Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SyncJe - Wireless Sync of Calendars, Contacts, and Notes

thanks LouN,
    everything works great except the information synced to my ipod is not what i actually have in my calendar. i dont recognize this information at all. i am definetly signed up for my calender through goosync but it would seem to me that it is on there end since the sync completes successfully.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LouN View Post
    Settings for goosync should be:

URL: http://sync.goosync.com
    username: goosync username
    password: goodsync password

Turn contacts off,
    For Calendar, the folder name is "Calendar" without the quotes

Keep in mind, you will also have to log into the goosync web interface, and change your device there to be the iPhone. Login to https://www.goosync.com/Login.aspx then open My Device and then click on "Change Device…" button and find the iPhone.

Let me know if you still have issues...
    That works great - been testing and sync works both directions.
    Now I'll have to agree with the earlier poster - F***ing Sweet!
    Thanks for the help on here Lou

Just did a short news post on this too, at:
    http://justanotheriphoneblog.com/wor...nc-for-iphone/
    Last edited by patrickj; 01-04-2008 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

LouN, I love this app. Any preferred way we should send you feedback during this beta process? I got a very minor issue, but I'll use it a lot and provide you any feedback I can to help improve it.

#1 - You should make the keyboard slide up over the bottom bar with the Register/About buttons. It offsets the usual position of the keyboard, throwing typing off. Just need a way to make the keyboard go away when not in use.

#2 - Not sure if this is your app, or goosync, but I added an item on Google Calendar. It synced to the iPhone. On the iPhone I changed it's hour forward an hour, and then synced. After that it now shows two items in Google Calendar that start an hour apart from each other.
    Last edited by McCarron; 01-04-2008 at 01:58 PM.
    Patrick McCarron
    iPhone Software Engineer @ Mobileage, Inc

Quote Originally Posted by vinodis View Post
    Did not go past the "Authenticating.." message for me. Any clues?

I too had this problem and found I had spelt Calendar in the SyncJe set up as Calender instead of Calendar

That fixed it. It may or may not be the same for you.

I'm stoked with this and will now pay for the full version of Goosync.

I started another thread earlier thinking that this was not a real forum post, just comments to a news post. It is here:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...083#post143083

I asked for comments there, as well as showing how the new gui will look (it actually looks a bit nicer than this).

BTW, I am not sure if it is generally implied that apps which work with the iPhone work with the Touch, but this one does.

Quote Originally Posted by taxbax View Post
    thanks LouN,
    everything works great except the information synced to my ipod is not what i actually have in my calendar. i dont recognize this information at all. i am definetly signed up for my calender through goosync but it would seem to me that it is on there end since the sync completes successfully.
    Are you using the touch or phone? (It works with both) Im not sure how it could be getting totally different information... If you have multiple calendars or something goosync may not be syncing the right one... hard for me to say though, other than to try checking your setup in google and goosync to make sure its set to the right cal.

Quote Originally Posted by patrickj View Post
    That works great - been testing and sync works both directions.
    Now I'll have to agree with the earlier poster - F***ing Sweet!
    Thanks for the help on here Lou

Just did a short news post on this too, at:
    http://justanotheriphoneblog.com/wor...nc-for-iphone/
    awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by McCarron View Post
    LouN, I love this app. Any preferred way we should send you feedback during this beta process? I got a very minor issue, but I'll use it a lot and provide you any feedback I can to help improve it.

#1 - You should make the keyboard slide up over the bottom bar with the Register/About buttons. It offsets the usual position of the keyboard, throwing typing off. Just need a way to make the keyboard go away when not in use.

#2 - Not sure if this is your app, or goosync, but I added an item on Google Calendar. It synced to the iPhone. On the iPhone I changed it's hour forward an hour, and then synced. After that it now shows two items in Google Calendar that start an hour apart from each other.
    Thanks. I think posting here would be the best way to go about it. Others may be having similar problems. I appreciate the help.

#1. Thanks. Will look into it.

#2. We were not able to replicate this particular problem. Will keep trying. If you have any more details (unique settings, timezones, or other details about your account) please add.

Thanks, and please keep it coming.

I wish iTunes would sync my notes.

Thanks

thats fast support :] ...

i finaally could install it, i had some space problem but didnt even knew it, installer didnt told me so :P , i had to mess up a while, anyway, i created an account on o-syn and i configure it on the iPhone, but nothing happens, just stay on Authenticatin screen, i put the url and folders according to o-sync instructions... any idea?? THX

Default Quickstart guide now available...
    We have made a quickstart guide and updated the installation page.

Direct link: Quickstart Guide

Quote Originally Posted by sebax View Post
    thats fast support :] ...

i finaally could install it, i had some space problem but didnt even knew it, installer didnt told me so :P , i had to mess up a while, anyway, i created an account on o-syn and i configure it on the iPhone, but nothing happens, just stay on Authenticatin screen, i put the url and folders according to o-sync instructions... any idea?? THX
    I will look into osync. For now, I would recommend you try GooSync or Mobical.

Whats the best way to sync both contacts & calendar? I use spanning sync to keep my ical in sync with google, but goosync only does calendar through google and I have troubles keeping my phone/google contacts in sync because plaxo only grabs contacts from google, it doesn't push them to it.

The registration information is not saved.
    The sync does not go past "Authenticating..". Any clues?

Quote Originally Posted by kpishdadi View Post
    Whats the best way to sync both contacts & calendar? I use spanning sync to keep my ical in sync with google, but goosync only does calendar through google and I have troubles keeping my phone/google contacts in sync because plaxo only grabs contacts from google, it doesn't push them to it.
    Pls try with Zyb. You can try the SyncML uri:- http://sync.zyb.com/
    Last edited by vinodis; 01-04-2008 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

AKA pierrechampoux Andis Jackson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Trouble with Mobical
    Quote Originally Posted by LouN View Post
    We have made a quickstart guide and updated the installation page.

Direct link: Quickstart Guide

I will look into osync. For now, I would recommend you try GooSync or Mobical.

Great app! I am trying to sync my contacts with mobical, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Info: Initiating slow sync
    Contacts: Sending
    Calendar: No changes...done!
    Calendar: Sending 8/8... done!

It has been sending contacts for about five minutes now.

I have over 100 contacts- how long will this take? Is it working?

Thanks for your help!

Which is better?? GooSync or Mobical

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I see a google cal subscription, what about 30boxes?

I would absolutly LOVE something that would sync my 30boxes account.

Default Re. Trouble With Mobical
    Quote Originally Posted by pierrechampoux View Post
    Great app! I am trying to sync my contacts with mobical, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks for your help!
    Just wondered if you ever got this to work for Mobical?

I don't have many of my contacts stored on my phone yet but I still have problems with Mobical as well. Though, it doesn't hang at sending for contacts, it shows "sending...done!" Which sounds great, but if I log in to the Mobical website, my contacts are nowhere to be found. So it sounds like nothing is actually being synced afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by pierrechampoux View Post

Thanks for your help!
    Right now there seem to be a couple of problems with it syncing with mobical, and we will get them sorted out. It should be a good server to use once we do, and it should not take us long to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by outlawz85 View Post
    Which is better?? GooSync or Mobical
    Depends on your needs...

GooSync will sync your iPhone with your google calendar (your desktop too if you use SyncJe for Outlook or something also).

Mobical lets you sync more (not just calendar), but does not sync directly to google calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by defmute View Post
    I see a google cal subscription, what about 30boxes?

I would absolutly LOVE something that would sync my 30boxes account.
    I am not sure if 30boxes lets you sync with them. Not that I could find on their website at least. If you know or can find that they are SyncML capable it should work...

Seems like people are fairly happy with SyncJe for iPhone itself, but need some guidence on how to setup end-to-end sync (iphone-server-computer). Maybe I can put together some guides/instructions on how to do that in various scenarios. Would that be helpful?

Default All Day Events Not Showing
    Not sure if it is GooSync or this app, but I noticed ALL DAY EVENTS are not syncing up and appearing on the iPhone calendar despite displaying on the Google Calendar. Regular timed events work great, though.

Thanks for the fantastic application!

A.

I'm still stuck on authenticating. I created a goosync account and authorized them to access my calendar. I have the url in syncje set to http://sync.goosync.com and my username and password are filled in correctly. I have the calendar swich on and the folder name is Calendar. I don't know what else I'm doing wrong or why it won't sync correctly. Any help? Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zipper666 View Post
    I'm still stuck on authenticating. I created a goosync account and authorized them to access my calendar. I have the url in syncje set to http://sync.goosync.com and my username and password are filled in correctly. I have the calendar swich on and the folder name is Calendar. I don't know what else I'm doing wrong or why it won't sync correctly. Any help? Thanks.
    Did you set your device as iPhone in Goosync? And make sure Contacts is listed as Off in SyncJe? I've seen mine fail when I inadvertently left Contacts folder as On ....

Quote Originally Posted by patrickj View Post
    Did you set your device as iPhone in Goosync? And make sure Contacts is listed as Off in SyncJe? I've seen mine fail when I inadvertently left Contacts folder as On ....
    My device is set as an iphone in goosync and the contacts is off.

Well crap, I just tried it again and it seems to be working. Thanks.
    Last edited by zipper666; 01-05-2008 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Well crap, I just tried it again and it seems to be working. Thanks.
    Good stuff - glad it's working - great app ...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickj For This Useful Post:

zipper666 (01-05-2008)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast