Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 32 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage 2.0 Released - 3G/2.0 is Jailbroke!

Finally managed to do it after the Error 6.

Had to put my phone into DFU mode before running the Pwnage Tool, then when it got to the part asking if my phone had been pwned before I selected no (even though it had been pwned before), this brought up the "enable DFU" screen which I hadnt seen before (just kept getting the Fail screen). Turned the phone off (hold down power button for about a minute) and back on and then followed the Pwnage instructions to put into DFU mode again.

The restored the custom firmware in itunes and hallelujah this time it worked

Bootneuter doing its thing as I type.

Quote Originally Posted by cranie View Post
    What password did you use? Alpine?
    The instruction call for root and alpine.. Im unable to get into the phone however

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B MAN View Post
    someone help me, i tihnk i bricked my phone
    Need more info

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    how do i get the restore file that pwnage made for me onto my phone ? i dont know how to get it into itunes , it wont open or do anything

Put the Iphone in restore mode or dfu, Itunes will detect that the Phone is in this mode and ask u to restore, if on a mac hit the option key if on windows hit the shift key. This will allow you to choose the firmware. Go to your desktop pick the firmwate and hit ok. Simple

jailbroke went smooth without any problem..thanks dev team

Of course you know it is taking FOREVER to load right now. Man I am so excited.

Going to take me all night. I will have to create an account to download I believe. I have never used it before. Thanks Cosmo for the upload for the 3g. I will get it soon.
    Last edited by sr20_00; 07-19-2008 at 11:37 PM.
    "Count your blessings. Make your blessings count!"

Is that an iPhone in your pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by pmichos View Post
    NOTE TO ALL: pwnage will not run at all if your phone is not on 2.0 first!!!!!
    that's not true, I just directly upgrade from 1.1.4 to custom 2.0 firmware without loading 2.0 first.

thanks stealth but one more question

Ok on my pwned 1.1.4 1st gen iphone i used the hwinfo app and i have bootloader 4.6 so should i use cosmos first fw or wait for his 4.6 one???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m-klass View Post
    Put the Iphone in restore mode or dfu, Itunes will detect that the Phone is in this mode and ask u to restore, if on a mac hit the option key if on windows hit the shift key. This will allow you to choose the firmware. Go to your desktop pick the firmwate and hit ok. Simple
    It must be in DFU mode. Different then recovery. DFU stands for Device Firmware Update mode

Thumbs up You guys Rock!!!
    I upgraded my iPhone when 2.0 came out and have been without it since. I've got it back working now thanks to you. It took a few tries until I went to expert mode and upgraded to 4.6 then it worked first time. I can't say thank you enough.

Untrue. I did it straight from 1.1.4.
    Hmm...

hey does anyone this Apple Power Mac G4 will run this program?

Does anyone know of a resource on this website or elsewhere that someone is keeping track of working jailbreak apps or workarounds or even news regarding progress of various loved jailbreak apps such as Services, SummerBoard, or BossPrefs?

Quote Originally Posted by pmichos View Post
    NOTE TO ALL: pwnage will not run at all if your phone is not on 2.0 first!!!!!
    Not correct. I started from fresh 1.1.4 FW restore. Here is my step-by-step to success. (I am 1st gen, non-legit carrier)

1. Fresh 1.1.4 FW restore in iTunes 7.6
    2. Since my SIM is not supported, I used Ziphone 3.0 to just jailbreak and activate (did not do unlock)
    3. Used Winpwn 1.0 to make custom 1.1.4 FW and restored to it using iTunes 7.6
    4. Now, iphone is unlocked with Winpwn.
    5. on my Mac, used pwnage 2.0 to create custom 2.0 FW.
    6. followed instruction to put my phone into DFU mode.
    7. on my Mac, used custom 2.0 FW to restore iphone in iTune 7.7
    8. working like charm....

it just turned my phone off.

im just stuck holding the home button?

is the "slide to power off scrren supposed to come up?

outstanding DEV TEAM!!! i just jailbroke my 1st gen iphone 2.0 firmware and passed it to my wife

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gwarf420 View Post
    Does anyone know of a resource on this website or elsewhere that someone is keeping track of working jailbreak apps or workarounds or even news regarding progress of various loved jailbreak apps such as Services, SummerBoard, or BossPrefs?
    Yea, try modmyi.com

Quote Originally Posted by Panth383 View Post
    thanks stealth but one more question

Ok on my pwned 1.1.4 1st gen iphone i used the hwinfo app and i have bootloader 4.6 so should i use cosmos first fw or wait for his 4.6 one???
    I was under the impression his was for 4.6.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 07-19-2008 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by cosmoLV View Post
    Ewerybody who uses my custom firmwares, they are created with PWNAGE tool 2.0 and before you start Put iPhone in DFU Mode - Read This: iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode

After Restoring with this custom 2.0 firmware your bhone will bee noitered, Unlocked/Jailbroaked/(Activated iPhone 2G) --> Automaticly

Works in Windows and MAC
    I am just downloading your custom firmware. I am a windows user and my 1.1.4 phone has been jailbroken,activated and unlocked with ziphone before. Can i also use simply your file to restore in itunes 7.7? or do i have to winpwn?

Quote Originally Posted by cranie View Post
    What password did you use? Alpine?
    login-root
    pass-alpine

under root there is two folders:Library and Media,Media folder is empty,everything is in Library folder like in pre 1.1.3 version
    Last edited by rumcajs; 07-19-2008 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared_Almighty View Post
    it just turned my phone off.

im just stuck holding the home button?

is the "slide to power off scrren supposed to come up?
    Yes. Then the screen will go black.

If the phone is plugged into iTunes, it will tell you that you need to restore...so that's when you know u can let go of the home button

Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 32 ... LastLast