+ Reply
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn 2.0 Released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Muggz5 That was my next suggestion atta boy! Im also assuming you have relocated your fonts? That will help your phone considerably. Aye. I relocated the lot.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Teh H4RrY's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    That was my next suggestion atta boy! Im also assuming you have relocated your fonts? That will help your phone considerably.
    Aye. I relocated the lot. loads of OS space

Everytime you block a Developer's Ads...God kills a kitten...Change the "Hosts" file...Think of the kittens!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hey guys having troubles with the new winpwn I just posted a very simple tutorial for previously jailbroken 1.1.3 and up. look ---> Here post #439...

Green Apple
    Thanks

aha i made it. i jail-broke my iphone 3g to 2.0.1 and everything seems to be working well. thank you everyone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justgiveittome View Post
    WinPwn and upgrade to 2.0.1 and everything works

HELL YEH !

from 1.1.3 to 2.0.1 is a GO!

If it's any help using the winpwn guide
    (1) iTunes not open ... disable that itunes helper using ctrl + alt +del

(2) right click the winpwn shortcut on your desktop select properties and go to the compatability tab and check the work wint windows xp2

(3) right click on the winpwn shortcut again and run as administrator

(4) follow the winpwn guide to the letter

and voila!!!!

Now i need to find appz anyone help pls. Wud really need the VOICE NOTEs recorder and that camera app where u can magnify before teking a pic

Is there something like iPhone Browser so i can put some ringtones onto my phone?

Thanks to all and i hope it's easier next time instead of reading 60+ pages
    You could use the "iphone ringtonemaker" program and create your own. and put your ringtones into itunes and then sync.

Quote Originally Posted by msb2008 View Post
    aha i made it. i jail-broke my iphone 3g to 2.0.1 and everything seems to be working well. thank you everyone.

Way to go!!! I remember you having issues Im glad you were victorious!!
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-13-2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

will this work for the 2.01?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

thanks. as long as there is MMI there is hope

Quote Originally Posted by takumi1905 View Post
    will this work for the 2.01?
    what? you mean the new winpawn? yes it does it worked for me. but one peace of advice from me is that do clean instal of the winpawn and itunes then everything should workout well.
    Last edited by msb2008; 08-14-2008 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

OH CRAP !!!

My phone apparently is connecting to the internet itself (thats according to my phone carrier who will not refund me) and now i don't have any credit. I had a look at the call times and its connecting all hours of the day ... doesn't make sense.

I always turn my wifi off and bluetooth is always off so how is my iPhone connecting to the internet by itsel??? This is a 2g 16gb iphone or is it because i upgraded to 2.0.1 from winpwn from 1.1.3 and there's some bug in it??

Can anyone help?? How do i stop my iphone connecting to the internet by itself and using all my credit?? I've looked at the settings and everything.
    Last edited by justgiveittome; 08-15-2008 at 02:29 AM.

Thanks

OH CRAP !!!

My phone apparently is connecting to the internet itself (thats according to my phone carrier who will not refund me) and now i don't have any credit. I had a look at the call times and its connecting all hours of the day ... doesn't make sense.

I always turn my wifi off and bluetooth is always off so how is my iPhone connecting to the internet by itsel??? This is a 2g 16gb iphone or is it because i upgraded to 2.0.1 from winpwn from 1.1.3 and there's some bug in it??

Can anyone help?? How do i stop my iphone connecting to the internet by itself and using all my credit?? I've looked at the settings and everything.
    Download boss tools and you can turn off the edge connection

Everytime you block a Developer's Ads...God kills a kitten...Change the "Hosts" file...Think of the kittens!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Teh H4RrY View Post
    Download boss tools and you can turn off the edge connection

You mean BossPrefs.? Thought Id clear that up. Also unless you are using Open SSH to transfer files, Id disable that until you need to use it as well. I dont think ssh could cause this but, I know it can wreak havoc on your battery. Also do you have intelliscreen installed? It updates frequently, as well as your email.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    You mean BossPrefs.? Thought Id clear that up. Also unless you are using Open SSH to transfer files, Id disable that until you need to use it as well. I dont think ssh could cause this but, I know it can wreak havoc on your battery. Also do you have intelliscreen installed? It updates frequently, as well as your email.
    Oh yeah thats what i meant

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default unlock iphone
    hi all !
    -I had unlocked iphone(version 1.1.4).
    -I updated it with firmware 2.0 using itunes 7.7. but after that it became sim locked.
    -Could you please help me with the following? :
    1) either restore to original firmware 1.1.4. unlocked as it was before updating to 2.0.
    2) or unlock it with updated version 2.0

I tried to follow WinPwn 2.0 guide but during IPSW build window is suddenly closed and process is terminated.

Thanks in advance,

regards,
    Chiman

Green Apple
    Thanks

OH CRAP !!!

yeah it happened to me too but glad i noticed it quickly. the reason is the new firmware. for some reason it can activate your edge network. the easy way is to turn it off using bossprefis or just call you network provider and to turn your network off for you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just great , took me about 20min to get the upgrade started and another 20 for the iphone to finish upgrading
    Fu**ing awesome job
    Chears

Quote Originally Posted by djengej View Post
    hi all !
    -I had unlocked iphone(version 1.1.4).
    -I updated it with firmware 2.0 using itunes 7.7. but after that it became sim locked.
    -Could you please help me with the following? :
    1) either restore to original firmware 1.1.4. unlocked as it was before updating to 2.0.
    2) or unlock it with updated version 2.0

I tried to follow WinPwn 2.0 guide but during IPSW build window is suddenly closed and process is terminated.

Thanks in advance,

regards,
    Chiman
    Hi
    I had the same problem
    Just set the partition sizer to 700mb or more
    700mb's for me did the trick :P
    Last edited by LorisMarcos; 08-16-2008 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I had the same problem when I upgraded to 2.0..I couldn't get winpwn to work. Below is the guide I used to go back down to 1.1.4 firmware...i'm going to warn you though its not fun!! lol lol good luck!!

2.0 to 1.1.4 Downgrade - iPhone News & Review

Green Apple
    Thanks

Now that winpwn 2.0.0.4 is out. has Anyone tried it and how successful and reliable is it? Please let me know of things and files you used to jailbreak, activate, unlock your 2g iphone.
    Thanks a lot guys

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sup guys...

i need help with my Iphone 3G.. i've been trying to jailbreak it... using winpwn 2.0.0.4 now i went through those steps fine, except the part where my Itunes have to detect the DFU mode. I tried that, and there was a pop up that says its in DFU mode, but itunes did not pick it up, because appearently i don't have that driver installed, so i tried "automatically" install it, and the computer could not find the driver.. i'm not sure where to find it... when i try to restore it on itunes "recovery mode".. i keep getting error 6...

i'm pretty sure its because of the driver, i just need help how to install that one on the computer..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im not very savy in all of this, I just unlocekd with the firmware 1.1.4 where do i start with or what are the setp to go through in order to upgrade to the 2.0 firmware?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Page 1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im not very savy in all of this, I just unlocekd with the firmware 1.1.4 where do i start with or what are the setp to go through in order to upgrade to the 2.0 firmware?