Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To: Tether the iPhone 3G

ATT will just destroy you, that's what happens. They aim their guidance missiles in your direction.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LaZARuZ View Post
    yes I fingured that after I posted it my bad. Ok so I did everything but I still no go. The wifi on my phone is post to change to 3g right when I browrs on safari. ? It doesn't change. I think 3proxy not working or something i'm doing wrong.
    First you have to create an ad-hoc wireless network on your PC by setting it up on your existing wireless network connection http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...tup/adhoc.mspx After you create the network you have to attach to it from your iPhone then run the 3proxy socks server. I'm a Mac user so I'm doing this from memory but I'm pretty sure this is the correct process because I've done it before with a Motorola A1000 running Symbian.
    Last edited by imode; 07-23-2008 at 08:25 PM.

if its not working restart your iphone. and also make sure before connecting to the net you type "socks" on your mobile terminal on iphone.

the step by step procedure is very easy to understand... pls read the first page!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Agreed... the mac guide is 100% accurate, if you were not successful then you didn't read it carefully.
    Last edited by imode; 07-23-2008 at 10:11 PM.

ok I think I got it. I'm trying to use my 2wire modem as a wireless adaptor it has wifi so I thought it would work. So I guess I need to buy an adaptor for my pc try again on Friday. Thanks for the help

hi there, i got 200mb on my o2, i tested and worked on old iphone!!!

you can use up to 5gb by at&t contact!!!
    Last edited by [email protected]; 07-24-2008 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Can anyone tell me how to prevent the wireless connection between the laptop and the iphone going down when the iphone goes to sleep?

or do u have to constantly play with the iphone every 2 mins? that's kinda annoying.

hmmm... not sure but mine keeps running even when the iPhone goes into sleep mode. but i still can't get it to work with either firefox or IE7...

does it have to be a certain version of firefox? I had to manually create the key "network.proxy.remote_dns" in firefox and set it to true.

I did get it to work with AIM though and works flawlessly with it. Can chat, send files, and open picture sessions. but i would like to get it to work with a browser too.

could it be the windows firewall or something? but i think if it were even AIM wouldn't work... and i know the 3proxy socks server is working cuz AIM is working but not any of my browsers.
    Last edited by 808mp5; 07-24-2008 at 05:49 PM.

Somebody respond after they get their first bill back.

I've tethered on my iPhone before.
    I didn't get any fines or extra charges.
    I did it for about 2 days not continusly total of prob 8 hours.
    Don't make it obvious.
    The quality is pretty ******.
    Like dial up lol.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    hi there, i got 200mb on my o2, i tested and worked on old iphone!!!

you can use up to 5gb by at&t contact!!!
    What are you talking about?
    No Tethering on AT&T iPhones and its unlimited?

Quote Originally Posted by 12jmartinez View Post
    ok this is really out of the subject, but i have a first gen iphone and i was wondering if i could by an iphone 3g and just find some way to activate it so i can use the same sims card??? i was also wondering if the 3g iphone would lock up or "brick" if i do that???
    I was thinking of doing the same thing.
    AT&T Right?
    Your phone won't brick no matter what sim your put in it.
    Now if its AT&T it will work automaticly.
    If it doesn't you will have to unlock which is coming soon.
    But since it's AT&T it should be good to go.
    PM me when you do it.
    Also how AT&T does your contract.
    Like if you cancel your old one?
    Last edited by RealRitzcracker; 07-26-2008 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

can someone make a windows step by step guide....thanks in advanced...

well i got it to work on vista 64 bit but cant make msn messager work even when i put in the socks info on messager.. Windows intenet explore dont work but my safari works great..Guess ill be useing safari to read my mail hehhe thanks for the help guys..

hey lazaruz, can you make a step by step on how you got it working with vista....

You got two options man, you can either set autolock to never in settings, or download the program insomnia from installer. insomnia will let the wifi continue to work after the phone has been locked
    Running:
    iPhone 4 4.0 Jailbreakme
    iPad Wifi 3.2 jailbreakme
    AT&T

well all the steps are here like other post says. Won't work with explorer so u have to get safari or firefox. Most important u need to have a wireless network adapter to make a wireless an-hoc network so it iPhone can see it and connect to it. I bought me an wireless USB network adapter and now windows gives me the option to make an-hoc network before I didn't have that option that was my proplem after that I follow the steps imode69 told me and everything works. Do want he told me and everything will work also read the first post on how to setup for mac.

what if you were to the corporate data plan and VPN into another network, and then proxy through the phone? They could not tell what is going on there then.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RiNo808 View Post
    can someone make a windows step by step guide....thanks in advanced...
    Everything in the MAC tutorial is identical to windows except for creating ad-hoc network. Heres what I did (I'm on Vista)

to create ad-hoc:

hit start button
    then hit "connect to"
    select "set up a network or connection"
    select "set up a wireless ad hoc (computer to computer) network"
    hit "next"
    Fill in "network name" to whatever you like I named mine "iPhone"
    on the drop down you can either choose "no authentication" or if you choose "WEP" make sure you fill in a security passcode.
    check "save network"
    hit "Next" then Hit "close
    you're all done.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...bd5dc1033.mspx
    Last edited by JD914; 07-29-2008 at 09:26 PM.
    OG iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and hopefully iPhone 2012 =)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JD914 For This Useful Post:

rotaryheadrx7 (07-30-2008)

Default iphone won't pick up network
    hello.
    i saw a lot of you guys say you got AIM to work. I can't get aim to work.

truthfully, i really want digsby to work. I tried to make digsby use "specify proxy config" (and put in my iphone's ip address as the host and set port to 1080) AND i tried to let it "use default system settings" but i still have not luck either way.

any suggestions?
    Last edited by rockdaddy707; 07-30-2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: wrong error posted

I got the lastedt version of firefox and safari to work with the 3G. Too bad it's limited to certain websites. I can't get iPhone | iPod touch forums, news, themes, apps, games, unlock, jailbreak community - ModMyI.com to work. But eBay and other sites work.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

At&t's unlimited data plan only allows 5gb? If they get on your *** about it can't you sue them for false advirtising or something?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast