+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: All AT&T SIM Cards Work Now

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by ssmatt Does a Cingular Sim work? I ask this because before the firmware update to include sudo-GPS my iphone 2G was not required to be unlocked with
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ssmatt View Post
    Does a Cingular Sim work? I ask this because before the firmware update to include sudo-GPS my iphone 2G was not required to be unlocked with that sim. Just jailborken/hactivated was needed for a working 2G iphone.
    i don't know, all i have is my old at&t sim card. you can try it; it's not difficult at all to downgrade back to 1.1.4. just make sure you know the difference between DFU and recovery modes, so you don't freak out about messing up your phone.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bconnor For This Useful Post:

integra93_4 (09-10-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bconnor View Post
    i don't know, all i have is my old at&t sim card. you can try it; it's not difficult at all to downgrade back to 1.1.4. just make sure you know the difference between DFU and recovery modes, so you don't freak out about messing up your phone.
    Wow, I must be really confused. I thought the whole point was that you could take a pay as you go sim or an old att sim and put it into a 3g iphone? It's almost 100% not going to work if i upgrade to 2.0 on my 2g iphone because I can't hactivate/jailbrake/unlock without pwnage 2.0. I will just have an activate screen in itunes.

Unless I'm reading this whole thread wrong?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ssmatt For This Useful Post:

integra93_4 (09-10-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well with my 1st gen iphione i got my SIM from AT&T and activated it over the phone then i put it in my unlocked 1.1.4 phone in order to use Swirly MMS.

The other day i updated to 2.0 and it worked fine with my SIM card as soon as i connected it to iTunes. I was surprised that it worked that way and figured that 2.0 had the feature. My SIM was NEVER activated with iTunes nor was it the SIM that i received with my iPhone.

Does a Cingular Sim work? I ask this because before the firmware update to include sudo-GPS my iphone 2G was not required to be unlocked with that sim. Just jailborken/hactivated was needed for a working 2G iphone.
    Mine worked and you cssan always downgrade back anyways.
    Last edited by MgNate; 07-16-2008 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MgNate For This Useful Post:

integra93_4 (09-10-2008)

Thanks

Wow, I must be really confused. I thought the whole point was that you could take a pay as you go sim or an old att sim and put it into a 3g iphone? It's almost 100% not going to work if i upgrade to 2.0 on my 2g iphone because I can't hactivate/jailbrake/unlock without pwnage 2.0. I will just have an activate screen in itunes.
    Ding Ding Ding DIng......Exactly.....ppl read this post. And i do mean READ......And like i said B4 read the threads title.....All ATT's sim cards work on 3G iPhones only, that includes GoPhone.......nobody said anything about 1st gen iPhone.......
    Last edited by kline1; 07-17-2008 at 12:02 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kline1 For This Useful Post:

integra93_4 (09-10-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone 808mp5's Avatar
    Thanks

Just came back from the AT&T store and talked to one of there consultants... it is confirmed that you can change the "phone/device" from your at&t account to the 1st gen iphone and downgrade your data/text plan back to the $40 one. the reason the sales consultant said it was higher was to level the playing field with the blackberry and other PDA devices that pay a cheaper data plan. He also explained that they get a commission on the 3G data plan and that's why there pushing it. Like i said on the last page when you sign up for the 700MIN Family talk which is the minimum you can simply log into your AT&T account and change it to the cheaper 550MIN Family plan with no repercussions. He also confirmed that any "NEW" AT&T SIM card will work in the 3G phones.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 808mp5 For This Useful Post:

integra93_4 (09-10-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think kline1 is the one who needs to do the reading...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bconnor For This Useful Post:

integra93_4 (09-10-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 808mp5 View Post
    Just came back from the AT&T store and talked to one of there consultants... it is confirmed that you can change the "phone/device" from your at&t account to the 1st gen iphone and downgrade your data/text plan back to the $40 one. the reason the sales consultant said it was higher was to level the playing field with the blackberry and other PDA devices that pay a cheaper data plan. He also explained that they get a commission on the 3G data plan and that's why there pushing it. Like i said on the last page when you sign up for the 700MIN Family talk which is the minimum you can simply log into your AT&T account and change it to the cheaper 550MIN Family plan with no repercussions. He also confirmed that any "NEW" AT&T SIM card will work in the 3G phones.

So I can go to my ATT account online and change my phone to just Iphone from my current 3g and then sign up for a $20 data plan. No ETF that has to be wrong.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pospower For This Useful Post:

integra93_4 (09-10-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

alrite soo...

i have this unlimited min plan from att for 49.99 for yrs... and i DO NOT WANT TO LOOSE it......and i have a cingular 3g sim card from b4 when att took over.... ne ways any one confirm that if that simcard will work with the 3g iphone??? or the only new att cards work??

16. The Following User Says Thank You to stupidfast For This Useful Post:

integra93_4 (09-10-2008)

Thanks

new pwnage tool isnt going to unlock the 3g iphone. ur gonna have to wait even longer for it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to eclipseballer08 For This Useful Post:

integra93_4 (09-10-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I also have an old unlimited AT&T plan for really cheap and I just want to make sure there is no way AT&T would find out that i have the iPhone (otherwise they will cancel the plan.) so just to make sure before I upgrade to 2.0, is there any way that AT&T will know by doing this that I am using an iphone (instead of the old piece of crap LG they think I am using it with?)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to burdell1 For This Useful Post:

integra93_4 (09-10-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by burdell1 View Post
    I also have an old unlimited AT&T plan for really cheap and I just want to make sure there is no way AT&T would find out that i have the iPhone (otherwise they will cancel the plan.) so just to make sure before I upgrade to 2.0, is there any way that AT&T will know by doing this that I am using an iphone (instead of the old piece of crap LG they think I am using it with?)
    Yeah, your phone will send it's IMEI(International Mobile Electronic Device Identification) number the AT&T's system and they'll know you have an iPhone.
    Last edited by MgNate; 07-17-2008 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

22. The Following User Says Thank You to MgNate For This Useful Post:

integra93_4 (09-10-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

But under the unlock/jailbreak method, did it do that then too?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to burdell1 For This Useful Post:

integra93_4 (09-10-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Switching AT&T SIM cards
    I tried switching my sim cards--both active AT&T numbers--after upgrading to 2.0. What I got was the activation screen indicating that I must reconnect to iTunes. I didn't pursue that because I feared I would lose sync data. Is that true, or will it just sync all previous songs, vids, etc. under the new number??

I tried switching my sim cards--both active AT&T numbers--after upgrading to 2.0. What I got was the activation screen indicating that I must reconnect to iTunes. I didn't pursue that because I feared I would lose sync data. Is that true, or will it just sync all previous songs, vids, etc. under the new number?? My 3G is on order--I tried the switch with a 2G iPhone upgraded to 2.0
    Last edited by sagacious1; 07-17-2008 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

26. The Following User Says Thank You to sagacious1 For This Useful Post:

integra93_4 (09-10-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by integra93_4 View Post
    i have the new 3g iphone with at&t. I put in my t-mobile simcard. It says "invalid sim card". It only work with a&tt.

Integra93_4
    wow did this comment make my ****** day sooo much better ty sooo much for the n3wb comment!!!
    30+ Apps Installed And Going
    1.1.4 8GB Iphone
    Jailbraked using Ziphone !!!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to gripdis For This Useful Post:

integra93_4 (09-10-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    sooo what does this mean exactily i can take my iphone (edge/1st gen) and then update it take my ATT sim card stick it in... and activate with no charges to my att bill like no activation chrages or and new plans it will just activate perfectly... not charging me a dime?

it seems too good to be true...

i noticed you can now downgrade back to 1.1.4 but... im alittle warry... i wanna try out the app store and i hate this long wait for a unlock/activate/jailbreaking of 2.0....

Its driving me nuts 3 of my freinds have 3g's waiting for jailbreak one wants t-mobile... and others still use att... but... i can't get mine a t 2.0 there appsstore is kick butt...i want it and willing to drop installer for alittle while just to try it

so thanx for the help in explaining this craziness im confued xD

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Dajax For This Useful Post:

integra93_4 (09-10-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slashwrist View Post
    Ok so I'm still a bit confused. I own a 2gen iphone with 1.1.4 unlocked and jailbroken, but I still use at&t. So from what I just read I can update to 2.0 without locking my phone or have to register it?
    does anyone know if this can be done? i'm curious, i've got a 1st gen iphone at 1.1.4 unlocked/jailbroken, but it's ATT. those apps sitting in itunes are killing me so i was wondering if anyone knows whether or not this is true...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I want to buy a new iphone for my husband but at&t wont let me get a contract bcuz of my credit score...I wanted to use a go phone sim card but they said I can't. Anybody know what I can do? Please help...he really wants an iphone

Thanks

My AT&T Laptop Connect is working fine with my 3G iPhone.
    OG iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and hopefully iPhone 2012 =)

Banned
    Thanks

Default Original Article Updated
    Hi folks, we've updated the original article with new details, you can read it at the link below:

iPhone Owners Freed from Activation, Hacking Details Drop, Bricking Process Detailed (Updated) | PhoneNews.com
    Last edited by Chris Price; 07-17-2008 at 09:21 PM.

Thanks

Yup this post is all true! I bought an iPhone 3G thats already activated from craigslist and I popped in my gophone sim card, restored the iphone (yup restored!) , and it activated!!! now i can use my iPhone 3G with a $20 unlimited data!!!

Any current At&T customer can buy an already-activated iPhone from ebay, craigslist, or from your friend and just put in your own at&t sim card and your good to go!!!! the iPhone isnt locked to a specific sim anymore, its just locked to at&t which is whats normal for carrier subsidized phones!!!
    Last edited by vincentpjimenez; 07-17-2008 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost