Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: +++ RELEASE! ModMyI iPhone Skinner +++

Thanks

Thanks for the mac wiki update! Worked like a charm. So where do I paypal donations to?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Send a pm to knobby. He coded it.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

quick question, reading the directions for this install I read: (steps in red I understand and did)

1 Download installipb.pl and unzip it into your phonedmg folder.
    2. Create a folder named iPhoneBundles as well. Careful of those capital letters.

3. Place your .ipb file inside the iPhoneBundles folder. Make sure the first folder inside your .ipb file is named the same as your firmware version. For instance, if you are running firmware 1.0, the folder inside your .ipb should be called 1.0. If you are using 1.0.1, the folder should be 1.0.1. For this tutorial, I am using an .ipb file called pf_backup.ipb. Yours will be called whatever you named it.

Now, in 3 it says place your .ipb file in the iphonebundles folder, where is the "ipb" they are referring to the one I will download?

Then, what are they referring to when the say the first folder in your .ipb file should be named the same as your firmware version, I couldnt find anything like this =(.

Thanks Guys!

Is there a way of doing that with out installing the SSH and iphuc on the phone? Or at least just install SSH and not mess around with the IPHUC thing.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Uh... the .ipb file is the entire point of that tutorial. The skin you downloaded?

@xPlod - None of this requires SSH or iPHUC.

Thanks

when I downloaded the zipped .ipb file from the skinner application, it made an .ipb folder on my desktop. inside the folder was another .ipb folder by the same name. That inside folder is the one i dragged to the iPhoneBundles folder. Inside that second .ipb folder you will find a folder named 1.0 that I changed to 1.0.1 and it worked fine from there. Hope that helps.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Exactly.

This is great news. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by russdogg View Post
    when I downloaded the zipped .ipb file from the skinner application, it made an .ipb folder on my desktop. inside the folder was another .ipb folder by the same name. That inside folder is the one i dragged to the iPhoneBundles folder. Inside that second .ipb folder you will find a folder named 1.0 that I changed to 1.0.1 and it worked fine from there. Hope that helps.
    Are you referring to the installipb.pl file? When I d/l that i get just that a installipb.pl file. Thats the only link in that area I see where a file can be downloaded. Maybe thats where my source of confusion is.

Thanks!

I do have the latest firmware in my phone, and in this iPhone Skinner outputs to directory 1.0.1. but the install script is always trying to install to directory 1.0. I did rename the directory myself to 1.0 within the ipb file. My question is this. Are there any differences? Did I do it the right way, I mean it worked- but the only problem is, I can't get rid of ANY txt. Before, txt under the dock icon was the only txt visible. Now txt is underneath all my icons. I'm not a fan of txt. How do I get rid of all txt? Again, I know at this point, i'll have to have it uder my dock icons, but I want it out of all the rest. I did uncheck the txt option. That didn't seem to work. Does this have anything to do with me renaming directories?
    Last edited by f00fighters; 08-21-2007 at 06:26 AM.

Ahhhh, so I found my problem. The folder I am looking for to rename is the one inside the one the iSkinner makes when you do your theme =). Not the one you d/l from the tutorial heh.

So, how can I make the skin have 5 icons across the bottom or can you only do 4 with iSkinner?

ok so....i didn't see this question answered on this thread. i prefer having the SMS icon on the dock along with the four normal icons. i know it lets you drag and drop to set this up, but it still only has four spots for icons in the dock, and so i can't put an icon for all five things there. is there a way to do this already by any chance?

Default Additional Apps. on Screen
    Before I skinned my phone I had 3 other icons on the bottom row above the dock, NES,Vrecorder and terminal...how do I get those back onto the screen?? Is there anyway??

Any help, would be much appreciated.

Thanks...

Marc

Yea...you can go into your .ipb folder created by the skinning program to the following file:

/1.0.1/Default/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/DisplayOrder.plist

Open that file up with Wordpad or whatever text program you want. Now you will see three sections labeled buttonBar, iconList, and special. Under each of these are the orders of each section...buttonBar being your dock, iconList being the main home screen, and special being hidden apps that don't show up. You may be able to recognize some of these by the string values....stocks, Maps, weather, etc.

Under the special section, you will see three sections with strings labeled com.natetrue.iphone.nesapp, com.apple.terminal, and com.apple.vrecorder.

Copy each of those sections, including the tags wrapped around them, and move them up under the buttonBar section. When you are done, your buttonBar section should look similar to this:

buttonBar

displayIdentifier
    com.apple.mobilephone

displayIdentifier
    com.apple.mobilemail

displayIdentifier
    com.apple.mobilesafari

displayIdentifier
    com.apple.mobileipod

displayIdentifier
    com.apple.terminal

displayIdentifier
    com.natetrue.iphone.nesapp

displayIdentifier
    com.apple.vrecorder

Using this, they will show up in the order: phone, mail, safari, ipod, terminal, nesapp, and voice recorder. Simply switch the string values around so they are in the order you want, and make sure to delete those sections from the special section of the file. Then put the skin onto your iPhone and you should be good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by rianbattle View Post
    Yea...you can go into your .ipb folder created by the skinning program to the following file:

/1.0.1/Default/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/DisplayOrder.plist

Open that file up with Wordpad or whatever text program you want. Now you will see three sections labeled buttonBar, iconList, and special. Under each of these are the orders of each section...buttonBar being your dock, iconList being the main home screen, and special being hidden apps that don't show up. You may be able to recognize some of these by the string values....stocks, Maps, weather, etc.

Under the special section, you will see three sections with strings labeled com.natetrue.iphone.nesapp, com.apple.terminal, and com.apple.vrecorder.

Copy each of those sections, including the tags wrapped around them, and move them up under the buttonBar section. When you are done, your buttonBar section should look similar to this:

buttonBar

displayIdentifier
    com.apple.mobilephone

displayIdentifier
    com.apple.mobilemail

displayIdentifier
    com.apple.mobilesafari

displayIdentifier
    com.apple.mobileipod

displayIdentifier
    com.apple.terminal

displayIdentifier
    com.natetrue.iphone.nesapp

displayIdentifier
    com.apple.vrecorder

Using this, they will show up in the order: phone, mail, safari, ipod, terminal, nesapp, and voice recorder. Simply switch the string values around so they are in the order you want, and make sure to delete those sections from the special section of the file. Then put the skin onto your iPhone and you should be good to go!
    Whoops! I meant to say that those should be put into your iconList section, and not the buttonBar section. I misread where you wanted the icons. Just stick those three sections at the bottom of your iconList and they will show up there. Sorry about that!
    Last edited by rianbattle; 08-21-2007 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rianbattle For This Useful Post:

Kyle Matthews (08-21-2007)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,276 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post
    Before I skinned my phone I had 3 other icons on the bottom row above the dock, NES,Vrecorder and terminal...how do I get those back onto the screen?? Is there anyway??

Any help, would be much appreciated.

Thanks...

Marc
    you can see on our skinner hidden icons list if you mouse over it. drag the apps of your choice to the icons list in the order of your choice. That area above the dock will fill up with more icon spaces for you to add your icons to.

I have one more question that I just thought of while answering that question. In the theme.ipb folder...if you add other folders and files(sounds for example, which are kept in System/Library/Audio/UISounds), will the program that installs the icons install the sounds too? This would be helpful, instead of having to run the program to install a theme then going back over it to add icons for programs not yet listed in the skinner, and to add custom sounds i have/made...just curious!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Yes, it will. Just keep the correct file structure.

Hey guys, when I type this:

chmod u+x /phonedmg/installipb.pl

I get this:

chmod: /phonedmg/installipb.pl: No such file or directory

I have created a /phonedmg in my home folder, and the installipb.pl is in there. What have I done, or do I need to do so I can continue on?

Thanks ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by mane3215 View Post
    Hey guys, when I type this:

chmod u+x /phonedmg/installipb.pl

I get this:

chmod: /phonedmg/installipb.pl: No such file or directory

I have created a /phonedmg in my home folder, and the installipb.pl is in there. What have I done, or do I need to do so I can continue on?

Thanks ahead!
    I'm pretty sure we've covered this in this thread, but you need to point the chmod command to the installipb.pl. If you put your phonedmg folder in your home folder the command would be:

chmod u+x ~/phonedmg/installipb.pl

If you put it in folder /this/is/where/I/put/things then the command needs to change to:

chmod u+x /this/is/where/I/put/things/phonedmg/installipb.pl

Thanks, that little tilda in the front is I guess what is throwing it off. I am not familiar with apple and the terminal commands, so its a little tricky. I have a basic understanding of old school dos, but has been so long I forget half of them commands.

Now, after running jailbreak I am to the point where i am trying to load my .ipb file. However, again its saying file not found. Its showing the proper location, however it cannot find it. Its currently in the directory of chris/phonedmg where the installipb.pl is placed, but it is no running it.

Is there a command I can use to run and see what is in the folder that it is currently in? I think dos was list?

Here is what I'm seeing:

Chris-Computer:~ Chris$ cd phonedmg
    Chris-Computer:~/phonedmg Chris$ ./installipb.pl gun.ipb
    /Users/Chris/phonedmg/iPhoneBundles/gun.ipb does not exist!
    Chris-Computer:~/phonedmg Chris$

The break down is like this, Chris Home Folder>Phonedmg folder (where installip.pl is)>iPhoneBundles folder (where the gun.ipb is)

Sorry to be a pain in the *ss, but I really appreciate it.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast