Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn 2.0 Released

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GenghisPhlip View Post
    These instructions have been followed by many who have successfully jailbroken their device. I have updated them to make them easier to follow, and clear up some of the errors that have been reported (most of the errors are caused by not following the directions exactly).
    I followed this procedure by the letter and I got a 1600 and 1601 error during phone restore with custon ipsw. Nice try keep up the good work! I cant wait till the bugs are fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Great guide except for the fact that pwning and restoring to a firmware that doesn't have Cydia is not favorable. Best thing to do is wait until it's fixed so you can have a "complete" jailbreak.
    Exactly! No sense in jailbreaking without any cydia or installer app. I personally would rather have installer App but I guess Cydia will do for now.
    Last edited by JD914; 07-24-2008 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    OG iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and hopefully iPhone 2012 =)

OK, so Im pwnd using winpwn, but without Cydia. (I know, I know "what's the point?") But I have the custom 2.0 file from pwnage too. Now that Im pwnd can I just restore to the 2.0 created on the mac to get Cydia? Should it be in DFU instead?

These files are also named differently:
    winpwn file: Custom_ipod 1,1_2.0......Restore
    pwnage file: ipod 1,1_2.0.....Custom_Restore

Any thoughts 'bout this? Just wait until the fix is released?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cockyjeremy View Post
    Are you on a 1st gen or iPhone 3g? If you're on a 1st gen, you need other custom firmware.. not the two file names i just gave.
    Sorry i didnt say. im first gen 1.1.2 otb, jb to 1.1.3, legit att so not unlocked. i did do custom fw (iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore, which is correct). had trouble initially but went ok once i cleared custom logo box. made custom ipsw on so on. in DFU, one time got 1601 next time got 1602 error. funny thing is, i decided to back down after that. phone would NOT restore via itunes to plain old 2.0. it wouldnt turn on, reset or anything. thought I had a brick. But i held home, seems like 20-30 seconds and she powered right on like nothing happened and itunes was fine with it again. so still at 1.1.3

Unfortunately, it looks like we'll all be anxiously awaiting the WORKING version of WinPwn 2.0.

I was able to step through the process (could not check the Bootloader boxes in the Advanced tab) and created a custom IPSW, but the restore of the firmware failed with a (6) after the error message.

Waiting...

(8gb iPhone 3g)

Thanks

my iphone is stuck like this now!

that's not even the right connect to itunes pic!

Quote Originally Posted by xwinger View Post
    my iphone is stuck like this now!
    [img[http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/4751/dsc05971ow7.jpg[/img]
    that's not even the right connect to itunes pic!
    Either try rebooting your phone, or just open iTunes and restore the original firmware back to your iPhone.

That's what I had to do. The untouched firmware will restore just fine, and you just need to restore your backup from iTunes once your phone is back up.

And, that IS the correct DFU mode screen. It's just been updated with 2.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHA1C View Post
    Either try rebooting your phone, or just open iTunes and restore the original firmware back to your iPhone.

That's what I had to do. The untouched firmware will restore just fine, and you just need to restore your backup from iTunes once your phone is back up.

o sweet. the ispw builder is acatually working for me now so i should be pwned within a few minutes

iPhone? More like MyPhone oldskoolkid13's Avatar
    Thanks

YES!!!! after days upon hours of trying everything i could, i finally have a jailbroken 2.0 1st gen iphone! what i did was made a custom restore file on winpwn on vista, then pwned itunes w/ the file on my xp, n restored from my xp... YES!

If I helped you at all please hit the thanks button 4 me!

Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post

cmw has released winpwn 2.0 - you can now jailbreak your 2.0 iphone/ipod touch/iphone 3g in windows easily.

the winpwn site is up and down with the intense traffic, but here's the post, in case you can't get it to load...

here's a modmyi.com mirror for ya of the file (here's a non-member one), or you can grab it from rapidshare.

thanks to the dozens that sent this in.

also, cmw says there seems to be issue with cydia on some xp machines, and he will be releasing a fix tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by babyjtrunks View Post
    can u plz tell me how to do this...do i have to pwn my phone and how do i do it
    OMG I cant believe your asking this question, the guides that your quoting show you show to do it, YOU JUST HAVE TO READ!!!!!!! what do you want ppl to hold ur hand while you do it? jesus, why do ppl ask these questions
    Last edited by 1_iPhone_Lovin_Canadian; 07-24-2008 at 03:05 PM.

looks like I'll be waiting for a while to do this. Man I was so excited when I first saw this thread this morning.

Yeahhhh am pwnd atlast !!! Thanks to the devys.

My Boot screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -custom_recovery_screen_by_m0rphzil.png  

Thanks

will uninstalling itunes delete all my songs, their playcounts, and mt backed up iphone data?

Im afraid now to even do it if peoples are getting stuck

Thanks

how would I resolve the unknown error 1602....... it was in DFU mode and everything............ I was restoring to an ipod custom restore

please help

I still have not seen any information that pertains to those of us who have 3.9FB bootloader. Do I need to virginize my my phone back to the 4.6 that it came with before upgrading to 2.0, or can I just restore to version 2.0 and go through the WinPwn 2.0 process leaving 'Enable baseband updated' unchecked?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

can anyone else confirm this?
    i started out with a 3.9 bootloader phone, then winpwn 1.0 came out and i bootneutered up to 4.6 neutered and unlocked.
    now my locate me works great, and i have signal everywhere.

why does everyone keep going down to 3.9?

just go to 4.6 neutered and unlocked. thats the beauty of bootneuter.

I have problems - did everything - it all worked - went into DFU mode - ITunes picked up the IPhone upacked custom IPSW then gave and error message 1600 - read about the error and created the correct path using DOS prompt - tried again same error - so tried the other solution of not entering DFU mode and just shift-clicking and selecting custom IPSW and it seemed to be worked - but came up with 1604 error and now my IPhone is stuck in USB connect to ITunes mode - DOH.

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHA1C View Post

DFU mode has no screen. You're wrong on that aspect of your post.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

where do i download the bootloader 3.9 and 4.6 files?

Thanks
    good luck to all those making the effort on their windoze machines today!

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast