-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by monk1234 View Post
    we do, however I am not sure about you mate

Stop crying!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast