+ Reply
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast
Results 941 to 960 of 1000

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: WinPwn 2.0 Released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Muggz5 That was my next suggestion atta boy! Im also assuming you have relocated your fonts? That will help your phone considerably. Aye. I relocated the lot.
...
  1. #941
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Teh H4RrY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    That was my next suggestion atta boy! Im also assuming you have relocated your fonts? That will help your phone considerably.
    Aye. I relocated the lot. loads of OS space

    Everytime you block a Developer's Ads...God kills a kitten...Change the "Hosts" file...Think of the kittens!

  2. #942
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    400
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts

    Hey guys having troubles with the new winpwn I just posted a very simple tutorial for previously jailbroken 1.1.3 and up. look ---> Here post #439...

  3. #943
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    aha i made it. i jail-broke my iphone 3g to 2.0.1 and everything seems to be working well. thank you everyone.

  4. #944
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    400
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by justgiveittome View Post
    WinPwn and upgrade to 2.0.1 and everything works

    HELL YEH !

    from 1.1.3 to 2.0.1 is a GO!

    If it's any help using the winpwn guide
    (1) iTunes not open ... disable that itunes helper using ctrl + alt +del

    (2) right click the winpwn shortcut on your desktop select properties and go to the compatability tab and check the work wint windows xp2

    (3) right click on the winpwn shortcut again and run as administrator

    (4) follow the winpwn guide to the letter

    and voila!!!!

    Now i need to find appz anyone help pls. Wud really need the VOICE NOTEs recorder and that camera app where u can magnify before teking a pic

    Is there something like iPhone Browser so i can put some ringtones onto my phone?

    Thanks to all and i hope it's easier next time instead of reading 60+ pages
    You could use the "iphone ringtonemaker" program and create your own. and put your ringtones into itunes and then sync.

    Quote Originally Posted by msb2008 View Post
    aha i made it. i jail-broke my iphone 3g to 2.0.1 and everything seems to be working well. thank you everyone.

    Way to go!!! I remember you having issues Im glad you were victorious!!
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-13-2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #945
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    will this work for the 2.01?

  6. #946
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


  7. #947
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    thanks. as long as there is MMI there is hope

    Quote Originally Posted by takumi1905 View Post
    will this work for the 2.01?
    what? you mean the new winpawn? yes it does it worked for me. but one peace of advice from me is that do clean instal of the winpawn and itunes then everything should workout well.
    Last edited by msb2008; 08-14-2008 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #948
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    OZ
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    OH CRAP !!!

    My phone apparently is connecting to the internet itself (thats according to my phone carrier who will not refund me) and now i don't have any credit. I had a look at the call times and its connecting all hours of the day ... doesn't make sense.

    I always turn my wifi off and bluetooth is always off so how is my iPhone connecting to the internet by itsel??? This is a 2g 16gb iphone or is it because i upgraded to 2.0.1 from winpwn from 1.1.3 and there's some bug in it??

    Can anyone help?? How do i stop my iphone connecting to the internet by itself and using all my credit?? I've looked at the settings and everything.
    Last edited by justgiveittome; 08-15-2008 at 02:29 AM.

  9. #949
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Teh H4RrY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by justgiveittome View Post
    OH CRAP !!!

    My phone apparently is connecting to the internet itself (thats according to my phone carrier who will not refund me) and now i don't have any credit. I had a look at the call times and its connecting all hours of the day ... doesn't make sense.

    I always turn my wifi off and bluetooth is always off so how is my iPhone connecting to the internet by itsel??? This is a 2g 16gb iphone or is it because i upgraded to 2.0.1 from winpwn from 1.1.3 and there's some bug in it??

    Can anyone help?? How do i stop my iphone connecting to the internet by itself and using all my credit?? I've looked at the settings and everything.
    Download boss tools and you can turn off the edge connection

    Everytime you block a Developer's Ads...God kills a kitten...Change the "Hosts" file...Think of the kittens!

  10. #950
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    400
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh H4RrY View Post
    Download boss tools and you can turn off the edge connection

    You mean BossPrefs.? Thought Id clear that up. Also unless you are using Open SSH to transfer files, Id disable that until you need to use it as well. I dont think ssh could cause this but, I know it can wreak havoc on your battery. Also do you have intelliscreen installed? It updates frequently, as well as your email.

  11. #951
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Teh H4RrY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    You mean BossPrefs.? Thought Id clear that up. Also unless you are using Open SSH to transfer files, Id disable that until you need to use it as well. I dont think ssh could cause this but, I know it can wreak havoc on your battery. Also do you have intelliscreen installed? It updates frequently, as well as your email.
    Oh yeah thats what i meant

    Everytime you block a Developer's Ads...God kills a kitten...Change the "Hosts" file...Think of the kittens!

  12. #952
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default unlock iphone
    hi all !
    -I had unlocked iphone(version 1.1.4).
    -I updated it with firmware 2.0 using itunes 7.7. but after that it became sim locked.
    -Could you please help me with the following? :
    1) either restore to original firmware 1.1.4. unlocked as it was before updating to 2.0.
    2) or unlock it with updated version 2.0

    I tried to follow WinPwn 2.0 guide but during IPSW build window is suddenly closed and process is terminated.

    Thanks in advance,


    regards,
    Chiman

  13. #953
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by justgiveittome View Post
    OH CRAP !!!

    My phone apparently is connecting to the internet itself (thats according to my phone carrier who will not refund me) and now i don't have any credit. I had a look at the call times and its connecting all hours of the day ... doesn't make sense.

    I always turn my wifi off and bluetooth is always off so how is my iPhone connecting to the internet by itsel??? This is a 2g 16gb iphone or is it because i upgraded to 2.0.1 from winpwn from 1.1.3 and there's some bug in it??

    Can anyone help?? How do i stop my iphone connecting to the internet by itself and using all my credit?? I've looked at the settings and everything.
    yeah it happened to me too but glad i noticed it quickly. the reason is the new firmware. for some reason it can activate your edge network. the easy way is to turn it off using bossprefis or just call you network provider and to turn your network off for you.

  14. #954
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Just great , took me about 20min to get the upgrade started and another 20 for the iphone to finish upgrading
    Fu**ing awesome job
    Chears

    Quote Originally Posted by djengej View Post
    hi all !
    -I had unlocked iphone(version 1.1.4).
    -I updated it with firmware 2.0 using itunes 7.7. but after that it became sim locked.
    -Could you please help me with the following? :
    1) either restore to original firmware 1.1.4. unlocked as it was before updating to 2.0.
    2) or unlock it with updated version 2.0

    I tried to follow WinPwn 2.0 guide but during IPSW build window is suddenly closed and process is terminated.


    Thanks in advance,


    regards,
    Chiman
    Hi
    I had the same problem
    Just set the partition sizer to 700mb or more
    700mb's for me did the trick :P
    Last edited by LorisMarcos; 08-16-2008 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  15. #955
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I had the same problem when I upgraded to 2.0..I couldn't get winpwn to work. Below is the guide I used to go back down to 1.1.4 firmware...i'm going to warn you though its not fun!! lol lol good luck!!


    2.0 to 1.1.4 Downgrade - iPhone News & Review

  16. #956
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fremont Ca
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Now that winpwn 2.0.0.4 is out. has Anyone tried it and how successful and reliable is it? Please let me know of things and files you used to jailbreak, activate, unlock your 2g iphone.
    Thanks a lot guys

  17. #957
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    sup guys...

    i need help with my Iphone 3G.. i've been trying to jailbreak it... using winpwn 2.0.0.4 now i went through those steps fine, except the part where my Itunes have to detect the DFU mode. I tried that, and there was a pop up that says its in DFU mode, but itunes did not pick it up, because appearently i don't have that driver installed, so i tried "automatically" install it, and the computer could not find the driver.. i'm not sure where to find it... when i try to restore it on itunes "recovery mode".. i keep getting error 6...

    i'm pretty sure its because of the driver, i just need help how to install that one on the computer..

  18. #958
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Im not very savy in all of this, I just unlocekd with the firmware 1.1.4 where do i start with or what are the setp to go through in order to upgrade to the 2.0 firmware?

  19. #959
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    400
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts

    Page 1

  20. #960
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Im not very savy in all of this, I just unlocekd with the firmware 1.1.4 where do i start with or what are the setp to go through in order to upgrade to the 2.0 firmware?

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts