+ Reply
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage 2.0 Full Guide w/Pics Up

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by dm_hawk just finished upgrading/jailbreaking my previously jailbroken 1.1.3 (not unlocked) 1st gen iphone to FW 2.0 using Pwnage Tool, then restored previous data via itunes. everything is
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dm_hawk View Post
    just finished upgrading/jailbreaking my previously jailbroken 1.1.3 (not unlocked) 1st gen iphone to FW 2.0 using Pwnage Tool, then restored previous data via itunes.

everything is as it should be (pineapple logo, cydia, wifi, etc.) EXCEPT that the phone doesn't seem to be connected to my cellular network or EDGE.

-it says "No Service" where the signal bars and AT&T logo should be.
    -in Settings/General/About/Network, it says "Not Available"
    -any attempt to make a phone call results in a "Call Failed" screen.
    -incoming calls go directly to voice mail.
    -the iphone SIM card works fine in my Sony-Ericsson phone.
    -restarting the iphone didn't work.

ANY suggestions would be appreciated... thanks in advance.

UPDATE: i tried running Pwnage Tool 2.01 again, but in SIMPLE mode this time - my ATT network signal is back - it worked like a charm!
    ATT users: In pwnage tool Expert Mode, under the "General" tab you have to uncheck "activate." Your iphone will be activated by iTunes during the restore process.

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I've noticed when use Pwnage 2.0 in expert mode and change the partition size, none of my prepwn backups work. I have tried to set up my .ipsw file to have a 1028 partition. I wonder if I do have, then set my iPhone up as new, when my backups have the 1024 partition?
    Thanks,

Timbo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did my previous pwnaned phone last night. I am a newbie. I printed the guide had it with me and followed the steps. The only problem I had a the start was that I did not have it set to expert so I got lost. Once I selected expert is work just like the guide. I followed the steps and everything is working on my phone. Thands dev team!!! Great job! Does any one have a link or can tell me how to make a donation?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thumbs up Success Upgrade to V2.0
    Thanks to Dev Teams, Tried, Install in the 1st Generation and the iphone is up and running in v2.0 now. Many thanks Guys.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dogdaysunrise's Avatar
    Thanks

Quick and maybe silly question, but what speaks for upgrading to 2.0?
    Are there any advantages, that I might "need"? (Running 1.1.4 right now)

Thanks and sorry for this little OT, but I thought here's a good spot to ask!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Cannot Upgrade to 10.5.4
    Is it possible to do run the pwnage tool on the 10.5.2 OSX software? I have not been able to upgrade to either 10.5.3 or 10.5.4 since theyve come out, every time i try to open the .dmg file, it fails during the verification, giving me either a "codec overrun" error or an "invalid checksum" error. i've done a bit of research on this problem, and it seems that it comes from a firewall on certain routers. I am using an AirportExpress, though, and usually the routers with this problem have been Netgear, sometimes Linksys. I've also tried downloading the file in other locations, but i think the problem comes from the fact that i live in beijing and the internet has all sorts of errors here.

Basically my questions are 1)Is it possible to use pwnage from 10.5.2, but since i think the answer to that is "no," 2) is there any way for me to work around this upgrade problem? They just opened the first apple store here last week, maybe i can get an upgrade CD from them? If Pwnage didnt make you enter a user password, i just just pwn my phone on their computers, i'll bet they have 10.5.4.

Sorry about the long post, i just can't figure out what to do. and sorry for my bad English, i hope you could make some sense out of that. thanks for any help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

anyone here know for sure if the pwn tool works for 3G iPhones that have been activated in-store?

Thanks
    can you use the app store as well if you jailbreak 2.0? so we inturn have double the apps?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes you can. but why use appstore when you have installer and get all the apps 100% free?

iPhone? More like MyPhone oldskoolkid13's Avatar
    Thanks

so can i do this on my aunts mac? even tho my iphone is not synced w/ her itunes? also can i bring the custom f/w back to my pc and proceed to custom restore there?

If I helped you at all please hit the thanks button 4 me!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default No Problem
    Quote Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post
    Is it possible to do run the pwnage tool on the 10.5.2 OSX software? I have not been able to upgrade to either 10.5.3 or 10.5.4 since theyve come out, every time i try to open the .dmg file, it fails during the verification, giving me either a "codec overrun" error or an "invalid checksum" error. i've done a bit of research on this problem, and it seems that it comes from a firewall on certain routers. I am using an AirportExpress, though, and usually the routers with this problem have been Netgear, sometimes Linksys. I've also tried downloading the file in other locations, but i think the problem comes from the fact that i live in beijing and the internet has all sorts of errors here.

Basically my questions are 1)Is it possible to use pwnage from 10.5.2, but since i think the answer to that is "no," 2) is there any way for me to work around this upgrade problem? They just opened the first apple store here last week, maybe i can get an upgrade CD from them? If Pwnage didnt make you enter a user password, i just just pwn my phone on their computers, i'll bet they have 10.5.4.

Sorry about the long post, i just can't figure out what to do. and sorry for my bad English, i hope you could make some sense out of that. thanks for any help.
    I ran this whole process on a Hackintosh running 10.5.2. I would think a legit version will work too.

Hope this helps.
    Wudstock

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Works great for us... thanks as always! We did have the initial problem with the pwnage tool bouncing on the dock - but going to activity monitor, clicking all processes and ending the PS process fixed it...

Thanks!
    FriendSite.com

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shaun11 View Post
    yes you can. but why use appstore when you have installer and get all the apps 100% free?
    That's wrong, the apps from appstore are not the same apps as installer. ALSO, there are many free apps from the appstore.

I unlocked my 1g iphone to 2.0 on windows xp and loving it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

after i jailbreak will the phone run like it does regularly or will it be slower or something?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Can anyone help me please
    SINCE I HAVE USED PWNAGE 2.0.1 ON MY 1ST GEN TMOBILE IPHONE . NIETHER EDGE OR WIFI IS WORKING ???? WHAT SHOULD I DO ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thaage pwnage will only jailbreak 2.0 on ur 1g iPhone it will not unlock it

Green Apple
    Thanks

is there a windows guide yet?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My friend tried updating his iPhone 1.0.2 to 2.0 through pwnage last night. He went through the steps and guide on ModMyI but something went wrong. His phone is just sitting on the iTunes Logo and USB Cord ont he screen. He says he re did the pwnage program and it nevers asks for the browser to find the bootloader software and it goes straight to save the ipsw file. He can't do the DFU mode anymore. Then when he tries to go to restore with the new ipsw it stops after the extract file and itunes gives him an error. The error is iPhone could not be restored an unknown error occurred (6).

Can anyone help. If someone can walk him through on the phone I'm sure he'd be willing to throw you a couple bucks... or if there is a guide that I can do it for him over the phone please let me know.

Thanks

I currently have a 1st gen. iPhone that is jailbroken (1.1.4) and customized. Will performing the 2.0 jailbreak remove the customizations / applications currently installed?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piratejay View Post
    My friend tried updating his iPhone 1.0.2 to 2.0 through pwnage last night. He went through the steps and guide on ModMyI but something went wrong. His phone is just sitting on the iTunes Logo and USB Cord ont he screen. He says he re did the pwnage program and it nevers asks for the browser to find the bootloader software and it goes straight to save the ipsw file. He can't do the DFU mode anymore. Then when he tries to go to restore with the new ipsw it stops after the extract file and itunes gives him an error. The error is iPhone could not be restored an unknown error occurred (6).

Can anyone help. If someone can walk him through on the phone I'm sure he'd be willing to throw you a couple bucks... or if there is a guide that I can do it for him over the phone please let me know.
    Try restoring to 1.1.4. Plug in the iphone and shut it off. Hold the power button and home button for like 5 seconds and then let go of the power button and continue to hold the home button for like 10 seconds. Itunes should see the phone in restore mode, then resore to 1.1.4. I did that today like 2 or 3 times. If that doesn’t work, try ziphone and put it in DFU mode or iLiberty +. I was messing when those today and both of them put my iphone in DFU mode.