Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone update 2.1 with Turn-by-Turn?

Thanks

Hey I Am registered As a debeloper but i dont see the update? Any ideas?
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mars478 For This Useful Post:

chas0001 (07-26-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by marsman478 View Post
    I am in the same boat. I am a registered iPhone developer but cannot see the update. What a crock..

that means you're registered as a developer for iPhone, which entitles you to the iPhone SDK. You need to be on the iPhone Beta Program, a seperate program which is very difficult to get into to get registered for the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by jfmsam View Post
    Did your 1rst G iPhone require re-activation after the upgrade. My 3G didn't. I did Option+Check for Update rather than Option+Restore, and as usual I unplugged the device before it finished rebooting. I was never asked to connect to iTunes to activate, though I did register the device about 5 minutes prior to installing the new firmware.

In other words, if you have a legit AT&T iPhone 3G account you may be able to install this release without registering your device for development.
    Possible good news to all 3G users waiting for relief with a new release once this is leaked.

BTW: On another forum, I got confirmation that a user was able to downgrade but the baseband remained upgraded, so you may want to give it a try.

Hope this helps you...
    My 1st gen phone was not previously a development phone. I actually sold my development phone on eBay recently. This 1st gen was my wife's old iPhone & When I restored the 2.1, it wouldn't let me on as it said 'There's no service from AT&T & if you're an iPhone Developer, you must log into your portal & enter the identifier on this phone into your portal.".

I forgot to enter the id in my portal beforehand, so yes, it does require activation. I logged into the portal, ID'd the iPhone & within 2 minutes, it activated itself.
    Last edited by FireFish; 07-26-2008 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone jfmsam's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FireFish View Post
    My 1st gen phone was not previously a development phone. I actually sold my development phone on eBay recently. This 1st gen was my wife's old iPhone & When I restored the 2.1, it wouldn't let me on as it said 'There's no service from AT&T & if you're an iPhone Developer, you must log into your portal & enter the identifier on this phone into your portal.".
    FireFish:
    I can confirm you that for iPhone 3G, Apple forgot (or didn't bother) to make the device reactivate upon the upgrade.
    I just performed the same procedure on my wife's 16G white 3G and its working without being registered at the dev portal.

On a side note, circled below is a new tidbit I found at the About screen. Maybe somebody else can shed some light on what it is or if its just informative.
    Last edited by jfmsam; 07-27-2008 at 12:37 AM.

Thanks

Hey thanks for your quick response! Is there anyway to apply for the beta program and do you have to pay. I thought both programs where the same thing because before 2.0 officially came out, you needed one of the 2.0 Betas to test your apps and it said on the page (and still says) test apps on your iphone
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

Thanks

Hey thanks for your quick response! Is there anyway to apply for the beta program and do you have to pay. I thought both programs where the same thing because before 2.0 officially came out, you needed one of the 2.0 Betas to test your apps and it said on the page (and still says) test apps on your iphone
    This is what Apple sent me:
    "Thank you for your participation in the iPhone Developer Program during the beta period. As a participant, we are pleased to offer you continued access to new, pre-release versions of the iPhone OS and SDK."

I guess your membership had to be prior to the release of 2.0. I did some poking around and there is no way a dev can now selectively choose to be in the Beta program. I guess you can always ask Apple directly.

Nope. No way to pay & get on it. You're expected to test your apps via the iPhone Simulator included in the SDK / XCode.

I guess you can always ask Apple directly.
    Good luck. I heard rumors that they stopped accepting applicants over two months ago, but it doesn't hurt to try.
    Last edited by FireFish; 07-27-2008 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FireFish For This Useful Post:

Mars478 (07-27-2008)

FireFish:
    I can confirm you that for iPhone 3G, Apple forgot (or didn't bother) to make the device reactivate upon the upgrade.
    I just performed the same procedure on my wife's 16G white 3G and its working without being registered at the dev portal.

On a side note, circled below is a new tidbit I found at the About screen. Maybe somebody else can shed some light on what it is or if its just informative.
    Yes, I did see that new item in General Options.

Interesting that it allows you to update to the new build from iTunes with the IPSW & that you didn't need to use XCode to install it.

When you're legit Beta user, your provisioning certificate shows up in General Options as so (see attached).

What I'd really like to know is can you simply restore 2.0 on a 3G iPhone that was upgraded to 2.1 Beta. Apple says all over the developer's site that you can't, but I wonder. If you try it & it works, let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screenshot-2008-07-27-02-08-34-0400-1.png   -screenshot-2008-07-27-02-08-39-0400-1.png  
    Last edited by FireFish; 07-27-2008 at 01:27 AM.

Thanks

Thanks guys IM SO ANGRY!!! lol I wanted to be in the beta program, gow did u guys get in

Green Apple
    Thanks

When are the Standard Dev's gonna' get this?? I just got accepted into the Dev Program about a week ago. How come I don't have this in the Dev Center....and when are we getting this??

I paid $99 and can't get access to this beta...that makes me so mad!
    If someone helped you, hit their THANKS button.

Thanks

yes same here

FireFish:

I don't know; I never tried 'updating' to the beta fw; I always RESTORE as a new phone, never restore settings + never did it on a 3G phone. I aint messing with my 3G yet.

P.S. = If your update to the BETA software went so smoothly when installing with iTunes & not XCode, which is instructed in the Beta Site by Apple as they need baseband updates on the phone, then why is it in AIRPLANE MODE?

You can already get how fast your going on the app store g-spot and the current location is better to because it grabs your location and tells google amps where it is and it says which way your going for a 1$ on the appstore G-Spot is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by ceramicwhite View Post
    You can already get how fast your going on the app store g-spot
    he he, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ceramicwhite View Post
    You can already get how fast your going on the app store g-spot *snip*
    I had a quick look but I couldn't find it. Mind you, I didn't spend much time looking...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FireFish View Post
    P.S. = If your update to the BETA software went so smoothly when installing with iTunes & not XCode, which is instructed in the Beta Site by Apple as they need baseband updates on the phone, then why is it in AIRPLANE MODE?
    Yes I am registered dev. Been in the Beta program since the beginning.

Do you always follow as instructed by Apple??
    On my upgrade the baseband did update. It's on airplane mode because I'm travelling outside the US and I get calls all the time and roaming charges are harsh. I prefer to use my unlocked 2G when traveling.
    See attached images if you don't believe.

I always use iTunes to upgrade when I purposely want to avoid restoring...
    I restore settings only when I choose to. With this upgrade I had no need to restore the settings.

With regards to the downgrade, another user on a different forum confirmed the restore and that the baseband remained 02.04.03. I have no need to do so for the moment. I was just giving you a suggestion that you may appreciate with little to no risk.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_001.png   -img_0001.png  

i have an inlocked iphone 1.1.2 on 4.02.13_G.
    I can't access itunes. And now it won't sync with itunes.
    I would love to update to 1.1.4. Too scared for 2.0.
    Please can someone help me. It was given to me as a gift
    already unlocked. so i can follow instructions but I have never done
    it on my own before. I am desperate.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by llorenz View Post
    i have an inlocked iphone 1.1.2 on 4.02.13_G.
    I can't access itunes. And now it won't sync with itunes.
    I would love to update to 1.1.4. Too scared for 2.0.
    Please can someone help me. It was given to me as a gift
    already unlocked. so i can follow instructions but I have never done
    it on my own before. I am desperate.
    Wrong place to post this. I'd recommend you post it under:
    Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading - iPhone Forums at ModMyI.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes.

Also do some research prior to posting.
    There are dozens of guides already made that can get you out of your jam and recommend what version of iTunes you need so your device is recognized. To quickly get you started, I'd recommend you put your device in DFU mode and restore to 1.1.4. Then follow the guides on jailbraking/unlocking/activating.

So has anyone noticed any bug fixes in this release ? im more concerned about them than new features at the moment. Mainly 3G reception improvement and the sluggishness of typing / scrolling

Cool Hmm
    Not alot of news lately... im hoping somthing big is gunna happen cuz im going through MMI withdrawl on the news here lol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast