Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage 2.0 Released - 3G/2.0 is Jailbroke!

Quote Originally Posted by asae View Post
    Great to hear that! no installer yet for 2.0 firmware. I guess its still being worked, lets pray and patiently waited for that great moment to come - just like today
    Thanks alot for the help mate! and Thank you DEV TEAM

I think "CYDIA" is the 2.0 version of Installer, no? If so, the packages on my iphone are empty

-Joey
    http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/4/3/20/f_neweststsm_cb09d96.jpg

iPhone? More like MyPhone KingRedmer's Avatar
    Thanks

Am I correct to think that the iPhone has to be pwned to load hacked firmware? In that case as a windows user could I downgrade to 1.1.4, pwn my phone then shift+click upgrade to cozmos' uploaded firmware? Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by KingRedmer View Post
    Am I correct to think that the iPhone has to be pwned to load hacked firmware? In that case as a windows user could I downgrade to 1.1.4, pwn my phone then shift+click upgrade to cozmos' uploaded firmware? Any help would be appreciated.
    yeah, to be on the safe side that what I did.

1.1.4 unlocked with ZiPhone(Previously). Restored the original 1.1.4, then I "pwned" it. After the pwn, "shift+click" restore and select the custom firmware by Cozmos (Nice work!).

So far so good, got scared cause my Visual Voice mail didn't work... then it started to work later.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyDee View Post
    Thanks alot for the help mate! and Thank you DEV TEAM

I think "CYDIA" is the 2.0 version of Installer, no? If so, the packages on my iphone are empty

-Joey
    All credits should goes to Dev Team

my understanding is there are 2 streams of 3rd party installer today, cydia and installer. For cydia in 2.0 f/w, you should find some apps which mostly unix related inside, i didn't dare to try it yet.. for installer, if am not mistaken, they are currently workin' on installer 4.0 which supposed compatible with 2.0 f/w.

For me, am happy with the plain 2.0 f/w for now, i can use it to connect to exchange push email, rather than carrying 2 cellphones all the time. I do missed MCleaner tho'
    Last edited by asae; 07-20-2008 at 04:56 AM.

Last question - is there a way I can install "OpenSSH" on 2.0?

I want to log into my iphone to put some files.

-Joey
    http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/4/3/20/f_neweststsm_cb09d96.jpg

Worked great for me with my iPhone 3G. Simple to do when following the instructions in Pwnage 2.0. I did create the /Library/iTunes/Device Support folder first as suggested. It's nice to have it jailbroken again for when the old apps get ported to work with the new firmware. Looking forward to using summerboard and having themes again. All will work out if we are patient.

Default Windows OS Users Guide
    Working Windows OS Users guide:

Index of /pwned

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcallister For This Useful Post:

PNXRMX (07-20-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by jmcallister View Post

Index of /pwned
    Sorry if the question already is answerd. But can i jailbreak my Ipod Touch using these files? im on 2.0 already.

Again, sorry if the question is answerd already.

The website seems to be down.
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

? Ive been running hacks provided by this site and other sites since last year. I have a question i bought the the iphone 3g and i gave my old one to my bro . I jailbroke and unlocked the phone with ziphone. My bro is on at&t and i heard that iphone 2.0 excepts regular at&t sim cards . So should i restore his phone to 1.1.4, then pwn it and use custom ispw file . or is the info on the sim cards correct?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by butwhyowhy View Post
    I keep getting stuck after it creates the ispw file. It says it failed to put it into dfu mode. I tried to manually put it into dfu mode but that didn't work either. I also tried using itunes with the firmware they created but that didn't work. Anyone else having this same problem?
    Yes. Same for me. I get the "failed to enter DFU mode message" as well. Putting my phone into DFU mode manually does not help. I've bricked my phone! Damn!

Does anyone know about pwnage tool not working..bounce at the dock and the blue window not appear..then not allow to quit unless 'force quit'..??

Any answer would be appreciated. Im not frustrated cos i know people in MMI is awesome and willing to help each other. I think everybody is having fun right now.

Anyway, Dev team is like an angle for all of us.

Worked perfectly, although I did have to repeat the process about 5 times because I was getting no signal. Everything is now up and running. Thank you everyone involved in this!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmcallister View Post

Index of /pwned
    im trying it right now on my 3g phone

edit: wtf the pwnagetool2.0 is a zip file that cotains a mac os x app, how does that help us windows users?

Thanks

Just open Cydia and do a search for 'openSSH' and then install it.

yea when I try to Download it says I can't do it with safari, I already have at&T but I just wAnt the new applications at should I do? Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyDee View Post
    Last question - is there a way I can install "OpenSSH" on 2.0?

I want to log into my iphone to put some files.

-Joey

Just open Cydia and do a search for 'openSSH' and then install it.

does the cosmo version work with both versions of bootloaders (3.9 and 4.6) or just one o them?

im having the same problem as a few others.. it bounces on the dock and i have to force quit it. i ran one guy's suggestions of the chmod and chown commands, but that didnt help either

hmmm will this pwn tool work on a pc that is running a mac os emulater?

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast