Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: WinPwn 2.0 Released
07-24-2008, 12:30 PM #221
07-24-2008, 12:33 PM #222
cockyjeremy, any clue as to what these files are?
I have the ipsw problem.. If I select Cydia as a package, the creation of the file aborts.. On XP and on Vista
With Cydia unselected, it'll make the package. But iTunes won't install the software when you try to restore it. It gets as "extracting the software", then seems to get into an endless loop preparing the iPhone for update.
I tried xpwn too, the package it creates is the same.
I'm going to try restoring to a CLEAN 1.1.4 later and see what happens..
07-24-2008, 12:35 PM #223
I am in the same boat as everyone - I followed every step and continue to get the same 1601 error message. I now have a locked iPhone with 2.0 firmware that I am unable to use.
07-24-2008, 12:41 PM #224
i just tried this and when i try to restore custom firmware i get this error message (6)
07-24-2008, 12:45 PM #225
07-24-2008, 12:46 PM #226
tried to create a ispw and didnt work, but im not stressed because im running fine on pwnage, nice work and look forward to the bugs getting fixed
07-24-2008, 12:46 PM #227
07-24-2008, 12:50 PM #228
I have a 3g iPhone that I'm looking to pwn using winpwn 2.0.
I the advanced tab what options should I check off?
07-24-2008, 12:51 PM #229
Instructions for Jailbreaking your iPhone 3G ONLY on Windows (tested on Vista, but should work the same on XP)
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP OF YOUR PHONE
1. You need to download two files:
x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw and iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore.ipsw. You can get both of them over in this torrent:
2. Make sure you have itunes 7.7 installed.
for vista: Click start then copy this into the search box and press enter after:
for XP: click start then run, then copy this into the run box:
3. Make a directory callled: Device Support
If it already exists, clear it.
4. copy x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw into the Device Support folder you just created.
5. ok, you need to get your device into DFU mode. watch this video to see how:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiTcKMZfyfk]YouTube - How to put your iPhone in DFU mode[/ame]
6. Once your phone is in DFU mode and detected by iTunes (should be black screen on phone NOT itunes logo with usb cable), click on iphone in itunes, then hold the SHIFT key and click on restore.
7. Browse to the folder where you downloaded iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore.ipsw and select it. itunes will then extract the file and you will see the ipod dev team's pinapple logo pop up after a few seonds, like this:
8. when restoring has completed, it will ask you to connect to itunes, then re-do the activation process (download carrier settings)
9. Restore your backup! this should automatically be made. it should pop up right after downloading carrier settings, but you may also do it by right clicking your iphone on the left, and selecting "restore iphone"
10. That's it, you're done!
Disclaimer: I am not responsible if any of this bricks your phone. i have tried it myself and with another OCAU member and it has been fine, but THIS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK
EDIT: ONE LAST THING.. DFU IS NOT WHERE IT SHOWS YOU TO CONNECT TO ITUNES... DFU IS A TOTALLY BLACK SCREEN!!!! ANYONE 1601 ERRORS.. YOU ARE IN RESTORE, NOT DFU!!!!
Hope this helps..
Last edited by cockyjeremy; 07-24-2008 at 12:54 PM.
07-24-2008, 12:52 PM #230
my ipsw builder always quits when it says extracting root filesystem.
07-24-2008, 12:53 PM #231
07-24-2008, 01:01 PM #232
07-24-2008, 01:03 PM #233
Downloaded, but everytime I try to open it I get an error and it cant open..any help?
07-24-2008, 01:03 PM #234
I have the first generation iPhone. I followed every single instruction given, including the DFU mode (yes, the screen on my iPhone is completely dark and the taskbar stated that my phone was in DFU mode). However, I am still getting the 1601 error - I tried to downgrade itunes to 7.5 and tried removing the SIM as some other people recommended. Still nothing.
I'll just wait until a more stable version of winpwn is released since I now have a locked iPhone with the 2.0 firmware.
07-24-2008, 01:07 PM #235
OG iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and hopefully iPhone 2012 =)
07-24-2008, 01:09 PM #236
07-24-2008, 01:10 PM #237
Last edited by GenghisPhlip; 07-24-2008 at 02:08 PM.
07-24-2008, 01:19 PM #238
07-24-2008, 01:22 PM #239
07-24-2008, 01:22 PM #240
Great guide except for the fact that pwning and restoring to a firmware that doesn't have Cydia is not favorable. Best thing to do is wait until it's fixed so you can have a "complete" jailbreak.
The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post: