+ Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 110

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: SyncJe - Wireless Sync of Calendars, Contacts, and Notes

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hi all, We have just released Version 1.01. The changelog is below, with the biggest difference being the new GUI! Version 1.01 - new UI ! - SSL support -
...
  1. #61
    Developer LouN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default SyncJe for iPhone Version 1.01
    Hi all,

    We have just released Version 1.01.

    The changelog is below, with the biggest difference being the new GUI!

    Version 1.01
    - new UI !
    - SSL support
    - More recurrence issues resolved
    - Bugfix for waking from sleep on GPRS/EDGE networks
    - Better support for GooSync
    - More verbose error messages
    - Some crashing bugs fixed

    We expect the majority of the compatibility issues to be sorted out with version 1.02 early next week. (We are not just working to make it pretty, it just happened that we were working on it already, and it was finished before all the bugz. Seems like a shame to hold it back.)

    Quote Originally Posted by raulr View Post
    Tzones is not their wifi hotspots. Sync works fine for me over wifi. T-mobile has two internet plans: Full internet for $20 and Tzones mobile web for $6. Both are EDGE services. The T-zones plan I'm referring to uses PROXY 216.155.165.50:8080.

    I'm syncing to goosync. Again everything works fine over wifi, it's just connecting over edge that's the issue.
    Sorry, I misunderstood. We fixed a bug with EDGE in 1.01 that may fix this, can you upgrade and try again?

    Quote Originally Posted by ALS View Post
    Anyone having trouble getting the latest version to upgrade over installer? I see it in the update list but keep getting a package download failed. First time that ever happened.

    Also, it seems all day events are syncing now from Google to phone, however, I have a few multi-day events that aren't making it over via goosync and Google Calendar to iphone. (Vacations that I put in as a day range). Possible bug?

    A.
    Sorry, this was me. In updating the site I broke the ota download. Should be fixed now.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to LouN For This Useful Post:

    ALS (01-12-2008)

  3. #62
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The new version takes care of the SSL problem, Thanks
    one more hurdle: while attempting to sync with oracle, it passes Authentication, and hangs at "Initiating slow sync"

    I've let it sit for over 15 min. a couple of time, and it seems that it is dong nothing.

    thanks again.

  4. #63
    ALS
    ALS is offline
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Lou, you guys rule. Wow is the new interface ever beautiful. Such a neat idea to mirror the stock apps. If only more apps did this!

    I still did not get the app to sync download my multiple day appointments (vacations) with Goosync. This is from Google Calendar TO the Iphone. This may just be a limitation of what you can do with the iphone calendar, I dunno if the phone can even hold multi-day events but you assume it can.

    Single day all day events seem to come in just fine.

    Thanks again, this is a must-have app for all.

  5. #64
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ALS View Post

    I still did not get the app to sync download my multiple day appointments (vacations) with Goosync. This is from Google Calendar TO the Iphone. This may just be a limitation of what you can do with the iphone calendar, I dunno if the phone can even hold multi-day events but you assume it can.

    Single day all day events seem to come in just fine.
    I also have the same issue. For example, I have a multi-day event that starts in the evening next Friday and continues until Monday evening. It appears fine in Google, but only shows up as a 1/2 hour event on Friday and that's all.

    Additionally, I'm still having the time zone issue -- all of my events come in from my Google calendar onto my iPhone one hour late. I have checked and my phone, GooSync, and Google are all set to GMT -5 (US Eastern Standard Time). Anyone else experiencing this?

    Any word on Plaxo? This is the only service I've been able to find that does a good job of syncing my home Mac and work PC (Outlook) to the same location. Their sync plugins for Mac & PC work perfectly, which is awesome as they're free. However, since they don't seem to have working SyncML support, I have to sync Plaxo to Google, and access Google from my iPhone through GooSync. Having my data pass through so many servers makes me a little uncomfortable, but what's more Plaxo doesn't sync multiple calendars to Google (although they used to). So for now, only my work calendar can be synced down to my iPhone. Does anyone else in my situation have a better solution?

    My compliments on the new interface; it looks great! Any chance that you can provide a means to automatically sync periodically? I'd even be happy to set up the launch daemon if Nexthaus could provide command-line access to the sync portion of the app.

  6. #65
    Developer LouN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    The new version takes care of the SSL problem, Thanks
    one more hurdle: while attempting to sync with oracle, it passes Authentication, and hangs at "Initiating slow sync"

    I've let it sit for over 15 min. a couple of time, and it seems that it is dong nothing.

    thanks again.
    I will look into it... are your folders set correctly? Oracle folders are a bit different than most...

    Quote Originally Posted by lh99 View Post
    I also have the same issue. For example, I have a multi-day event that starts in the evening next Friday and continues until Monday evening. It appears fine in Google, but only shows up as a 1/2 hour event on Friday and that's all.

    Additionally, I'm still having the time zone issue -- all of my events come in from my Google calendar onto my iPhone one hour late. I have checked and my phone, GooSync, and Google are all set to GMT -5 (US Eastern Standard Time). Anyone else experiencing this?

    Any word on Plaxo? This is the only service I've been able to find that does a good job of syncing my home Mac and work PC (Outlook) to the same location. Their sync plugins for Mac & PC work perfectly, which is awesome as they're free. However, since they don't seem to have working SyncML support, I have to sync Plaxo to Google, and access Google from my iPhone through GooSync. Having my data pass through so many servers makes me a little uncomfortable, but what's more Plaxo doesn't sync multiple calendars to Google (although they used to). So for now, only my work calendar can be synced down to my iPhone. Does anyone else in my situation have a better solution?

    My compliments on the new interface; it looks great! Any chance that you can provide a means to automatically sync periodically? I'd even be happy to set up the launch daemon if Nexthaus could provide command-line access to the sync portion of the app.
    There are a couple of recurrance bugs we are aware of, which we are close to fixing and I think may fix your issue.

    As for Plaxo, I have posted on their support forums, but from what I can tell, SyncML is not currently supported. There are many requests for it, so it sounds like they may add support at some point.

    Auto-Sync is coming, but first we are working to get through the first batch of bugs that have been reported.

  7. #66
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LouN View Post
    Sorry, I misunderstood. We fixed a bug with EDGE in 1.01 that may fix this, can you upgrade and try again?
    Still no go for me over EDGE. Thank you for your efforts anyway.

  8. #67
    Rip
    Rip is offline
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    293
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 31 Times in 27 Posts

    Default Registration failure
    I thought I would post here as all I'm getting from tech support is automated replies.

    Since upgrading my iPhone from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and upgrading to to the new version of SyncJE, I get a registration failure when I try to register. The failure comes up instantly, as if it's not even checking with a server to validate, even though I am connected. This is the same using Edge or WiFi.

    Additionally, when attempting to sync I get "Alert command was not accepted".

    All was working beautifully before upgrading to 1.1.2, though I upgraded to SyncJE at the same time so cannot confirm if the old version worked with 1.1.2.

    Thanks in anticpation of help.

  9. #68
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Get Error saying "Alert Command Was Not Accepted"
    I have tried using goosync and Schedule World and get this error. I tried mobical and it worked ok. Any ideas?

  10. #69
    Developer LouN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    I thought I would post here as all I'm getting from tech support is automated replies.

    Since upgrading my iPhone from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and upgrading to to the new version of SyncJE, I get a registration failure when I try to register. The failure comes up instantly, as if it's not even checking with a server to validate, even though I am connected. This is the same using Edge or WiFi.

    Additionally, when attempting to sync I get "Alert command was not accepted".

    All was working beautifully before upgrading to 1.1.2, though I upgraded to SyncJE at the same time so cannot confirm if the old version worked with 1.1.2.

    Thanks in anticpation of help.
    Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app? The upgrade process may have overwritten a file or something.

    The "Alert command.." is usually due to mistyped folders for the server. I did it myself, used calendar instead of events.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus28 View Post
    I have tried using goosync and Schedule World and get this error. I tried mobical and it worked ok. Any ideas?
    Please confirm you have the folders typed correctly.

    Quote Originally Posted by raulr View Post
    Still no go for me over EDGE. Thank you for your efforts anyway.
    Sorry Raulr, I have no explanation for why it would not work over EDGE. It just times out? (sorry if you explained this before)

  11. #70
    bcc
    bcc is offline
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default contact syncs
    Hello,
    I have managed to sync with goosync for calendar and mobical for contacts and calendar. All other services I tried (funambol, zyb, o-sync) failed.

    Now what I am really trying to do is sync contact to an online service which would sync categories/groups so they show up as group on the iphone. As a plus it would also sync the pictures of the contact.

    Would this work from the client side assuming it does on the server side. Do you know a server which supports such functionalities.

    For your information my view on mobical is that they need to invest on their UI as it is completely unusable as is.

    BCC

  12. #71
    Rip
    Rip is offline
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    293
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 31 Times in 27 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LouN View Post
    Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app? The upgrade process may have overwritten a file or something.

    The "Alert command.." is usually due to mistyped folders for the server. I did it myself, used calendar instead of events.

    Please confirm you have the folders typed correctly.
    Thanks for the help.

    I can confirm that the folder (I'm only using Calendar) is spelt correctly.

    Additionally, this does not address the registration failure I referred to in my previous post.

    I have uninstalled and installed several times.

    Uninstall is not a 'clean' uninstall. Please can you point me to the settting file/folder locations so that I can completely remove it before attempting install again?

    Thank you.

  13. #72
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LouN View Post
    I will look into it... are your folders set correctly? Oracle folders are a bit different than most...
    The folder is set the same as for syncml on the palm ./Calendar/Events

    also I am getting the inability to register. I'm on 1.1.2 if that makes any difference. I was able to register before upgrading both the os and client.

  14. #73
    Rip
    Rip is offline
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    293
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 31 Times in 27 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    also I am getting the inability to register. I'm on 1.1.2 if that makes any difference. I was able to register before upgrading both the os and client.
    TFFT. I'm glad it's not just me.

    I uninstalled and deleted the calendar.dat file from the SyncJe folder and then reinstalled.

    Still the same: Can't register and can't sync. All was fine with the version before 1.01 and 1.1.1 firmware.

  15. #74
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LouN View Post
    Sorry Raulr, I have no explanation for why it would not work over EDGE. It just times out? (sorry if you explained this before)
    Yes, times out. Stays on "Authenticating..." status. One thing I have noticed, and not sure if this may or may not be an issue, when syncing over wifi, "CALENDAR" is highlighted while it initiates syncing, while when syncing over EDGE, "CONTACTS" appears highlighted. My settings only have Calendar set to on. I'm not sure if the highlighting indicates what it's trying to sync and if so, why it's different based on my connection?

    Anyone else using T-zones with T-Mobile as their EDGE internet plan experiencing issues?

  16. #75
    Developer LouN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default iPhone wireless sync of contacts, calendar, and notes - SyncJe by Nexthaus
    Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    Hello,
    I have managed to sync with goosync for calendar and mobical for contacts and calendar. All other services I tried (funambol, zyb, o-sync) failed.

    Now what I am really trying to do is sync contact to an online service which would sync categories/groups so they show up as group on the iphone. As a plus it would also sync the pictures of the contact.

    Would this work from the client side assuming it does on the server side. Do you know a server which supports such functionalities.

    For your information my view on mobical is that they need to invest on their UI as it is completely unusable as is.

    BCC
    We know what the issues are with the other services, and are working to resolve them.

    Categories/groups/pictures can be synced, and like you said, a server supporting them is required. I do not generally sync pics, so I am not sure of which servers support them, but most should support groups/categories in some fashion.

    Typically the online interface of the server is for last resort modifications. The idea being that you use your desktop client to manage everything, since desktop clients are almost always better than any web client. We are working on something that may help with this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    Thanks for the help.

    I can confirm that the folder (I'm only using Calendar) is spelt correctly.

    Additionally, this does not address the registration failure I referred to in my previous post.

    I have uninstalled and installed several times.

    Uninstall is not a 'clean' uninstall. Please can you point me to the settting file/folder locations so that I can completely remove it before attempting install again?

    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    The folder is set the same as for syncml on the palm ./Calendar/Events

    also I am getting the inability to register. I'm on 1.1.2 if that makes any difference. I was able to register before upgrading both the os and client.
    I'm still looking into registration... Thanks for your patience. Testing with firmware upgrades/downgrades can be lengthy.

  17. #76
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    RIP, I had the same issue with "Command not accepted" I figured it out....I actually had to go to my goosync account, and there I saw a log that they were no accepting my IMEI, so I removed my iPhone from the account and re-added it, now I AM syncing.....BUT....

    I am also unable to register. I have a valid user and serial #, but I am failing to register, hopefully LouN might sort that out for us....I have sent an email to support, I am just waiting for a response....Thanks!!

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to muzzman1 For This Useful Post:

    Rip (01-20-2008)

  19. #77
    Rip
    Rip is offline
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    293
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 31 Times in 27 Posts

    Thanks for that muzzman, I can now sync again. It says it's performing a slow sync - I didn't know there was a fast one!

    It's strange how the IMEI was rejected by goosync, as it's not part of the registration.

    LouN - when the is a '&' in my GCal it appears on the iPhone as '&'. I don't know if this is a gosync or syncJE issue.

    So, all we need now is the registration issue resolving.

    I'd like to see the app develop to include automatic/scheduled synching so I don't need to remember to sync.

    Thanks for the support.

  20. #78
    hal
    hal is offline
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I installed and used SyncJe (latest version), with Goosync perfectly for a week or so, but then when I cleared the calendar on my Mac so that I could just use the SyncJe sync, it stopped working altogether.

    What happens is that it "authenticates", then "initiating 2 way sync", confirms "0" sent, then when it says "syncing server --->client" it crashes back to the home screen, whereas previously it would receive lots of entries.

    What am I doing wrong? Is there any way to force a resync? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

    It's a shame as it is a really nice app. The only thing that is missing is autosync a la GoogleSync for blackberry.

  21. #79
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    LouN,

    You are doing a great job with all the requests and issues posted on this forum. However, here's another one for you. I switched over to Scheduleworld and my Outlook is syncing fine with Scheduleworld via Funambol. I set put up the SyncJe app on my iPhone and I'm not getting past "authenticating".

    Here are my settings:
    URL: sync.scheduleworld.com/funambol/ds
    Username: my scheduleworld username
    password: my scheduleworld password

    Calendar: ON
    Folder Name: cal

    thanks for the help.

  22. #80
    Developer LouN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default Wireless iPhone sync for contacts, calendar, and notes
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzman1 View Post
    RIP, I had the same issue with "Command not accepted" I figured it out....I actually had to go to my goosync account, and there I saw a log that they were no accepting my IMEI, so I removed my iPhone from the account and re-added it, now I AM syncing.....BUT....

    I am also unable to register. I have a valid user and serial #, but I am failing to register, hopefully LouN might sort that out for us....I have sent an email to support, I am just waiting for a response....Thanks!!
    If you have registered previously, then upgraded/downgraded your iphone to a different version, when you try to register again, your key will show as already used and will be rejected. Is this the case? If so, PM me the username you registered, and the first 4 characters of your key and I will take care of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    Thanks for that muzzman, I can now sync again. It says it's performing a slow sync - I didn't know there was a fast one!

    It's strange how the IMEI was rejected by goosync, as it's not part of the registration.

    LouN - when the is a '&' in my GCal it appears on the iPhone as '&'. I don't know if this is a gosync or syncJE issue.

    So, all we need now is the registration issue resolving.

    I'd like to see the app develop to include automatic/scheduled synching so I don't need to remember to sync.

    Thanks for the support.
    Please see above RE: registration.

    Automatic sync is on its way. We are currently debating whether to release the new version with autosync now, or wait for some more bugfixes...

    I will add the & issue to the list of bugs to investigate...thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by hal View Post
    I installed and used SyncJe (latest version), with Goosync perfectly for a week or so, but then when I cleared the calendar on my Mac so that I could just use the SyncJe sync, it stopped working altogether.

    What happens is that it "authenticates", then "initiating 2 way sync", confirms "0" sent, then when it says "syncing server --->client" it crashes back to the home screen, whereas previously it would receive lots of entries.

    What am I doing wrong? Is there any way to force a resync? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

    It's a shame as it is a really nice app. The only thing that is missing is autosync a la GoogleSync for blackberry.
    I am not sure exactly how this is working... you clear your mac, sync to google, then sync to iphone via syncje?

    Keep in mind, it should only do a sync of a bunch of entries on the first sync (when it send all data), after that only updates should sync, which usually will not be many. Be careful with deleting all data though, the idea is to keep everything in sync, so if you delete everything in one location, then sync, you may trigger the deletion of all data in the next location, and so on... If you can clarify a bit whats going on, I can probably help you sort it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by rsalermo View Post
    LouN,

    You are doing a great job with all the requests and issues posted on this forum. However, here's another one for you. I switched over to Scheduleworld and my Outlook is syncing fine with Scheduleworld via Funambol. I set put up the SyncJe app on my iPhone and I'm not getting past "authenticating".

    Here are my settings:
    URL: sync.scheduleworld.com/funambol/ds
    Username: my scheduleworld username
    password: my scheduleworld password

    Calendar: ON
    Folder Name: cal

    thanks for the help.
    Hello there Roberto,

    I see that you have done some research since plaxo to find us here...

    I'm at home right now, so I do not have the Scheduleworld settings handy to double check for you. You should definetely be able to get past authenticating, I will check settings tomorrow. We are working with the folks at scheduleworld (and others) directly to work through the problems.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts