Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn 2.0 Released

Quote Originally Posted by ipicazo View Post
    this happens EVERY SINGLE TIME i try.

any help?

(for better res, right click and select "view image")
    For some reason if you use and XP system WinPwn won't let u create the custom file. Sorry! We all have to wait for CMW to release a new vers.
    RaMod!
    If I helped you out, please press ... thanks!

=The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=

Green Apple
    Thanks

cockyjeremy, any clue as to what these files are?

:P

I have the ipsw problem.. If I select Cydia as a package, the creation of the file aborts.. On XP and on Vista

With Cydia unselected, it'll make the package. But iTunes won't install the software when you try to restore it. It gets as "extracting the software", then seems to get into an endless loop preparing the iPhone for update.

I tried xpwn too, the package it creates is the same.

I'm going to try restoring to a CLEAN 1.1.4 later and see what happens..

Quote Originally Posted by cockyjeremy View Post
    You need 7.7 and a 1601 code means you're in Restore, and not DFU.

BTW, anyone that can't get this to work.. all you need is two files and you can manually jailbreak it just as easy, if not easier than doing it with Winpwn.
    Could you please clarify the above statement regarding the two files? If there is a way for me to unlock the phone using another method other than winpwn, I am all ears.

I am in the same boat as everyone - I followed every step and continue to get the same 1601 error message. I now have a locked iPhone with 2.0 firmware that I am unable to use.

Thanks.

i just tried this and when i try to restore custom firmware i get this error message (6)

iPhone? More like MyPhone oldskoolkid13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kamil234 View Post
    i just tried this and when i try to restore custom firmware i get this error message (6)
    are you in dfu mode?

If I helped you at all please hit the thanks button 4 me!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

tried to create a ispw and didnt work, but im not stressed because im running fine on pwnage, nice work and look forward to the bugs getting fixed

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolkid13 View Post
    are you in dfu mode?
    yes

i'll restore back to regular 2.0 and try again,

I have a 3g iPhone that I'm looking to pwn using winpwn 2.0.

I the advanced tab what options should I check off?

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JOL View Post
    Could you please clarify the above statement regarding the two files? If there is a way for me to unlock the phone using another method other than winpwn, I am all ears.

I am in the same boat as everyone - I followed every step and continue to get the same 1601 error message. I now have a locked iPhone with 2.0 firmware that I am unable to use.

Thanks.
    If you have an iPhone 3g, you can jailbreak if you have these two files:
    iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore.ipsw
    x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw

Follow this:

================================================== ===
    Instructions for Jailbreaking your iPhone 3G ONLY on Windows (tested on Vista, but should work the same on XP)

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP OF YOUR PHONE

1. You need to download two files:
    x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw and iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore.ipsw. You can get both of them over in this torrent:

2. Make sure you have itunes 7.7 installed.

for vista: Click start then copy this into the search box and press enter after:
    for XP: click start then run, then copy this into the run box:

Code:

%appdata%\Apple Computer\iTunes

3. Make a directory callled: Device Support

If it already exists, clear it.

4. copy x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw into the Device Support folder you just created.

5. ok, you need to get your device into DFU mode. watch this video to see how:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiTcKMZfyfk]YouTube - How to put your iPhone in DFU mode[/ame]

6. Once your phone is in DFU mode and detected by iTunes (should be black screen on phone NOT itunes logo with usb cable), click on iphone in itunes, then hold the SHIFT key and click on restore.

7. Browse to the folder where you downloaded iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore.ipsw and select it. itunes will then extract the file and you will see the ipod dev team's pinapple logo pop up after a few seonds, like this:

http://imagestore.ugbox.net/image/DS...e6f46cfd81.jpg

8. when restoring has completed, it will ask you to connect to itunes, then re-do the activation process (download carrier settings)

9. Restore your backup! this should automatically be made. it should pop up right after downloading carrier settings, but you may also do it by right clicking your iphone on the left, and selecting "restore iphone"

10. That's it, you're done!
    Disclaimer: I am not responsible if any of this bricks your phone. i have tried it myself and with another OCAU member and it has been fine, but THIS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK

EDIT: ONE LAST THING.. DFU IS NOT WHERE IT SHOWS YOU TO CONNECT TO ITUNES... DFU IS A TOTALLY BLACK SCREEN!!!! ANYONE 1601 ERRORS.. YOU ARE IN RESTORE, NOT DFU!!!!

Hope this helps..
    Last edited by cockyjeremy; 07-24-2008 at 01:54 PM.

Hey,

my ipsw builder always quits when it says extracting root filesystem.

any help?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jsanchey View Post
    So is it necessary for me to check the downgrade to 3.9? When it installs my phone always sits on determining current settings or something. And im not sure if it takes a while, or if i'm just impatient...Thanks for any help!!
    Has anyone had problems similar to this? Just wondering? Because my phone is a locked 2.0...

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolkid13 View Post
    are you in dfu mode?
    now i get error (-48)

Downloaded, but everytime I try to open it I get an error and it cant open..any help?

Follow this:

Instructions for Jailbreaking your iPhone 3G ONLY on Windows (tested on Vista, but should work the same on XP)

x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw and iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore.ipsw. You can get both of them over in this torrent:

for vista: Click start then copy this into the search box and press enter after:

Code:

%appdata%Apple ComputeriTunes

4. copy x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw into the Device Support folder you just created.

YouTube - How to put your iPhone in DFU mode

6. Once your phone is in DFU mode and detected by iTunes (should be black screen on phone NOT itunes logo with usb cable), click on iphone in itunes, then hold the SHIFT key and click on restore.

7. Browse to the folder where you downloaded iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore.ipsw and select it. itunes will then extract the file and you will see the ipod dev team's pinapple logo pop up after a few seonds, like this:

8. when restoring has completed, it will ask you to connect to itunes, then re-do the activation process (download carrier settings)

9. Restore your backup! this should automatically be made. it should pop up right after downloading carrier settings, but you may also do it by right clicking your iphone on the left, and selecting "restore iphone"

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if any of this bricks your phone. i have tried it myself and with another OCAU member and it has been fine, but THIS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK

EDIT: ONE LAST THING.. DFU IS NOT WHERE IT SHOWS YOU TO CONNECT TO ITUNES... DFU IS A TOTALLY BLACK SCREEN!!!! ANYONE 1601 ERRORS.. YOU ARE IN RESTORE, NOT DFU!!!!

Hope this helps..
    Just to clarify, this method only works with the 3G iPhone as opposed to the first generation?

I have the first generation iPhone. I followed every single instruction given, including the DFU mode (yes, the screen on my iPhone is completely dark and the taskbar stated that my phone was in DFU mode). However, I am still getting the 1601 error - I tried to downgrade itunes to 7.5 and tried removing the SIM as some other people recommended. Still nothing.

I'll just wait until a more stable version of winpwn is released since I now have a locked iPhone with the 2.0 firmware.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clyrko View Post
    Hey,

my ipsw builder always quits when it says extracting root filesystem.

any help?

Thank you
    Same here! I been trying to get this working for about an hour and I quit. I been following numerous tutorials by the book and nothing. It crashes at the last part of ipsw builder. The program obviously has many bugs to be worked out. I'll wait till the next version comes out before I try to jailbreak my phone. Nice try guys! But no cigar!
    OG iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and hopefully iPhone 2012 =)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JOL View Post
    Just to clarify, this method only works with the 3G iPhone as opposed to the first generation?

I have the first generation iPhone. I followed every single instruction given, including the DFU mode (yes, the screen on my iPhone is completely dark and the taskbar stated that my phone was in DFU mode). However, I am still getting the 1601 error - I tried to downgrade itunes to 7.5 and tried removing the SIM as some other people recommended. Still nothing.

I'll just wait until a more stable version of winpwn is released since I now have a locked iPhone with the 2.0 firmware.
    It works with the original iPhone, but with two other custom firmware versions. I'd have to find them online to find the name of them. Apparently the original/3g use two different versions of 2.0, or something along those lines. 1601 error is for Restore mode.. so that's weird if you're 100% sure you are in DFU.

Nice work
    Last edited by GenghisPhlip; 07-24-2008 at 03:08 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Follow this:

Code:

%appdata%Apple ComputeriTunes

YouTube - How to put your iPhone in DFU mode

Hope this helps..
    Not really, on my Vista, a bubble pops up and states 'Iphone detected in DFU mode' etc. I get the black screen you speak of. Yet I still get 160x error.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dishsnthings View Post
    Not really, on my Vista, a bubble pops up and states 'Iphone detected in DFU mode' etc. I get the black screen you speak of. Yet I still get 160x error.
    Are you on a 1st gen or iPhone 3g? If you're on a 1st gen, you need other custom firmware.. not the two file names i just gave.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Great guide except for the fact that pwning and restoring to a firmware that doesn't have Cydia is not favorable. Best thing to do is wait until it's fixed so you can have a "complete" jailbreak.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

JD914 (07-24-2008)

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast