Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage 2.0 Full Guide w/Pics Up

to put in dfu mode the easiest way is turn phone off then with phone off hold down home button while pluging in to computer keep holding home button till dfu screen comes on this has always worked for me. pwn worked great thanks guys.
    Last edited by stereo313; 07-20-2008 at 12:38 AM.
    THANK OR DIE

I followed the directions exactly but when I did the restore with the custom firmware i got an error 6 and then i got the connect to itunes on my iphone. Any idea why??
    I *hEaRt* my IpHoNe

http://twitter.com/#!/Loudmouth0

wanna be cool? Follow me

I'm so irritated.
    I keep getting the error "wrong firmware bundle".

Someone said that I have the 3g firmware, but I've downloaded the one straight from the guide for the 2g phone.

Can someone PLEASE point me into the direction of the right 2.0 ipsw for the first generation iphone. Is there a difference in filename? I'm sharing super slow internet at my inlaws and am sick of waiting hours in between downloads and then finding out it was the wrong file.
    iPhizzle

EDIT: I still cant get my phone into DFU mode through the app. However, it does work when I do it the other way but I am having the same problem as popmanbx... i am getting that error 6 message when i try to restore using the new .isp
    Last edited by svd21; 07-20-2008 at 01:03 AM.

it will restore with the regular restore , but not with the custom. I get the error 6 with the custom
    I *hEaRt* my IpHoNe

http://twitter.com/#!/Loudmouth0

wanna be cool? Follow me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hey guys, i had the fail issue,
    what i did was go into Library, iTunes, then rename Device to Device Support (I did the terminal thing and it was just Device for some reason)

after that, i only plugged my iphone right before the DFU thing, then it seemed to work!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cspec For This Useful Post:

chamcent (07-20-2008)

Hell yea it works first try and thats serrio!!!!

How do I tell Itunes what firmware to restore my phonw with? HOW DO YOU PUT THE CUSTOM FIRMWARE ON The phone?

hello everyone
    anyone tried to jailbreak their 3G iphone??
    "When You PushEd on hackers their gonna push back 10x as HARD"

sTeve stp smokin that apple and free my iphone

took 4.5 hrs because i upgraded to 2.0 thinking it would work like ziphone...do not upgrade!!! before pwnage... just follow guide as closely as possible... dfu was tricky but it all worked out in the end. Very happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by BClineCoke View Post
    How do I tell Itunes what firmware to restore my phonw with? HOW DO YOU PUT THE CUSTOM FIRMWARE ON The phone?
    hold down the option button, and click Restore.

hope that helped

cheers
    "When You PushEd on hackers their gonna push back 10x as HARD"

sTeve stp smokin that apple and free my iphone

For some reason nothing happens when I try to start PWNage. it tries to load it but nothing comes up. any ideas?

This guide is very confusing. It mentions the iPod Touch only once-at the beginning. I don't know how to do this for my iPod Touch.

anybody else getting an error 6 message? any fix for it yet?

hey pf just thinking about you said if someone has tmobile on there 3g iphone they shoudldnt updat i dont think anyone has a tmobile 3g iphone and update to what lol?

Wait, does this work for Microsoft xp?

Alright so I have 3G iphone not trying to unlock just want to jailbreak. I am doing everything properly except I cannot get it into DFU mode. i hold the sleep and middle buttons till it resets then keep holding the middle but for a lil longer while screen is black. Pwnage tool then says you failed to go into DFU mode and the next page is the home screen again. why is this happening?
    PPC iMac 20" 1.8ghz 1.25GB RAM

Hope this helps everyone.... first off, read cspec post. If that doesnt work, you can enter DFU mode manually....

Difference between DFU mode and recovery mode.

A lot of people seem to think that DFU mod and Recovery mode on the iPhone are the same. Apart from the blank screen in DFU mode and the iTunes/Dock Cable logo this is another, greater difference.

When you put your phone in Recovery mode the iPhone still loads up a mac "OS" if you will. Whereas in DFU mode the iPhone does not load up the OS. This means that communication between the iPhone and iTunes in DFU mode is minimal - therefore iTunes will not randomly decide to interrupt you while downgrading firmware etc.

To put your phone in recovery mode simply:

1. Switch off the iPhone.
    2. Hold the home button as you connect your iPhone to your PC/Mac.
    3. Continue to hold the home button untill you see the iTunes/Dock Cable logo.

To put your iPhone in to DFU mode:

1. Turn on iPhone
    2. Connect to PC/Mac
    3. Open iTunes
    4. Hold down power and home buttons
    5. Wait untill red slider appears to shut down iPhone - keep holding the buttons.
    6.Wait untill the iPhone shuts down
    7. Release power button, keep home button pressed (if the Apple logo appeared you didn't release the power button quick enough - try again!)
    8. Wait about 7 seconds - iTunes should say there is an iPhone connected in "restore mode"

Your iPhone screen should be blank! No iTunes/Dock Cable logo.
    if there is an iTunes/Cable logo you are in recovery mode not DFU!
    Try again untill you are in DFU mode.

-snorkrat

20. The Following User Says Thank You to svd21 For This Useful Post:

chamcent (07-20-2008)

For anyone who received the Error (6), you're not restoring the phone properly. Your phone MUST be in the DFU mode, and NOT the Recovery mode because they're different (refer to the post above for the difference).

I was putting the phone into the Recovery mode and it never worked. Follow cspec's advice (top of the page) and re-build the custom restore firmware in Pwnage. I had only plugged in the phone when Pwnage asked whether I have pwned my phone before.

Hope this helps! =)

Quote Originally Posted by zipro View Post
    For some reason nothing happens when I try to start PWNage. it tries to load it but nothing comes up. any ideas?
    Damn it! Itīs same for me!!?? I double click the Pwnage 2.0 app icon and then itīs not opening??? As "zipro" says: "any ideas???"
    //Hackīz

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast