+ Reply
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage 2.0 Full Guide w/Pics Up

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
questions? i have itune 7.4 i click on update iphone but tells me to update 7.7 itunes first..so i update to itunes 7.7 first? im on 1.1.4 pwnage..i download the
    Thanks

questions?

i have itune 7.4 i click on update iphone but tells me to update 7.7 itunes first..so i update to itunes 7.7 first?

im on 1.1.4 pwnage..i download the 1,1_2.0_5A347_restore.ipsw on firefox..so when im on itunes 7.7 can i just hit ALT/option to update to 2.0 or i have to put it on /Library/Itunes/Iphone Software Updates in my Mac. or both works?

thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

it's funny to me that the first post says will not unlock 3g for use with other carriers and people still ask it it will unlock 3g. Can these people not read and comprehend words? LOL

Thanks dev team!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone hozay09's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks a milliion for the step by step!!! This was the 1st time I've EVER used pwnage tool & everything worked out great.

One question I do have. Can the boot logo be changed to the pineapple? I used the modmyi one & while it looks cool I prefer the standard pineapple one.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Worked perfectly..
    Hey,

I have the 4gb original iPhone. I had it previously unlocked with Ziphone. Last night I used the new Pwnage tool to unlock and use the new 2.0 software. It works perfectly. I also used the hack on Cydia by Bigboss again so I can still use the $5.00 T-zones internet. Thanks Dev Team!

Quote Originally Posted by javierpuga View Post
    OK, I don't think anyone has asked this:

I have a 1st Gen iPhone.
    I upgraded to 2.0 when it came out. I am currently in 2.0. To jailbreak, do I need to downgrade to 1.1.4? If so, how would I do that?
    No you dont just follow the guides

Quote Originally Posted by pacmac View Post
    questions?

i have itune 7.4 i click on update iphone but tells me to update 7.7 itunes first..so i update to itunes 7.7 first?

im on 1.1.4 pwnage..i download the 1,1_2.0_5A347_restore.ipsw on firefox..so when im on itunes 7.7 can i just hit ALT/option to update to 2.0 or i have to put it on /Library/Itunes/Iphone Software Updates in my Mac. or both works?

thanks
    just update itunes first
    then you CAN update your phone IF you want like normal just hit update. you dont have to do all that other stuff to just update THEN use pwnage tool and it should work fine

Quote Originally Posted by hozay09 View Post
    Thanks a milliion for the step by step!!! This was the 1st time I've EVER used pwnage tool & everything worked out great.

One question I do have. Can the boot logo be changed to the pineapple? I used the modmyi one & while it looks cool I prefer the standard pineapple one.
    Yes just recreate the custom fw and instead of changing the logo just use the one that is checked already (the pineapple)
    Last edited by [email protected]; 07-20-2008 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm having trouble getting service after jailbreaking my 2g iPhone. I've waited for quite awhile as well as rebooted the phone a few times. Maybe i'm just being impatient?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Bootloader problem
    When I'm running the Pwnage tool, in expert mode, it never asks me for the bootloader files, and then I get a variety of error messages trying to restore from the newly created ispw files. ????

iPhone? More like MyPhone hozay09's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Yes just recreate the custom fw and instead of changing the logo just use the one that is checked already (the pineapple)
    damn.. wish there was an easier way than having to go through all that again. Ah well.. I'll stick w/ the modmyi one. Thanks.

Thanks

I need help. Before Restore and using MIM to change my Carrier name to ATT to make the custom TMOBILE icon work. Now that I restored after updating to 2.0 my carrier is stuck on ATT... I don't have ATT.

Any solution?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

When I'm running the Pwnage tool, in expert mode, it never asks me for the bootloader files, and then I get a variety of error messages trying to restore from the newly created ispw files. ????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default pls help
    hi
    im having dis problem thats been troubling me since the past 6 hours now.

i get through all d steps. and after the restore of the custom firmware. wen the device boots up (and apple says to give it 15 seconds) my fone gets stuck on the pineapple logo and keeps rebooting. (the pineapple comes up for a few secs the fone switches off again starts and the same cycle keeps repeating) it never starts or reaches the spring board or the boot neuter.

iv done and redone the steps bout 10 times now. but with the same results. iv restored the phone back to 1.1.4 and tried again a few times too. iv also tried rebuilding the firmware a couple of times. dfu etc everything works fine. no error messages. but the same problem everytime. and now im back on 1.1.4 waiting for help.

cn someone please help me out. im using a mac with lepord. iv also tried on diff macs and also the pc.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maz View Post
    Damn it! Itīs same for me!!?? I double click the Pwnage 2.0 app icon and then itīs not opening??? As "zipro" says: "any ideas???"

Yeah, its so weird im running OS X 10.5.4. Let me know if you or anyone else figures this out

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am on Windows XP here. To upgrade to firmware 2.0 from pwned 1.1.4 I simply used Iliberty to place the phone in DFU mode then shift restored with with pre-made firmware from pwnage OSX in Itunes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swinger360 View Post
    Delete Pwnage tool from your computer and reinstall it. Now when you run it, it should ask for your bootloader files. Worked for me.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to pnmd For This Useful Post:

xjuliephanx (07-20-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks for the instructions, but when I just "jailbraked" my 1st Gen iPhone, several of the steps listed above were missing.

I was able to sort through it, so thanks again!

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lillewis51 View Post
    i dont get the dfu guide pages. it just goes right to dfu failed
    I get that too in simple mode. I have not tried expert yet. Is this a glitch or am I just not doing something right?
    Thanks,

Timbo

Thanks

so i read the "edit"

does this mean if i have a 1st gen iphone.. it will not work with Tmobile yet?

im currently on 1.1.4 unlocked for tmobile

so can i go to 2.0 and still unlock?

thanks in advance!

and always...
    MEGA PROPS TO DEV TEAM!
    if i can burn crosses..i can dance to anything.

Thanks

Mine never asks for bootloaders 39 and 46 and goes straight to building the ipsw. Is that a problem?

*edit* sorry just found the answer a few posts up!
    Last edited by xjuliephanx; 07-20-2008 at 11:44 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nishant786 View Post
    hi
    im having dis problem thats been troubling me since the past 6 hours now.

i get through all d steps. and after the restore of the custom firmware. wen the device boots up (and apple says to give it 15 seconds) my fone gets stuck on the pineapple logo and keeps rebooting. (the pineapple comes up for a few secs the fone switches off again starts and the same cycle keeps repeating) it never starts or reaches the spring board or the boot neuter.

iv done and redone the steps bout 10 times now. but with the same results. iv restored the phone back to 1.1.4 and tried again a few times too. iv also tried rebuilding the firmware a couple of times. dfu etc everything works fine. no error messages. but the same problem everytime. and now im back on 1.1.4 waiting for help.

cn someone please help me out. im using a mac with lepord. iv also tried on diff macs and also the pc.

Hey Nishant is it working now???? I have the same problem and try to fix it about 11 hours :-(

We both need help, so please guys! Regards!

Thanks

ewokcwalk- it will work.. as you can see from the guide pf has tmobile as the carrier on the screenshot

+ Reply
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast