Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Your iPhone Listens to Music Too? Listen.app

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ankitsid View Post
    not fair I want my iPhone back now

Damn tgus itouch
    ha but it was locked anyway so......

I got the Fiyaa!

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    Okay - for those who DON'T BOTHER TO READ...
    The Listen app IS NOT WORKING NOW because the service is down. Erica, the creator of the app, is waiting for a license or some such thing in order for the service to work again... if that happens.

So, until you see something posted that the service is back up, LISTEN WILL NOT WORK. You can uninstall it, and reinstall it until you have worn out dent marks on the screen of your phone, and it still will not work.

For those who really don't understand, trying to make Listen work now is like trying to watch TV when you have no cable/satellite service.

Is this clear enough?

NOT WORK!?!?!

HOW FIX?!?!?!

Some people need to learn to read.
    I really hope this will all work out in time.
    Last edited by agentfubu; 01-13-2008 at 01:29 PM.
    Thanks,
    Matt

I think Erica must have seen us pondering the legalities of it and figured better safe than sorry.. to keep it running after we tested it fairly well would have been risky until she gets an ok. While I REALLY love the program and would use it extensively, I somehow feel if they aren't making a dime on it they'll never let her/us resume.

Don't be rude on a message board because someone asked a question you knew the answer to. I'm not always going to read 9 pages of "wow this app is awesome" to see if there's a shred of evidence as to why it isn't working stuck in the middle of there. I clicked "Last" like everyone else to get to the last page of the thread to look for clues. And I know how to read. Just ignore people when they ask questions that bug you. Thank you.

Default I got a problem...
    The app doesn't work for me at all I tried and tried countless times and it just says "connection failed." Is there something I need to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze189 View Post
    The app doesn't work for me at all I tried and tried countless times and it just says "connection failed." Is there something I need to do?
    sorry but people, PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THREAD!!!!! Common, this kind of bullsh*it takes take fun out of it for sure!

So its down?
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

YES! unfortunately it's down untill further notice. So for EVERYBODY who don't want to read the whole thread: IT IS DOWN.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

For those who are brand new to using formuns like this to find information as well as to assist others in finding information, before accusing others of being impolite, you need to understand exactly HOW to use forums, the generally accepted rules for using forums, and especially the specific guidelines for using the forums at this site.

Nearly every forum site that I have posted in has a thread at the top of its list that says something to the effect of "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING." In fact, in many forums, if you fail to read that thread, and post against that forum's rules, your posting will be deleted, and you will be banned for a certain amount of time before you may post again.

One generally accepted rule in all forums, is don't post a question that has already been asked, and answered. Especially if it has been asked and answered dozens of times. Even moreso if the exact question you ask was answered in the very post before yours.

I think most everyone posting in forums like this are willing to help others. But, when on countless occassions the thread is hijacked (and my apologies for hijacking this thread, but it seems as though it is needed here) by someone unwilling or lacking in the foresight to simply read a little or search a little before making a post, then it makes the entire thread to be useless to anyone.

As an example, if I was trying to use the Listen app, and all of a sudden it stopped working, and I got a message of "Source unavailable," then the best thing to do would be to open this thread, click on the "Search this thread" link at the top, and enter the words "Source unavailable" (or whatever the error message I received.) Then, a search would be done to see if those words were posted anywhere else in the thread. Pretty simple. And, to your own benefit, you get the answer you are looking for immediately, instead of posting the already-asked question and waiting for some response.

Please understand that a thread is NOT a personal conversation that you may just butt into. It is a continuing conversation - hence the word thread - where each comment builds upon the former.

So, to quote an oft used phrase in many forums...

Search is your friend.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Listen will listen no more
    Erica has posted on her blog that Listen is dead because of the high cost of a commercial license, and the unavailability of a noncommercial license. So connection failed is all we will see unless something magic happens.

http://ericasadun.com/?p=143

Bummer, this was one of my favorite apps.

and what are the costs of a commercial license? Does it help if everyone donates a couple of bucks?

nvm forget it.
    Last edited by rmarquez; 01-14-2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: nvm

Quote Originally Posted by rmarquez View Post
    says connection failed. neone else?
    I think that after one point we should just ban people that don't bother reading the thread. Hell, we should ban people that don't bother reading the previous two posts.

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    For those who are brand new to using formuns like this to find information as well as to assist others in finding information, before accusing others of being impolite, you need to understand exactly HOW to use forums, the generally accepted rules for using forums, and especially the specific guidelines for using the forums at this site.

Nearly every forum site that I have posted in has a thread at the top of its list that says something to the effect of "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING." In fact, in many forums, if you fail to read that thread, and post against that forum's rules, your posting will be deleted, and you will be banned for a certain amount of time before you may post again.

One generally accepted rule in all forums, is don't post a question that has already been asked, and answered. Especially if it has been asked and answered dozens of times. Even moreso if the exact question you ask was answered in the very post before yours.

I think most everyone posting in forums like this are willing to help others. But, when on countless occassions the thread is hijacked (and my apologies for hijacking this thread, but it seems as though it is needed here) by someone unwilling or lacking in the foresight to simply read a little or search a little before making a post, then it makes the entire thread to be useless to anyone.

As an example, if I was trying to use the Listen app, and all of a sudden it stopped working, and I got a message of "Source unavailable," then the best thing to do would be to open this thread, click on the "Search this thread" link at the top, and enter the words "Source unavailable" (or whatever the error message I received.) Then, a search would be done to see if those words were posted anywhere else in the thread. Pretty simple. And, to your own benefit, you get the answer you are looking for immediately, instead of posting the already-asked question and waiting for some response.

Please understand that a thread is NOT a personal conversation that you may just butt into. It is a continuing conversation - hence the word thread - where each comment builds upon the former.

So, to quote an oft used phrase in many forums...

Search is your friend.
    The same question being asked and answered over and over again along with posting in the wrong section annoys the hell out of me but I've come to realize that there are just far too many incredibly stupid people out there for it to ever stop. I also no longer read PM's because they are mostly people asking me ridiculous questions I'll never take the time to answer.

how much is the commercial lic... and if we donate can we get enough?!?!

I wonder if she plans on switching it to use one of the multiple free sources, like MusicDNS, MusicIP, Foosic, etc.? I don't wanna see one of the best iPhone apps die just like that.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Tried this out and when it gets to connecting to server it says the connection failed. The network works just fine on wifi and edge (after all I just installed the thing) but it just doesn't find the server. Is there some sort of setup I am missing?

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Tried this out and when it gets to connecting to server it says the connection failed. The network works just fine on wifi and edge (after all I just installed the thing) but it just doesn't find the server. Is there some sort of setup I am missing?
    **** off dude

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

help me, im seeing connection failed.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... it is actually becoming of a joke now and people must be doing this on purpose. Everytime i'm hoping the latest message would be an update on the Listen app but instead its another person saying 'connection failed'. JOKES!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast