Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Your iPhone Listens to Music Too? Listen.app

okay so i dont have EDGE so i need wi-fi to use this app correct?

for those who ask, i can confirm it work for me over edge using t-zone hack. have to agree holding it alway a few inches speakers works best.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
    I love this app, But do you think Erica will add the ability to view the song in the iTunes Wifi Music store? That'd be great!
    I can't agree more. This app is great and I would love it to display in the music store or at least, allow the info to be saved in a notes file so we can retrieve it later.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Suddard View Post
    I can't agree more. This app is great and I would love it to display in the music store or at least, allow the info to be saved in a notes file so we can retrieve it later.
    I agree, that would be great. For now, I am using the dock application and taking a screenshot of the page that displays the music so I can remember it for later without having to write it down

truly amazing!!! i remember when i was with sprint, i was rather jealous that verizon customers had an app that did this... and now we do too! great work!!!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jodiedicie View Post
    It hangs at the Contacting info server for me too. I am on 1.1.2.

EDIT: Ok, well, of course, it was one of those "could it really be that simple" things If you are having the hanging at the contacting info server screen, try turning your phone upside down so the speaker of your phone is aimed at the music source. That did it for me. Great App!
    same here lol

thanks!

EDIT: This APP is niiice Thank you so much Works with allmost every song!
    Last edited by tomtom; 01-08-2008 at 12:43 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dust Busta's Avatar
    Thanks

It works good for me, but it doesn't seem to be a big hip hop fan.

Default not working...=\
    Installed it from the installer app and after i run it, and after it says recorded and getting information, it shuts down the program and goes back to the Home Screen....can anyone help me with this...i'm thinking its cuz i have to upgrade to at least 1.1.1?

It gets stuck at the contacting info server screen whenever I hold it up to my laptop speakers but when I hold it up to the radio speakers, it works great! Maybe the quality of the speakers may have something to do with it or maybe it wasnt loud enough?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to frank1123 For This Useful Post:

Stealth1029 (01-10-2008)

Default Not working for me?~?~
    I got the app but it just says connecting to server after it records and nothing happens from then. My Firmware 1.1.1 Anyone have a clue I used wifi and edge.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

i have been playing around with it and pandora (playing random songs for it to recognize). It seems like if it is a low quality sample (background noise etc), or if it does not recognize the song, it will remain at the contacting info server screen.
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

iPhone? More like MyPhone cybergeek2021's Avatar
    Thanks

it is like that verizon thing with the music phones. I finaly have that too!!!!
    Like what you see... Click on the "Thanks" Button!

Hmm I tried this with some random terrible rap song. I had EDGE, it said it was done, but I never got an answer. I guess it only answers well known songs, but it seems pretty good so far...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dust Busta's Avatar
    Thanks

When it says "contacting info server" That means the the song is not recognized, becuase it wasn't a clear reading or the that the song isn't in the database. Listen does work on edge but it's a little slow.

Not working on 1.0.2

Has any one had this working on 1.0.2?

Installed via installer and using WiFi -everytime it records I get black screen and sprung back to the springboard..

Any 1.0.2ers out there get this working?

It actually works! AMAZING.

I'm curious as to how long this will go on. While I applaud the efforts Erica took to get this working on the iPhone, I don't believe Sony is going to be very happy with an unofficial 3rd-party app using its proprietary service.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I'm curious as to how long this will go on. While I applaud the efforts Erica took to get this working on the iPhone, I don't believe Sony is going to be very happy with an unofficial 3rd-party app using its proprietary service.
    Are you sure that it isnt using one of the calling resources? I know that AT&T has one...

Thanks

Beta-2 is out on ericas site....alot better....

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    Are you sure that it isnt using one of the calling resources? I know that AT&T has one...
    Nope. The app emulates a Sony Ericsson K810i and sends a request to Sony's service for its phones which uses grace notes musicID technology.

So unless this perfectly emulates the query request, all Sony needs to do is do a more thorough check on its website and this app dies.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast