Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage 2.0 Released - 3G/2.0 is Jailbroke!

If I do advanced mode, do I need to check activate, if I'm with ATT.

Launch yes. But like a lot of people after it builds the custom ipsw file it is unable to put the phone into DFU mode and stops. So I tried to put my 3G into DFU manually and got it stuck in recovery mode. So I'm recovering the 2.0 software now and I'll try again

i got my iPhone working fine with the Pwnage tool.

i have to say, though, i really wish i had summerboard right now. i hate the iPhone background and dock images. i really want my iPod Touch theme right now!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRalat View Post
    What is DFU Mode.., I hate that they put this out and put no info in how to use it!!
    If you don't know what DFU mode is I suggest you search for it on Google. Try searching for "iphone DFU". You do know how to use google right??? Also, since you seem to be confused it's best to wait until the guide comes out.

? could someone share a successful PSW file that we could use with windows and restore or will that not work???
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

7. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

Wongster360 (07-20-2008)

i never have had good luck with hacktivating my phone with pwnage, at least the first version. i opted out of it. there shouldn't be a need to use it if you're on at&t AND the activation servers aren't down.

Quote Originally Posted by AROD_1 View Post
    is this tool for windows too
    Nope. You need to wait for the Windows version, or you can just use a Mac from your local Apple Store.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy0x52 View Post
    anyone else enable to get Pwnage 2.0 to actually launch?

Leopard 10.5.4 on Intel Macbook Pro here
    I can't even launch Pwnage 2.0 either. It starts up, but just sits in the dock and nothing pops up... then I have to force quit.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    cant wait to get my iphone they are sold out in whole Texas

Quote Originally Posted by ajustcircle View Post
    i never have had good luck with hacktivating my phone with pwnage, at least the first version. i opted out of it. there shouldn't be a need to use it if you're on at&t AND the activation servers aren't down.
    I do the same and have never had an issue
    I just unclick it

Why the hell dose it make you start all fu#@king!!! over again!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRalat View Post
    What is DFU Mode.., I hate that they put this out and put no info in how to use it!!
    they already said that the guide will b up soon. And also DFU mode is the most basic thing to do and u should know how to do it if u have iphone unlock/jailbroken. Oh, maybe you didnt do it urself.

Go read the tutorial..!!

i just need help i dont know what i am doing or did wrong...guess having my iphone on tmo is screwed

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hozay09 View Post
    I don't understand what that means I have an OTB iphone 3G & my itunes is 7.7. As I use the pwnage tool as soon as I get passed the phone selection screen it states it cannot locate a ipsw file and asks me to download it. I download the zip file & while I try to open it it asks for a password I can't even go through expert mode or anything
    Read carefully... Just download from iTunes. Start itunes, click File->Check for Updates and when the dialog box appears choose Download Only. Next run pwnage tool...

i'm all for using cydia, i just wish their was a source editor. i know i could go and add them to the file, but i've grown lazy thanks to installer's source editor.

and finally got a successful pwn. yay!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

It should work for windows users if someone will post the ipsw file for them to restore to.

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast