+ Reply
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage 2.0 Released - 3G/2.0 is Jailbroke!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
okay i just pwnaged my phone and everything went smoothly but once itunes restarted and synced i did not get the cydia logo on my home screen.. has this happened
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

okay i just pwnaged my phone and everything went smoothly but once itunes restarted and synced i did not get the cydia logo on my home screen.. has this happened to anybody else??

Thanks

did u make sure you had it checked during the creation of the custom software?

WoW + iPhone = Powned.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so i've tried jailbreaking/pwning my phone about 3 separate times now, and keep coming up with the same problem: my phone won't activate!! yes, i've made sure that preference was checked when i built my custom ipsw; yes, i restored in dfu mode with my custom firmware; yadda yadda yadda. does anyone have a way to remedy this huge problem?

Thanks

not to be negative , but cydia sucks and pwnage is not the greatest either. how about some ziphone and installer action i will be happy!!!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yuhooo...
    I jailbroke/unlocked my 1st gen iphone. I am running on windows(vista) and never pwn my phone before. Also, I had upgraded my iphone to 2.0 on 10th July. I just copied the x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw to Device Support folder(deleted all the contents which were there previously). Put the phone in DFU mode, then restored with custom restore ipsw file. I was quite skeptic... but it worked....

P.S. I also bought the 3G phone on 12th but haven't tried to do the same thing on it yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tdub View Post
    not to be negative , but cydia sucks and pwnage is not the greatest either. how about some ziphone and installer action i will be happy!!!!!!!
    Did you even READ the thread?
    Installer is not yet 2.0 ready. Pwnage is the only option for jailbreaking at this time (and easily the safest route)
    No ZiPhone, Zibri hasn't managed to steal the code yet. ZiPhone is evil, anyway.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you are having problem of repeatitive restart after pwning your iphone, then your custom restore is corrupted due to wrong baseband files. Correct baseband files are of 10 mb. You can download right baseband files from RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
    and make new custom restore file....
    OR
    you can download already working custom restore file and just restore it with itune in DFU mode.
    Custom restore file can be downloaded from this page :
    iPhone 2.0 pwnage on windows / iPhone Releases

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default The Dogs Bollocks
    You guys are f**kin amazing. Nice work and big thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

question: i just purchased a 3G phone through direct fulfillment meaning i wont receive it for a few weeks at the most. they said they will require that they activate it in-store. i read the tutorial but i dont have a definitive idea that the pwnage works with phones already activated in-store. anybody know for sure?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi. I unlocked my iPhone 1G on Mac OSX using PWNage 2.0. It works fine for me, it's just i get Contacts on my home screen which you only get on the iPod Touch. Contacts on the iPhone is in the phone section. Please can someone help me try to get rid of contacts as i do not need it on my home screen and want to put and application in it's place instead of having two home screens. Also, it would be interesting to know if anyone else got this problem, as it may be a glitch! Thanks in advance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default v2.0
    is it possible to get the pwnage 2.0 for pc! thanx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FreeMyIpodTouch View Post
    All of the updates on all of the 2.0 pwnage news and more at The Apple Hack

Happy Modding
    Well at least you have a link back to modmyi

iPhone? More like MyPhone 808mp5's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by richardjones101 View Post
    Hi. I unlocked my iPhone 1G on Mac OSX using PWNage 2.0. It works fine for me, it's just i get Contacts on my home screen which you only get on the iPod Touch. Contacts on the iPhone is in the phone section. Please can someone help me try to get rid of contacts as i do not need it on my home screen and want to put and application in it's place instead of having two home screens. Also, it would be interesting to know if anyone else got this problem, as it may be a glitch! Thanks in advance.
    the contacts icon is part of the 2.0firmware... im sure there gonna come up with something soon to remove it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I unlocked my iPhone 1G on window . if you are window user and need help . visit this site

Valery’s Mlog - Mindlog of a Freak iPhone 2.0 Jailbreak for Windows

Thanks

i also unlocked my 1g with windows and my phone wasnt previously pwnd it was jailbroken/unlocked 1.1.4 with Ziphone...I just downloaded the first winpwn and downloaded 1.1.4 firmware...then simply opened the pwnd program and loaded 1.1.4 and pressed the ipwn button...when it finished i put the phone in RECOVERY MODE! not DFU mode then opend iTunes and it of course opend with the message about detecting a phone in recovery mode and i simply pressed the shift button plus restore and selected a custom firmware that COSMO uplaoded for our use earlier. It completed the process successfuly with NO errors.....THANK YOU "DEV TEAM" AND COZMO..

i just wish there was a way for me to jailbreak my iPhone 3G without a mac right now but oh well guess ill just have to wait on winpwn 2.0 for that
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Thanks

cydia and pwning sucks sorry...it just slipped out. Waiting for a true hack and installer.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default IPhone Weirdness After 2.0 Pwnage Applied
    I had 1st gen IPhone unlocked using IFunstatic, Independence, etc. I was able to unlock using Pwnage 2.0. My IPhone has been exhibiting weirdness when trying to using my BMW's bluetooh (COMMUNICATION) to use IPhone as hands-free phone and IPod connection (ENTERTAINMENT) listening to IPhone's playlist thru car's speaker system. I've reset IPhone several times when the IPhone's display doesn't respond. I'm going to try re-pwning my IPhone using 2.0.1. update, hopefully that will help.

[UPDATE: 07/23/08 - I contacted BMW Customer Service and they indicated that the BMW bluetooth and IPod/IPhone functionality is not compatible with Apple 2.0 software. They also indicated that there is on method to upgrade the BMW bluetooth and IPod connection to be compatible with Apple 2.0 or IPhone 3G versions. So the BMW setup is not future-technology proof. So, I'm going to resort to using my standalone IPod and my IPhone as a separate bluetooth "phone" -- no IPhone music/podcasting

Here's a link to the information I found at www.wireless4bmw.com
    http://www.wireless4bmw.com/info/Cin...e_03.21.08.pdf
    Last edited by BustAGroove; 07-23-2008 at 05:38 PM. Reason: BMW doesn't support IPhone 2.0 or IPhone 3G versions

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am getting the problem with repeating reboots that only show the loading icon, it never reaches a home screen. Tried to go from 2.0 to Pwnage 2.0 Followed "fredericks" directions on the Dev site and still no luck

Thanks

so quick question, if I use a friends MAC computer to unlock my phone, can I then use my windows computer to sync with iTunes and everything else?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    for sure...THX