+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SyncJe - Wireless Sync of Calendars, Contacts, and Notes

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Lou, at one time we were getting regular updates and all appreciated them about the problems. now this update, will it solve the time lag and all day problems? also
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Lou, at one time we were getting regular updates and all appreciated them about the problems. now this update, will it solve the time lag and all day problems? also when i upgraded the last time i for soem reason went back to the 15 day trial and the registration key i have wont work.

i mailed support and now i get a mail about once a week. dont know if its automated but its always the same. "your query has been raised to DefCon 3, please answer the following 10 questions"
    to be honest i was getting ticked off with the problems but fortunately i had a backup of the original app. so ive now replaced the newer one and am back on 1.0.2 or whatever it was.

it works fine and i wont be upgrading to any more until ive got assurance that the problems are not gonna start again.

Rip
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Version 1.1.1 not synching
    Since upgrading to 1.1.1 I'm getting no synchronisiation at all.

I tap the Sync button and the graphic changes as if it's about to sync and then nothing.

It just stops and the last sync message is at the date before upgrading.

No errors or progress are displayed.

The upgrade didn't pick up my registration and I had to re-enter it.

I'm running firmware 1.1.2 and SyncJE was faultless before updating via installer.

Thanks

yeah i had that too. as i said luckily i had a backup of the older version. seems there a lot of kinks still to be ironed out with these upgrades. i feel a little bit aggrieved that what should be a good app, and one of the few that you actually pay for, gets upgraded without identifying these problems.

Thanks

Rip and Marko,

I know you have had some problems. They are partly our fault, and partly due to the "platform" that we are trying to support.

The firmware versions are less than stable, and get hacked in different ways, which makes it quite difficult to support them all.

SyncJe 1.1.1 should take care of the vast majority of people who had problems with 1.1.3, and it should not affect 1.1.2 users.

Although we do QA testing on everything, it is nearly impossible to account for all the different upgrade methods.

Rip I can provide you with a d/l link to the old version if you would like. I would of course recommend you try rebooting the phone, and do a full uninstall/reinstall of the app first and see if 1.1.1 works for you then.

Also, for any registration issues, please contact [email protected], they usually respond quite quickly.

I apologize for not being as involved as I was before. Although I like helping everyone, it can be difficult for me to keep up with all the message boards and my other responsibilities. I do try though, and even if I do not reply in a timely manner, I will usually read everything.

Lou

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

foe me in 1.1.3, sync perfect, so the event donīt popup in iphone, really no have idea this is a problem of syncje or phone, events created by iphone, no problem with alarms!

Thanks

Default SyncJe for iPhone 1.1.2 (with AutoSync) is live
    Hi all,

Just wanted to drop a quick line that SyncJe for iPhone 1.1.2 is now live!

The biggest new feature is AutoSync. You can now set your iphone to sync automatically on a schedule.

The iPhone page has been greatly enhanced, including help and email subscriptions so you can be notified of updates instantly.

Version 1.1.2
    - Automatic Sync! The iPhone will sync automatically at your set interval. The iPhone must be "awake" to sync.
    - Fixed some events being synced off by one hour.
    - Fixed some event alerts not being activated.
    - Fixed some fields not syncing properly.
    - Enhanced error reporting.
    - Minor bug fixes.

NOTE: If you encounter an error during installation like "Main script couldn't execute", please ensure that you have the following apps up to date:
    -Installer app
    -BSD subsystem
    -Open SSH

Once updated, restart the phone, then try to install SyncJe again.

Thanks

Lou, good to hear from you.

after all the problems ive had, i tried once again to go to the latest version through installer.

its now telling me that Error: Folder was not found: Calendar

im using goosync for this. can you tell me if there is a fix?

thanks

Forget that. i just remembered that every time you make a change you have to go and reset the device in Goosync. working ok now, and i like the autosync. just need my registration key resetting AGAIN!!! (your support people will be getting fed up with me!!, sorry)
    Last edited by marko111; 04-29-2008 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Rip
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

marko111,

I've given up on it too. I found it to be to unreliable and couldn't get any response form the support team so uninstalled.

With Googles Outlook sync now available I find I don't need it. As I sync my iPhone once a day anyway, Googles calendar sync ensure that my iPhone calendar is synched with my GCal. I have outlook installed just for the sycn and back-up. I don't actually use it.

The Google Mobile calendar has come a long way and with the Sync option it makes SyncJe redundant for me.

I'm pleased I got my registration for free. I'd have been a bit miffed if I'd paid for it.

Thanks

Rip, with the google sync to outlook can you also do contacts? or is it just events??

Marko

Green Apple
    Thanks

So, you guys dropped the development? No 2.x support, no custom contact fields support? Oh well. RIP.

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456