Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SyncJe - Wireless Sync of Calendars, Contacts, and Notes

First: thank's for this long expected great app!

But I have some issues with this application:

info: my syncML Server is ScheduleWorld.

sync of outlook (work) for contacts and calendar (with funambol plugin): no problems
    sync of sunbird (home) for contacts and calendar (with syncSW plugin): no problems (most of the time)

sync of contacts from/to iphone and SW: with the native funambol app no problem
    sync of contacts from/to iphone and SW: with syncJe all entries at least with german special chars () are getting duplicated and all this chars are transfered to =C3=96 or similar in the duplicated new entries in the SW db (and after that in outlook).
    sync of calendar entries from/to iphone and SW: with syncJe the same as with contacts and additional some entries even without those chars are after sync dublicated
    and after a lot of sync attempts, all my whole day entries were moved by one day into the future. (but this is not necessarily a result from syncJe)

in this state I can not use this app for sync!

I think, it would be nice as well, if there could be a way, to make a full "overwrite" iphone -> SW or SW -> iphone in case of a contacts db or calendar full of wrong /dublicate entries (like the funambol plugin for outlook)

Thanks for your support and your work!

Quote Originally Posted by LouN View Post
    #2. We were not able to replicate this particular problem. Will keep trying. If you have any more details (unique settings, timezones, or other details about your account) please add.
    I can't reproduce it now either. I'll try again later.
    Patrick McCarron
    iPhone Software Engineer @ Mobileage, Inc

After a long time of testing, then i got it to work but it involved two syncML servers: goosync and scheduleworld.

This is why:

As Goosync cant sync with multiple devices (Clients) from the same account, and needs to have two account before this can be done

Iphone with Sync Je has problems with sync to

Scheduleworld, errors like showing same events multiple time and without titles etc.

Temporary solution untill its has been solved:

Iphone -> Sync Je -> GooSync -> Google Calendar

Google Calendar -> Scheduleworld -> Funabol Outlook Plugin -> Outlook

As above states then the google calendar will be the "glue" between these applications. I know its difficult, but as its for now this will be solution untill more updates on Sync Je is available or if GooSync make it possible to sync between more clients on the same account.

Find my solution here: http://www.sinnathamby.dk/wiki/index...er_med_Sync_Je

Quote Originally Posted by betonmoewe View Post
    I think, it would be nice as well, if there could be a way, to make a full "overwrite" iphone -> SW or SW -> iphone in case of a contacts db or calendar full of wrong /dublicate entries (like the funambol plugin for outlook)

Thanks for your support and your work!
    Try the link from dss below if you are still having problems with SW, it may help.

Similar features do exist, like you said (our Outlook plugin does the same thing), however doing it on a mobile device is much more difficult (for ex, for duplicates each entry has to be checked against every other entry).

Quote Originally Posted by dss View Post
    After a long time of testing, then i got it to work but it involved two syncML servers: goosync and scheduleworld.

This is why:

As Goosync cant sync with multiple devices (Clients) from the same account, and needs to have two account before this can be done

Iphone with Sync Je has problems with sync to

Scheduleworld, errors like showing same events multiple time and without titles etc.

Temporary solution untill its has been solved:

Iphone -> Sync Je -> GooSync -> Google Calendar

Google Calendar -> Scheduleworld -> Funabol Outlook Plugin -> Outlook

As above states then the google calendar will be the "glue" between these applications. I know its difficult, but as its for now this will be solution untill more updates on Sync Je is available or if GooSync make it possible to sync between more clients on the same account.

Find my solution here: http://www.sinnathamby.dk/wiki/index...er_med_Sync_Je
    Nice. This should help folks out there who are having problems, or would just like to have an end to end solution quickly. I have not had a chance to try it myself to confirm that it works, if anyone tries please let us know how it goes.

Thank you dss.

will this sync with yahoo? I noticed that Yahoo calendar add To Do Lists that sync with Outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by burdell1 View Post
    will this sync with yahoo? I noticed that Yahoo calendar add To Do Lists that sync with Outlook.
    I contacted yahoo and the response I received would seem to indicate that yahoo does not support SyncML directly.

You can still sync with them though.

Like this:

Sync iPhone to SyncML server, Sync Outlook to SyncML server. Sync Outlook to Yahoo.

As long as that chain is intact, your yahoo will be synced.

Quote Originally Posted by lh99 View Post
    Is there any way to sync securely? I don't really like the idea of sending my password in the clear.
    You can sync securely, just have to find a syncml server that uses HTTPS.
    Last edited by LouN; 01-07-2008 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I synced with Mobical!

To sync with Mobical.net:
    1) Register account at mobical (to get user name and password)

2) Enter settings in SyncJe
    *Sync server URL: http://www.mobical.net/sync/server
    *Username:
    *Password:
    *Contacts database: con
    *Calendar database: cal
    *Notes database: pnote

Quote Originally Posted by LouN View Post

You can sync securely, just have to find a syncml server that uses HTTPS.
    We use ssl on our oracle server and when I set the url to https://serverort/ocst-bin/ocas.fcgi and press the sync button nothing happens, if I switch it to http://etc it just sits on "Authenticating" as it should because it can't talk to the server.

Other that that, this looks like a very promising development. thanks to nexthaus for the hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    We use ssl on our oracle server and when I set the url to https://serverort/ocst-bin/ocas.fcgi and press the sync button nothing happens, if I switch it to http://etc it just sits on "Authenticating" as it should because it can't talk to the server.

Other that that, this looks like a very promising development. thanks to nexthaus for the hard work.
    I noticed the same thing -- nothing happens when I press 'Sync' with HTTPS in the address line.

Thanks

Unhappy SyncJE+Scheduleworld+Google OK, Lotus Notes not OK
    Hey,
    I'm using Scheduleworld to sync my Google calendar events with SyncJE/Iphone. I had some issues that were related to timezones but after just a few settings(and a few hours), I managed to eliminate it (it was ignore local time or something like that on the syncML server). Now I've checked nexthaus' webpage to see how their SyncML client for Lotus Notes is working. Honestly it doesn't (at least for me). I mean it's still the only app which does not require one to have access to the Domino server settings but unfortunately it only supports Notes v4 and v5. and not my Notes v7. Now as we have Notes v8 at our door-step I guess I will start to manually insert all my calendar events to Google Calendar.
    Should you have any questions on Scheduleworld settings just PM me.
    Again, still the only proper sync app for iPhone and for Lotus as well.
    Thanks.
    Go to SW and take the FP to IF and HS to SW again and check the AH?

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post

I will check it out. I believe most, if not all of our our SyncJe clients are Oracle certified, and handle HTTPS properly, so we should be able to do the same here.

Thanks for being patient.

LouN,

Superb app, just what I've been waiting for.

I am using a free goosync account. You list that the app will sync contacts as well, but all the setup guides tell you to turn off contacts sync when setting up SyncJe with goosync. If I had a premium goosync account that syncs contacts with Google Contacts would SyncJe then sync the iphone? and would this be bi-directional just like the Calendar?

Are there any other hosted, free google to Syncml apps?

Thanks Very much :-)

Since, I wanted to setup my SyncML Server to keep data, I went ahead and configured Boheme on my WebServer. But SyncJE won't sync the 'Notes' with it yet. Can the author help?

but will this allow you to sync your local server with Google Contacts so that you can then sync those with your iphone?

I tried with Contacts also. But SyncJE won't go past 'Authenticating.." in any case with Boheme for me.

Default SyncJe for iPhone and other servers...
    Quote Originally Posted by vinodis View Post
    Since, I wanted to setup my SyncML Server to keep data, I went ahead and configured Boheme on my WebServer. But SyncJE won't sync the 'Notes' with it yet. Can the author help?
    Quote Originally Posted by vinodis View Post
    I tried with Contacts also. But SyncJE won't go past 'Authenticating.." in any case with Boheme for me.
    Does it always get stuck at the Authenticating stage?

I am not familiar with Boheme...

Quote Originally Posted by mr71mb0 View Post
    LouN,

Superb app, just what I've been waiting for.

I am using a free goosync account. You list that the app will sync contacts as well, but all the setup guides tell you to turn off contacts sync when setting up SyncJe with goosync. If I had a premium goosync account that syncs contacts with Google Contacts would SyncJe then sync the iphone? and would this be bi-directional just like the Calendar?

Are there any other hosted, free google to Syncml apps?

Thanks Very much :-)
    Yes, it should sync both contacts and calendar, if your goosync account supports it.

I believe scheduleworld also syncs with google, but currently there are some issues with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mr71mb0 View Post
    but will this allow you to sync your local server with Google Contacts so that you can then sync those with your iphone?
    Well that depends. You can configure SyncJe for iPhone to sync with goosync. You can configure your desktop client (SyncJe for Outlook or other) to sync with google. As for a server? Not sure.. which type of server? Oracle Collaboration servers are syncml capable, but most clients can only sync with one server (either oracle or google, not both).

Default Fails to connect on EDGE
    Is this app like many other apps which don't work with T-mobile T-Zones for internet connectivity? T-mobile has the full internet plan for $20 and T-zones for $6 which uses port 80. I can connect on wifi, but not on EDGE (I'm on the T-zones plan). I get full connectivity over EDGE for Safari, Mail, Installer.app, Weather, Stocks, but no luck with SyncJE, Apollo, Nikotalkie.

Maybe this is the reason others get stuck on Authenticating?
    Last edited by raulr; 01-10-2008 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raulr View Post
    Is this app like many other apps which don't work with T-mobile T-Zones for internet connectivity? T-mobile has the full internet plan for $20 and T-zones for $6 which uses port 80. I can connect on wifi, but not on EDGE (I'm on the T-zones plan). I get full connectivity over EDGE for Safari, Mail, Installer.app, Weather, Stocks, but no luck with SyncJE, Apollo, Nikotalkie.

Maybe this is the reason others get stuck on Authenticating?
    SyncJe should work just fine over T-Zones (I am assuming that "T-Zones" are tmobiles wifi hotspots).

Syncing works over http (port 80) and https (most servers use HTTP, and I would expect that T-Zones support https ports also).

SyncJe also works with the ipod touch, over wifi, so it does work.

If you post a little more detail about which server you are syncing to, i may be able to help.

Tzones is not their wifi hotspots. Sync works fine for me over wifi. T-mobile has two internet plans: Full internet for $20 and Tzones mobile web for $6. Both are EDGE services. The T-zones plan I'm referring to uses PROXY 216.155.165.50:8080.

I'm syncing to goosync. Again everything works fine over wifi, it's just connecting over edge that's the issue.

Anyone having trouble getting the latest version to upgrade over installer? I see it in the update list but keep getting a package download failed. First time that ever happened.

Also, it seems all day events are syncing now from Google to phone, however, I have a few multi-day events that aren't making it over via goosync and Google Calendar to iphone. (Vacations that I put in as a day range). Possible bug?

A.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast