+ Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SyncJe - Wireless Sync of Calendars, Contacts, and Notes

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by LouN If you have registered previously, then upgraded/downgraded your iphone to a different version, when you try to register again, your key will show as already used
    Rip
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LouN View Post
    If you have registered previously, then upgraded/downgraded your iphone to a different version, when you try to register again, your key will show as already used and will be rejected. Is this the case? If so, PM me the username you registered, and the first 4 characters of your key and I will take care of it.
    PM sent.

Your support is appreciated.

Thanks

Thumbs up SyncJe for iPhone, wireless sync
    SyncJe for iPhone 1.0.3 is LIVE

We have just released an update to SyncJe for iPhone.

Version 1.0.3 includes many bugfixes, and greatly increases compatibility with popular free SyncML servers.

Version 1.0.3 Change Log:
    - Lots of bugfixes
    - UI improvements
    - Improved compatibility with Goosync, Mobical, Scheduleworld, and others...

Upgrading is highly recommended, and free. The installer app should notify you within 24 hours that there is an update available.

There have been some site updates also:

- A new FAQ
    - For those installing for the first time, visit the Installation Page
    - A Quickstart Guide is also available in PDF format. This guide includes configuration settings for a free SyncML server. Other options include Mobical, and Scheduleworld.

If you have comments, questions, suggestions, please reply.

We are still hard at work on bugs, autosync, and more... stay tuned...

---------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by rsalermo View Post
    LouN,

You are doing a great job with all the requests and issues posted on this forum. However, here's another one for you. I switched over to Scheduleworld and my Outlook is syncing fine with Scheduleworld via Funambol. I set put up the SyncJe app on my iPhone and I'm not getting past "authenticating".

Here are my settings:
    URL: sync.scheduleworld.com/funambol/ds
    Username: my scheduleworld username
    password: my scheduleworld password

Calendar: ON
    Folder Name: cal

thanks for the help.
    Your settings are correct, a couple of notes:

Make sure you have the full url: http://sync.scheduleworld.com/funambol/ds

I made a spelling mistake in the url, which caused the same error as you. It seems like a URL issue.

Please make sure your scheduleworld username is the number one, not your email.
    Last edited by LouN; 01-24-2008 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im using mobical and as folder name its vnote and only the first line of my appear to be getting synced

Rip
    Thanks

Hi LouN,

I didn't get the update yet and my registration is still failing.

And now it says my trial period is over.

Is the registration fixed in the new version?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I've upgraded to 1.0.3

I was having the same issue with registration, however I found where and what to insert into the reg_info db to register the program.

I am still having the problem where it stops at "initializing Slow Sync"
    I'm connecting to an Oracle system, the path and url settings are correct.

is there anyway to enable a debug or logging mode to see what's going on? there is a lot of debug message text in the code, so there ought to be a way to see it.

thanks again for what promises to be a fine program.

Rip
    Thanks

Thanks LouN, my registration is now working.

I'm currently using goosync to sync with GCal. The free version only looks forward 30 days, after that it's 20 per year.

It also doesn't sync with Google Contacts directly.

Are there any alternatives that sync both Calendar and Contacts with Google that don't use Outlook?

Additionally, synching notes would be good too. Google doesn't have a synchable notes option (AFAIK) so what else is there?

From what I can see, SyncJE can only manage one login. If would be great if it could support seperate logins and servers for Calendar, Contacts and Notes. I could then use pogonotes or similar.
    Last edited by Rip; 01-26-2008 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Lou, great app this, one of the most useful on the ipod. BUT, having updated to 1.0.3 all events synced from the ipod show up 1 hr later in GCal. all settings are GMT+12 (including Goosync) and it doesnt seem to happen when i add events in GCal and sync them that way.

Also, every time i sync im seeing like 3 received events, even though nothing has changed in GCal.

any help would be greatly appreciated (i also missed the free registration but have no probs paying for it once the trial is up. but the 1hr thing is bugging me)

thanks again

Rip
    Thanks

I'm using Goosync too and I don't experience the timeshift problem. It does sound like a timezone settings problem though.

I too noticed the received events everytime, when seemingly nothing had changed.

Are you using the free Goosync?

What I worked out was that when I synched each day, I had moved forward a day each time because of the 30 day sync limit in the free version.

This explained why there were received events when I hadn't added anything.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

yeah im currently using the free Goosync. and i understand what you say about moving forward a day, but im getting the 3 received events every time i sync.

and the time shifting, i also thought it was a time settings issue, but it only happens one way i.e. ipod to GCal. the other way round everythign is fine so i dont understand that unless its a bug in 1.0.3.
    anyway, Goosync are now doing detailed logging of my syncs and will get back to me with a response, so will update then.

Update, heres the response i just got from Goosync

quote:
    I've checked the sync logs and they show that your device is sending the time incorrectly during the sync process.

Your device did not convert the time of the event into UTC before it was sent to GooSync (it also failed to take into consideration any DST settings).

only seems to have started since i updated to 1.0.3 so hoepfully the developers will see this and have some ideas
    Last edited by marko111; 01-29-2008 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've been having this same problem since day one!

Thanks

Default SyncJe for iPhone, wireless contacts, calendar, and notes sync
    Quote Originally Posted by outlawz85 View Post
    im using mobical and as folder name its vnote and only the first line of my appear to be getting synced
    Will look into this...

Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    Thanks LouN, my registration is now working.

I'm currently using goosync to sync with GCal. The free version only looks forward 30 days, after that it's 20 per year.

It also doesn't sync with Google Contacts directly.

Are there any alternatives that sync both Calendar and Contacts with Google that don't use Outlook?

Additionally, synching notes would be good too. Google doesn't have a synchable notes option (AFAIK) so what else is there?

From what I can see, SyncJE can only manage one login. If would be great if it could support seperate logins and servers for Calendar, Contacts and Notes. I could then use pogonotes or similar.
    Glad to hear its working now Rip, thanks for being patient.

I believe that scheduleworld does, although there are currently problems with it, which we are aware of and working on...

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I've upgraded to 1.0.3

I was having the same issue with registration, however I found where and what to insert into the reg_info db to register the program.

I am still having the problem where it stops at "initializing Slow Sync"
    I'm connecting to an Oracle system, the path and url settings are correct.

is there anyway to enable a debug or logging mode to see what's going on? there is a lot of debug message text in the code, so there ought to be a way to see it.

thanks again for what promises to be a fine program.
    Currently there is no way to enable debugging/logging.

Quote Originally Posted by marko111 View Post
    yeah im currently using the free Goosync. and i understand what you say about moving forward a day, but im getting the 3 received events every time i sync.

and the time shifting, i also thought it was a time settings issue, but it only happens one way i.e. ipod to GCal. the other way round everythign is fine so i dont understand that unless its a bug in 1.0.3.
    anyway, Goosync are now doing detailed logging of my syncs and will get back to me with a response, so will update then.

Update, heres the response i just got from Goosync

quote:
    I've checked the sync logs and they show that your device is sending the time incorrectly during the sync process.

Your device did not convert the time of the event into UTC before it was sent to GooSync (it also failed to take into consideration any DST settings).

only seems to have started since i updated to 1.0.3 so hoepfully the developers will see this and have some ideas
    Will look into this... which firmware are you using?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Lou,

I should be on your payroll by now after all the info I've given to your support guys about various issues. In any case, I can attest to the fact that SyncJe does not work after the update to FW 1.1.3 on the iPhone, as soon as I click on the app icon it crashes and sends me back to the springboard.

Problems with your software:

1) I get randomly duplicated contacts.
    2) For some reason event properties on the calendar are not supported, namely; recurring events (Creates a duplicate and discards the recurrence) and all-day events (some time shifting that extends the event over 2 days).
    3) When you delete an event on your phone, SyncJe should also delete it from the server calendar, instead what it does is restore it. It should be a very simple rule where the latest modification is dominant.
    4) Notes syncong from the phone to the server get truncated (no special characters used if you were wondering), notes coming from the server to the device are fine.

FYR: I have Mobical, and they are the best out there.
    Last edited by apples2apples; 02-03-2008 at 01:36 AM.

hal
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Working perfectly for me now in 1.1.3 and with Goosync.

I think an automatic sync function would be very helpful, rather than a manual sync.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hal,

Did you upgrade to 1.1.3 with iTunes? or with DevTeam's app? Are you syncing notes?

hal
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apples2apples View Post
    Hal,

Did you upgrade to 1.1.3 with iTunes? or with DevTeam's app? Are you syncing notes?

Neither - I did it with Nate's app.

I am not syncing notes, just contacts and calendar, which work fine - I don't think Goosync has a notes function.

Thanks

Default SyncJe for iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by hal View Post
    Working perfectly for me now in 1.1.3 and with Goosync.

I think an automatic sync function would be very helpful, rather than a manual sync.
    Working on the autosync...

Good to hear you got it all working hal.

Quote Originally Posted by apples2apples View Post
    Lou,

I should be on your payroll by now after all the info I've given to your support guys about various issues. In any case, I can attest to the fact that SyncJe does not work after the update to FW 1.1.3 on the iPhone, as soon as I click on the app icon it crashes and sends me back to the springboard.

Problems with your software:

1) I get randomly duplicated contacts.
    2) For some reason event properties on the calendar are not supported, namely; recurring events (Creates a duplicate and discards the recurrence) and all-day events (some time shifting that extends the event over 2 days).
    3) When you delete an event on your phone, SyncJe should also delete it from the server calendar, instead what it does is restore it. It should be a very simple rule where the latest modification is dominant.
    4) Notes syncong from the phone to the server get truncated (no special characters used if you were wondering), notes coming from the server to the device are fine.

FYR: I have Mobical, and they are the best out there.
    Let me try to go through the problems you are having one by one:

1. So there is no pattern to this that you can see? After a few syncs a contact or two get duplicated, or all get duplicated?

2. We are aware of some recurrance issues, as you have described. I thought they were sorted out in 1.03, but maybe that is 1.04. Will check on it...

3. This is a server setting. The way syncml works is that the client is basically dumb, it sends all changes it has to the server. The server then looks at what the client said, and uses its conflict resolution logic to decide what to do with what the client sent. The logic is usually something like, server wins, except if the update is newer. The server then sends back its updates, including readds if it determines that the client should not be updating the server. It sounds like in this case, the client is telling the server to delete the contact, but the server decides no thanks, and sends it back to the client, so it gets readded. Anyhow, I'll check it out, main point is that it is the server that has the final word on what happens.

4. We are aware of this one, it is a tracked bug. Prior to 1.03, syncing notes with mobical did not work at all. Progress at least...

Thanks for the reports apple. There are still bugz, and I appreciate your patience while we get them sorted out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks lemme know if u need any of my info

Thanks

deleted.
    Last edited by marko111; 02-07-2008 at 05:18 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I really would love to use this app but unfortunately on 1.1.3 it doesn't work

Thanks

Default SyncJe for iPhone 1.1.1
    SyncJe for iPhone 1.1.1 is LIVE

We have just released an update to SyncJe for iPhone.

Version 1.1.1 changelog:
    - Works with all iPhone firmware up to 1.1.3
    - Lots of bugfixes and better error messages
    - Major improvements with Oracle compatibility
    - Enhanced system file management during and after a sync
    - Rewording of the app description and post install instructions
    - Better recurrance handling

Upgrading is recommended, and free. The installer app should notify you within 24 hours that there is an update available.

If you have comments, questions, suggestions, please reply.

Quote Originally Posted by canadoc View Post
    I really would love to use this app but unfortunately on 1.1.3 it doesn't work
    Should work now.