+ Reply
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 7.6 + iPhone update 1.1.3 Out!!!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
!! Sorry guys. The site keeps locking up on me. I apologize for the duplicate posts. I am not doing it on purpose. I feel like a total we-tod.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

!!
    Sorry guys. The site keeps locking up on me. I apologize for the duplicate posts. I am not doing it on purpose. I feel like a total we-tod.
    Last edited by pcguysam; 01-16-2008 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Once Again - Dupe post

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmaldonado View Post
    If I update itunes, will it affect my jailbroken iphone?????
    no

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok i tried the ipodtouchmaster's restore and it didn't work said can not restore iphone so i was wondering wat does a bricked iphone look like because i think i basically have a 1.1.3 phone now just need to activate so i was thinking about switching over to at&t and get there plan i would be paying the same monthly payments and wont have to deal with waiting for unlock methods anybody think this is the only option i have
    Last edited by odavid350; 01-16-2008 at 03:28 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sogo View Post
    stuped
    QFT

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sogo View Post
    stuped
    QFT

iPhone? More like MyPhone alpawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iTunes 7.6
    Ive updated to 7.6 and the only thing is the latest version of iNdependence does not work. For now I'm allright, 'cause I don't need to use it. Fugu works just fine and iToner as well.
    If u need to use iNdependence, DON'T UPDATE! If not, my opinion is go right ahead...
    About 1.1.3 DON'T EVE THINK ABOUT IT JUST JET!

iPhone? More like MyPhone gavko's Avatar
    Thanks

hi guys.there is one thing i still keep in mind one question...everybody is asking about how update to 1.1.3 will act with their unlock/jailbroken/activated iphones.noone ever asked about hactivated jailbroken otb 1.1.2...so can anyone tell me if i'll get "connect to activate" screen?i know i'll loose jailbreak but will my hactivation last?and why everybody ask about activated and not hacktivated?and can anyone confirm the 1.1.3 downgrade to 1.0.2 then get back to 1.1.2 w/ jailbreak?

Thanks

Thanks
    Last edited by gavko; 01-16-2008 at 07:23 PM. Reason: sorry it got stuck and i sent it twice by mistake.

Thanks

^^^As of right now, updating to 1.1.3 will relock your phone and there is NO WAY to downgrade at this time without losing the ability to make calls/sms. Do not upgrade unless you are an AT&T customer and are willing to lose your apps.
    Apples taste good.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kruejl For This Useful Post:

gavko (01-16-2008)

Thanks

thanks.yeah thats what i meant.i am att user(which provide another question... am i categorized as att custumer ur talking about if i just have att or u mean att customer as a customer who signed 2year contract and did regular activation of iphone? ) and i have hactivated jailbroken otb 1.1.2 and deffo wont trade 1.1.3 for jailbroken 1.1.2 i just was curious to try it how the new positioning works so i can compare with accuracy of navizon.someone wrote that u should be able to downgade it again and get it back to jailbroken 1.1.2 as long as i dont have unlocked phone which i dont.well i mean thats what i understand so far.i've never seen anyone talk about their hactivated phones and i find it very unbelievable that most of ppl here have signed 2 yr contract so what is it? coz its quiet a difference between activation and hactivation.

lmao and i dont mean only "H" LOL

Thanks

lmao and i dont mean only "H" LOL

Thanks

I activated the "legitimate" way so I can't say, but I wouldn't be surprised if you lost it.

And there is NO downgrade that works at this time. Supposedly there is a hardware unlock/downgrade floating around but nothing for us regular users to try. I spent all afternoon attempting to get a working downgrade but there is no way for the phone to make calls/sms once downgraded, no matter what way you activated. There is another thread here at MMi that talks about getting 1.1.2 to work after a downgrade from 1.1.3, but again the "phone" part does not work at all so you end up with a glorified iPod Touch.
    Last edited by Kruejl; 01-16-2008 at 08:31 PM.
    Apples taste good.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alpawa View Post
    Ive updated to 7.6 and the only thing is the latest version of iNdependence does not work. For now I'm allright, 'cause I don't need to use it. Fugu works just fine and iToner as well.
    If u need to use iNdependence, DON'T UPDATE! If not, my opinion is go right ahead...
    About 1.1.3 DON'T EVE THINK ABOUT IT JUST JET!
    That's weird cause I updated to iTunes 7.6 and my version of iNdependence still works just fine. I'm using iNdependence v1.3b2.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

Thanks

lol.so deffo no upgrade for now.gonna have to hold tight gonna ask some stupid friends who knows s#!% about iphones to let me try their "super new features" granted from apple lmao.best luck to all developers and keep up the great job.big thanks to all.cheers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the same questions are being answered in here again and again!! stop asking stupid questions!! A jailbreak method will be out soon so shut up until then! It's really annoying going through these posts and seeing the same thing posted over again when it has already been answered!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ryan christopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macky801 View Post
    These people have a sim unlock for 1.1.3 so why does the main post say that it cannot be unlocked?

http://www.iphonenow.ca/
    it doesnt say anything about an unlock on that site???
    The Future of Mobile

http://www.mobitureblog.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kadeboer View Post
    the same questions are being answered in here again and again!! stop asking stupid questions!! A jailbreak method will be out soon so shut up until then! It's really annoying going through these posts and seeing the same thing posted over again when it has already been answered!
    calm down pal.if u would read what we wrote about u would know that i brought question what noone asked be4. i read all the posts so u cant teach someone else what to write about.unfortunately not many ppl read right so back up hero

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryan christopher View Post
    it doesnt say anything about an unlock on that site???
    Excerpt from the main page of their site...

Update related to Apple Software Update 1.1.3 - Thank you all for your patience with regard to the shipping of your orders. Please be aware that all orders placed up to January 1st, 2008 have now been released. Our addition of a second warehouse in Delta, BC will allow us to give these orders to Purolator faster. These orders will arrive with the latest software 1.1.3 and will work fine. For the 7,100 customers prior to this time, you may safely upgrade to 1.1.3 without a problem. We thank you all for your patience while we verified the new software. Once our black log is cleared, we'll result normal shipping time frames with Fed Ex and Canada Post. The average delivery time after January 22nd, 2008 should be 5 business days. There may be some delay in responding to chats and email as we're being innondated with tech support requested related to upgrades. We communicate again that it is safe to apply the new upgrade. We thank you all for your patience.

They must have found a way to reprogram whatever SIM emulator they use to "unlock" their iPhones.
    Last edited by echo; 01-16-2008 at 10:43 PM.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ryan christopher's Avatar
    Thanks

okay i see what youre saying
    The Future of Mobile

http://www.mobitureblog.com

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i upgraded to itunes 7.6 and and stayed with jailbroken 1.1.2 ( did not upgrade to 1.1.3) now my iphonebrowser does not work. I tried uninstalling iphonebrowser and reinstalling it and uninstalling the new itunes and reinstalling the 7.5 and iphonebrowser still will not work. I tried restoring the computer to an earlier date and still no results. Thats weird. You would think if you uninstall the 7.6 itunes and reinstall the 7.5, the iphonebrowser should work, right? Am I missing something, what went wrong, does anyone know?