Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone Dev Team Still Trying To Unlock 3G

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Great news! Go Dev Team! Woooohoooo!
    Thanks

Great news! Go Dev Team! Woooohoooo!
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

Thanks

This good news for all of us. I like and appreciate that they want a 100% working jb/ul before they release for all the n00bs to screw up their phones with. Imagine what it would be like if they released a somewhat beta version of the tool, n00bs everywhere would screw up their phones, kinda like how they lost their unlock when they upped to 1.2 w/o the go ahead from the hackers/modders
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

iPhone? More like MyPhone oscar25's Avatar
    Thanks

Great to hear. Sounds like the Dev team is putting a lot of time and effort into this. Way to go! I've got a 1st gen phone so I am psyched for this to see how it works.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My take: There are 2 reasons to buy the 3G iphone - 3G and GPS.

Now, that being said, even if you unlock it to work with T-Mobile or someone else 3G would be pretty much useless because T-Mobile's 3G is 1. not ready and 2. apparently in a different frequency. So that leaves you with an unlocked 3G phone with only GPS. Is that worth the $199-$299 + the $300 cancellation fee?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bxbrova718 View Post
    Well, Thank god i have a 1st generation one myself...so does this mean they will at least release the tool and stop making us 1st generation iphone users suffer by checkin this damn site on a hourly and daily basis?
    ur still gonna have to wait for the programs from installer to be porter over to 2.0 so theres no real point in checking out this site every hour for the update, even if you get tool, you will have a jailbroken 2.0 but wont be able to do anything with it, for functionality it will still be couple weeks at least for the jail break to be useful

Thanks

woot woot!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i knew there was a good reason they were waiting. i bet all the people who were cryin are glad the devs waited now!!! i could see alot of people totally breakin their phones if they woulda just threw out a beta and let us discover the bugs for them. even their blog attests to the fact that they are trying their tool against every possible scenario, so they find it, not us!

GO DEVS!!!

still just for mac too huh?
    sucks
    well winpwn should be out just in time for the pwnage 3G unlock

Thanks

Gadzooks !!!

Thanks

I'm lost what's update (b130)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by msb0014 View Post

Now, that being said, even if you unlock it to work with T-Mobile or someone else 3G would be pretty much useless because T-Mobile's 3G is 1. not ready and 2. apparently in a different frequency. So that leaves you with an unlocked 3G phone with only GPS. Is that worth the $199-$299 + the $300 cancellation fee?
    $300 cancellation fee? I thought it was $175

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anyone know that if us PC users can use winpwn to pwn our iphones and then someone using pwnage tool on a mac can make the custom 2.0 firmware and give it to us PC users??
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 07-17-2008 at 04:34 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jasden580 View Post
    Looks like the waits almost over I decided since were all waiting patiently!! But hopeful for the new jailbreak/unlock, I would do some work of my own. Since as I've read the unlock is mac only and I'm on windows vista. I decided to try to dual boot mac osx leopard and vista. After 2 days of downloads and tutorials it works 99%(LOL no sound yet) it syncs my iPhone with iTunes perfecly. I have of installed on an external hard drive for my dell inspiron 1501. Now I should be able to unlock on release day!!! If anyone wants help with this pm me and I'll try my best. But it can be as easy as loading a cd. Or tons of work. Hope I can be of help as I am very excited to have this up and running. I'm running leopard 10.5.1 on a amd machine. Unlock here I come!
    dude i want it, check your pm's

and the guy that asked whats b130, its b103 the 2.0 that came out friday with the 3G iphone,
    the one that was leaked to us thursday was a lil smaller and slightly different.
    both are designated as 2.0 5a347 but i guess the b103 is an addition for the 3G iphone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

"$300 cancellation fee? I thought it was $175"

I think it's closer to $300 (not sure) but I think $175 would not cover the subsidy that AT&T paid for the actual price of the phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well is good news for me cuz i have the 1gen phone and i live in venezuela and right now i cant afford a 3g payin 700$ + shipping.. so thanks for the info guys...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The unlock will be useful to those of us who live outside of the USA though.

Thanks

On my phone so I can't quote you A.T, but for Windows, keep checking WinPwn.com for updates for us Windows users...

Green Apple
    Thanks

"$300 cancellation fee? I thought it was $175"

I think it's closer to $300 (not sure) but I think $175 would not cover the subsidy that AT&T paid for the actual price of the phone.
    if you wait 30 days they dont charge you 300
    299+80+36+175=16GB iPhone + one month free
    thats what i am doing
    i hope they get it done before my month is over!

lets go dev team lets go!
    now i hope their servers dont crash like apples...

Thanks

so us 1st gen users can go ahead and update to 2.0 and the pwnage tool will work just fine to jailbreak correct?

I've been holding off on updating.

Thanks

Ok so i am a current 1st gen iphone user, but i will shortly be upgrading to the 3G model, Now this has worried me slightly about it not being unlocked, They will be able to fix this tho right?