Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn 2.0 Released

what will happen if i can restore 1st gen with 3G firmware?

what options do we check in advanced? im on a iphone on 1.1.4 that i unlocked with ziphone before but want to make the move to 2.0 now. Thanks in advance.

awesome job you guyz thx now I can finally update lol google app here I come

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,226 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    "- 3) Once you have pwned Itunes, put your phone into DFU mode. If you don't know how to do this click
    Here. "

but there is no link in the "click here"
    Fixed.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

what does "No Wipe" do?

if you dont remove winpwn 1.0 before installing 2.0 you need to
    1. uninstall winpwn 2.0
    2. delete folder CDocuments and Settings"User Name"\Application Data\cmw\winpwn
    (note you have to unhide hidden folders)
    3. reinstall winpwn 2.0

edit: to the post above me wipe clears all data from your iphone remember the whole people selling iphones and getting there info rip'd from it even though they restored it!
    Last edited by robbpell; 07-24-2008 at 12:05 AM.

Aw I want a selectable boot image too! We Mac users NEVER get the good stuff

Nah, seriously I'm glad the Win users got their version quickly. DEV team rocks!

How do you guys get it to work? Because my "unlock baseband" and everything EXCEPT for Wipe & Activate is grey and can't select it... Any ideas?

Great job guys!

Just one question, I curently have firmware 1.1.2, do I have to first upload 1.1.4?

Or can I go straight to the 2.0 firmware?

Thanks in advance!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by piroman View Post
    Great job guys!

Just one question, I curently have firmware 1.1.2, do I have to first upload 1.1.4?

Or can I go straight to the 2.0 firmware?

Thanks in advance!
    I have the same question regarding 1.1.3 firmware. I jailbroke my phone 1.1.2 => 1.1.3 using the Installer.app method.

Am I going to need to update to 1.1.4 or can I proceed from 1.1.3, because so far I'm having no luck.

hey guys, i did the previous windows method, and everything works great. does anyone see any reason why i should restore and do it with winpwn???

Quote Originally Posted by silentshadow2049 View Post
    I have the same question regarding 1.1.3 firmware. I jailbroke my phone 1.1.2 => 1.1.3 using the Installer.app method.

Am I going to need to update to 1.1.4 or can I proceed from 1.1.3, because so far I'm having no luck.
    yeah im on the same boat but im on 1.1.1 i wonder too if i need to go to 1.1.4

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dust Busta's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cranie View Post
    Aw I want a selectable boot image too! We Mac users NEVER get the good stuff

Nah, seriously I'm glad the Win users got their version quickly. DEV team rocks!
    Uhh Ya you can

When we make custom iPSW, do we check the "neuter bootloader 3.9/4.6"??

Or can we leave that unchecked, and even without it, it'll unlock the phone?

Mine says:

7/23/2008 11:14:49 PM - This is winpwn ver.:2.0.0.1 RC1
    7/23/2008 11:14:49 PM - Apple Mobile Device Support Version 2.0.0.33 installed.
    7/23/2008 11:14:49 PM - Failed to load image catalog
    7/23/2008 11:14:49 PM - Failed to load payload catalog

?? I haven't loaded a IPSW yet.

Is installer supported for the iPhone 3g or just Cydia?

Yeah, first you browse for the iPSW that you should've downloaded. After that loads, you click "iPSW builder".

But I'm confused in iPSW builder, what exactly do we check if we want the phone unlocked (do we check the "enable baseband update" or the "neuter bootloader3.9/4.6"?

If we DO install neuter bootloader, it asks for the 3.9/4.6 bootloader files, which I have no idea where to get from...

Anyone please help?

Quote Originally Posted by JK1234 View Post
    Is installer supported for the iPhone 3g or just Cydia?
    Seriously. I want installer . . .unless I can install installer from Cydia . . . I just blew my mind!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Finally, I can jailbreak the iPod and iPhones!
    Thanks cmw, I guess this doesn't unlock 3G right?

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

They should put some real instructions on their website before releasing something.

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast