+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: All AT&T SIM Cards Work Now

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
ok this really answered none of my questions... but... i kinda see it... Only if 2.0 is pre activated i see.... hmm gues im waitng for dev team
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ok this really answered none of my questions... but... i kinda see it...

Only if 2.0 is pre activated
    i see.... hmm gues im waitng for dev team

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Is Rogers Sim Card Same as AT&T Sim Card?
    I am in Canada. Will Rogers Sim Card works as well because in the States, it is AT&T, but it becomes Rogers in Canada?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i got an at&t phone from the states before its uk release. been using it on o2 since aug 2007. if i updated to 2.0 would it accept my o2 sim or is it hardwired just to accept native (american) sims? is there anyway of changing the unit location (flash firmware to think its an o2 iphone)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jfmsam View Post
    Now that this cat is out of the bag... here is a new one:

I bought a 3G, signed up for the $30 data plan and activated it normally.

Took the chip out of the 3G, placed it on a 2G and signed up for the regular 2G $20 data plan with the same number.

Took the chip back to the 3G iPhone (it did not require reactivation) and now I am running a 2G cheaper data plan with my new 3G.

Can't escape the contract extension, but saves some $$$ over the long term.
    Since you're paying the old $60 plan on the new iPhone. are you still getting 3G on it for free?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

would this*** work?:
    -purchase and activate a 3G iphone under my name
    -put the 3G's SIM card in my old iphone, change the data plan back to $20/mo
    -give the 3G iphone to my gf, she puts her old ATT SIM in the 3G and activates it via itunes, adding the 3G plan.

***-my gf and i are on an at&t family plan
    -i have an original iphone, she does not
    -i'm eligible for an upgrade ($199 3G iphone), she is not (she upgraded recently to another kind of phone)
    -i want to buy her a 3G iphone using my upgrade discount

thanks in advance...
    Last edited by dm_hawk; 07-20-2008 at 11:13 AM. Reason: reformat/clarify

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well i have 4gig 2g jailbroken and unlocked was updated by accident with 2.0 firm so i downgraded back to 1.14. installed go sim card and works i can make calls and go on the internet.
    Code:

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dm_hawk View Post
    would this*** work?:
    -purchase and activate a 3G iphone under my name
    -put the 3G's SIM card in my old iphone, change the data plan back to $20/mo
    -give the 3G iphone to my gf, she puts her old ATT SIM in the 3G and activates it via itunes, adding the 3G plan.
    thanks in advance...
    I want to know basically the same thing... my wife & I have a original & a 3G iPhone. Can I put the 3G sim into the original iPhone, activate the 3G sim with the old plan, and use it in the 3G iPhone? My old sim works in the 3G iPhone no problem, but I don't want to end up with 3 plans, or extra fee's. Has anyone tried this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So does this mean I can upgrade my 1G (jailbroken) iPhone through iTunes (to 2.0) with my regular (family plan) Cingular SIM in it and it will work without jailbreaking?

Again, noob here. Be kind.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Mmmm. Im thinking on how to save money on a long run and how to buy the iphone. What if I go to a apple store or ATT and buy two iphone with contract that will be $200 each and then a couple weeks later I say I lost them and they charge me with a penalty $175 each. Then next month I go to ATT and buy two new cheap 3g $40 each phone with a cheap family plan and take the simm card out and use it in the 3g iphone... How that sound?? Do it work?? What is wrong with this picture?? Any sugestion??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i had a blackjack 2 on att under my moms plan and i used to pay $50 a month for unlimited 3g data, like 300 rollover minutes a month, unlimited night and weekends, and 250 texts.

now i have a 3g iphone under my dad's plan and i pay $50 a month for unlimited 3g data, like 300 rollover minutes a month, unlimited night and weekends, and 250 texts.

when i pwned it, i sshed into it and checked the gprs settings plist to make sure it wasnt connecting to some new server att had created to deal with the new 3g trafik and find 3g iphone users who had tried to cheat them out of their money and i didnt find any differences so there shouldnt be anyway for att to find out that we're using a different data plan. however the way att determines what fone we have is by the imei number (when connected to the interent) so there is still a way for att to overcharge us.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So basically you just dont connect to the Internet??

Green Apple
    Thanks

3G is bogus in the US anyway. I have to turn the 3G off to get any kind of reception.
    As soon as i turn it on i lose all reception. That is ATT sticking it to us a little more.
    3G is not even close to 3G speed. The $$ they collecting from us for the service will be used to build the service.

Steve Jobs should have had a HUGE * next to $199.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a 3g iPhone on a gophone $20 data plan, only compication I ran into is that Att kicked 20 bucks back to my balance.. Wait no that's a good thing. But yes it does work great 3g and all

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joseruinyc View Post
    omfg lmaol the best quote ever.... peace (who said anything about t-mobile) lol keep up the good work.. half the people in here are dumm as rocks. peace
    I busted a gut on this comment as well and still laughing! LOL

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You are right. I have 5 iphones 3g for my home business - I activated at att store here in oregon state, usa. When I came home, I put my personel sim card (from my att tilt phone) into the iphone and it works fine without any problem.

I tested it on all 5 iphones 3g (2 iphones 3g 16gb and 3 iphones 3g 8gb) and worked without any problem.

So, I can confirm to all iphone addicted people that any sim card from ATT will work on your iphone 3g.

I can post the video if anyone still have doubt.

tititech

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

This is what I tried as well.... I took my sim card from my 3G and put it in my first iphone and it worked as well..... I was also able to connect to itunes and install apps on it.. itunes recognized it as my first iphone but it is letting me install apps and it works just like before using my 3G sim card..... it did not ask me to activate...

So now I can install my apps on both phones.... and sync both phones using a different name for each phone instead of signing in with a new account... but can only use one phone at a time to talking and such.... but I am happy that I can use my first phone for an ipod at this time.....

The worst part about this all is I have to pull the cases off from each phone to use the same card to go into itunes to sync them... wish there was another way. Or maybe I am not getting it yet here...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I unlocked my iphone 1g using Ziphone and the unlock worked successfully but when I put in my AT&T sim card my phone does not recognize the sim card. I see 4 dots and after some time it says no service. Could some one please tell me how to get the AT&T service back on my Iphone..I see Installer and Zibris Blog on my home page and I got a message after I ran Ziphone Do It All that my iphone is unlocked successfully.

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345