+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMi Public Service Announcement - Malicious Installer Source Warning

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Guys its an 11 year old! Says so on TUAW, his dad was notified and its been taken down. Hope his dad beats him with a belt.
    Thanks

Guys its an 11 year old!
    Says so on TUAW, his dad was notified and its been taken down.
    Hope his dad beats him with a belt.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Even if this kid was 11 he should have enough sense not to put up a source that he doesn't know what it does. And heck I'm only 14 and I was like the first person(behind the original 3) to make my own source.

-Swell

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swell View Post
    Even if this kid was 11 he should have enough sense not to put up a source that he doesn't know what it does. And heck I'm only 14 and I was like the first person(behind the original 3) to make my own source.

-Swell
    O he knew what he was doing. He had the malicious intent of ******* with people's iPhones...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dugg this post. This is a sad development for the iPhone. I hope this is a one time event. But probably not, popular (big number) products are targetted.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swell View Post

-Swell
    Im 15, i wish i had enough time to make my own source Finals have swamped me And that kid knew what he was doing, i'll leave it at that

Thanks

No paradise lost... It pays to read the sites in advance for information on an available application BEFORE downloaded... Caveat Emptor (especially when it's free ) Generally, I won't download until I see enough feedback on an application. Mostly to avoid introducing bugs to phone, but examples like would avoid malicious bugs to phone...

Thanks

Hi guy's I just wanted to let you guy's know that this story made it to macworld.com
    (http://www.macworld.com/article/1314...onetrojan.html) but the sad thing is that they are using false information to make it sound like 3rd party apps are the reason the iphone is getting hacked and this is why apple doesn't support it... but either way i think it's pretty sad that macworld.com would post something that's not accurate and not even ask cash or poetic for exact facts...

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

This kid is NUTZ anyway i would like to make basic Apps for the iphone, but im not good at making th3m
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Doesn't seem right...
    Has Deathhobbit submitted it to Apple so they can take a look? How come no-one has done an analysis of the code?

For those who have been "owned" - why don't you send a copy of the malicious file out to the Internet Storm Center or something???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by non-believer View Post
    Has Deathhobbit submitted it to Apple so they can take a look? How come no-one has done an analysis of the code?

For those who have been "owned" - why don't you send a copy of the malicious file out to the Internet Storm Center or something???
    Leave that kid alone...He is something....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok fine, let's just wait for the next one then shall we?

Thanks

we all ready know what the file does and as there is no antivirus as of yet.

If in doubt about an application you can always ask her or #modmyi on mirc.

As i FOUND IT and passed it to francis and ste they discovered the truth behind it, my suspicion was 1.1.3 is not available and if there was a prep it would be pasted all over the forums so ASK if in doubt.
    Most new applications are advertised or mentioned in the news section so you can always check.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This boy has done 3rd party apps no good. This is the reason why Apple say they do not allow 3rd party apps in the iPhone. Its a sad time for us all... hopefully nobody would be more foolish enough to do such a thing in the future.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So what if you already know what the file does? It'd be nice to confirm it. So far, no-one has been able to confirm the existance of this code with any proof. And thats probably why there is no antivirus coverage for this file, because it doesn't exist. So if francis and stu and deathhobbit (which are the only people who appear to have even seen this so-called malicious file) are going to be responsible they should send their copies of the code to Apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Blaze source
    I installed that Blaze whatever source and it seems to be filled with a lot of "stuff", anyone notice anything else wrong with it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

why is there always some angry douche that hates to see other happy.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234