Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 7.6 + iPhone update 1.1.3 Out!!!

i have a 1.1.2 att jailbroken fone and if i update to 1.1.3 will it brick my phone or will it still work with my apps

Quote Originally Posted by colbyb25 View Post
    Was your iphone Jail broken? Loose Installer? Any Issues with updating from a jailbroken iphone?
    yeaa for real what happened when u updated with a ajailbroken 1.1.2
    Last edited by aaauustiinnn; 01-15-2008 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Smile Don't go toofast !!!
    Wait 'till apple's itunes update does it's job and gets to the right date and time and gets your phone i a irobot mode or the 1.1.3 phone update trojan does it's job for jailbroken phones.

Want my advise ???
    Wait before the Dev team here gets everything together before updating anything !

Good luck to the updated ones ...

Default TurboSIM and 1.1.3
    Has anyone with a TurboSIM'd fully-working iPhone upgraded to 1.1.3 yet? If so, did you brick it?
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well here we go again, a new update and the SAME OLD QUESTIONS! UNLOCK this, JAILBREAK that, what about my APPS, blah! blah! blah! If any of you people would take the time to do one simple thing it would make this world of endless threads and questions a little bit easier. It's that thing that hopefully you learned to do when you were 3 years old....READ! Yes, READ, and if you do you will notice that your question has already been asked in several different ways by several different people. So before you post a question about how this update will affect your precious little iphone, JUST READ. Then....BE PATIENT. Yes, BE PATIENT sooner or later someone will have an answer to your question then hopefully this thread will be filled with as many answers than there are questions. Otherwise, we will have 50+ pages of basically 3 questions phrased 100 different ways and then it will be close to impossible to find the one or two answers that you seek. So to sum it up.....READ...BE PATIENT....the answers will come!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dr33Rocks For This Useful Post:

Alpha Zero (01-15-2008)

Thumbs down oob 1.1.2 unlock?
    Well but what's about the 1.1.2 native unlock?they said when 1.1.3 go out the unlock of 1.1.2 oob will appears.so?

MANUALLY MANAGE MUSIC!?!!?!? THEY BROUGHT BACK DRAG AND DROP!!!!!!!!! This makes the iPhone worth using as an iPod now. Thanks apple!

ps http://modmyi.com/forums/showpost.ph...&postcount=175

Ive seen too many posts asking these questions. Lets clear it up for good so we don't fill fifty pages asking the same questions over and over.
    • iTunes version 7.6 doesn't ruin anything for jailbroken 1.1.2. Free ringtone workaround sill works. Syncing still works on jailbroken and modded 1.1.2 iPhones.
    • Free ringtone workaround DOES work on 1.1.3
    • There is currently no jailbreak solution for 1.1.3. Erica Sadun has tried oktoprep and a symlink, but neither look too hopeful in their current form.
    • I was able to do a simple upgrade to go from jailbroken 1.1.2 to jailed 1.1.3, a restore doesn't seem necessary to get the upgrade.
    • Jobs was wearing a brown, not black, turtleneck for the keynote and did not come back with a 'one more thing...'. He has obviously been replaced by a robot.

Best of luck devs.

Ok here go's i have a jailbroken but not unlocked to any sim i am on contract which I have upgraded itunes to 7.6 everything went ok with that......... but when i installed firmware 1.1.3 it installed alright but all apps i did have are a gonner!.. and itunes wont restore to 1.1.2 either hope ive answered a few peoples questions! i guess i should of waited huh

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassvictim's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Shoulda Waited!
    uh...yeah,shoulda waited till the MMi crew figures out a way to jailbreak this one - sorry to hear you lost all yer apps - i hate when that happens!

if anyone is interested, you can still use iToner to put custom ringtones of any length on your 1.1.3 iPhone.
    just need to have the file in .m4a format and then rename it to .m4r (using the Get Info screen) - then drag to iToner and sync with the phone.
    (this is the same as using iTunes, isn't it? but iTunes limits the length of the track i think??)

Tommy202 is that true because what i am getting from the other 5 pages of people asking about this the response seems to be that everything will work fine, but you're saying it doesnt so if that is a joke please fess up before ruining this for everyone else who is risking the update.
    It's only impossible if you quit.

jailbreaking is amazing but i need a sim unlock for 1.1.3

im on tmobile..

come on devs!!

No need to rush to update your phone.

Just wait for the right people to give green light and that's it!

You have lived without those enhancements....so I thin you still can survive without upgrading to 1.1.3 right?

Default sim unlock
    jailbreaking is amazing but i need a sim unlock for 1.1.3

im on tmobile..

come on devs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Micara57 View Post
    what i am getting from the other 5 pages of people asking about this the response seems to be that everything will work fine.
    I'm curious...where are these 5 pages? Link please?
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

Quote Originally Posted by Micara57 View Post
    Tommy202 is that true because what i am getting from the other 5 pages of people asking about this the response seems to be that everything will work fine, but you're saying it doesnt so if that is a joke please fess up before ruining this for everyone else who is risking the update.
    everything does work fine! as a normal iphone.. it just came out how can it be jailbroken already? you have to use ur common sense sometimes man..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Don't know how it is with you but for me it takes half a minute to bring up a page due to the enormous traffic on this site, so i'd also appreciate (like MOSHO92 and many others already mentioned) if people stop asking the same questions over and over.

I see why the 1.1.2 ootb guys (and girls if any?!) are excited about the update but why would you want to update now? There aren't any new features that you don't already have... i think

As far as I understand 1.1.3 introduces a bootloader/baseband update which we all hoped it would but also the files are encrypted with a 1024bit key.
    that makes the process of retrieving the secpack a little harder i think.

and you can read:
    Updating to 1.1.3 will kill your iphone, if you are not an at&t customer. downgrading then is impossible yet

Does anyone know what kind of encryption is used?
    Last edited by meisterlumpi; 01-15-2008 at 07:02 PM.

actually nate and the gang have had the official one for 2 weeks now. The leaked one was the same as the official one

iPhone? More like MyPhone cybergeek2021's Avatar
    Thanks

hurry up jailbreak... i was stuped enough to upgrade... DOH!!!!!
    Like what you see... Click on the "Thanks" Button!

updating now, wish me luck.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast