Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: All AT&T SIM Cards Work Now

Quote Originally Posted by MReda View Post
    im sorry for asking this, but i get lost so easily..

u guys are talkin about the $200/300 3G iphones, right? so if i buy an 8GB iphone for $200, i wont have to subscribe to a plan to get it activated it if i have a go phone simcard?

and also, if i buy the $600 (if its available and this wud be stupid if the above is true) its already unlocked for any simcard or does it still only accept at&t??

thanks alot
    If you buy an iPhone 3g you have to sign up for the iphone specific plan thus negating the whole point in using your go phone sim. If you somehow find an iphone 3g on ebay with no contract then yes you can just pop that sucker in and off you go

either way, it still only works with/accepts at&t sims sans the pwnage tool

kruejl, the thing I've been asking about is that I have AT&T and an unlocked iPhone with 1.1.4, I want 2.0 but AT&T thinks I have another phone altogether. I don't wanna have the more expensive plans. Basically am I waiting for pwnage or am I just waiting for some unlocking 2.0 tool.

Alright, I tried it and it did not work:

8gb iPhone 2G for which never an AT&T contract was activated, which was on 1.1.4 jailbroken and activated, updated to 2.0, did the activation stuff via iTunes with a normal AT&T goPhone Prepaid card and got the message: "AT&T determined that your current account cannot be used with the iPhone"

Quote Originally Posted by burr1t0 View Post
    I'm waiting on someone to confirm this also. I'm hoping the answer is B.
    Quote Originally Posted by cb2206 View Post
    Alright, I tried it and it did not work:

8gb iPhone 2G for which never an AT&T contract was activated, which was on 1.1.4 jailbroken and activated, updated to 2.0, did the activation stuff via iTunes with a normal AT&T goPhone Prepaid card and got the message: "AT&T determined that your current account cannot be used with the iPhone"
    the answer was A (basically)

Quote Originally Posted by randomopinion View Post
    the answer was A (basically)
    crap!! lies i tell you.. haha i knew it was too good to be true..

thanks guys now I don't have to go through the trouble of updating and downgrading..

Some of you are seriously making this thread too confusing.

It's the same concept of having a Samsung Slm with media net unlimited provisioned sim ($15) in a Tilt or in a blackberry that requires the $30+ data price tag. the speeds will remain the same but the billing will recognize it as the $15 package saving you money.

Okay i currently have a samsung blackjack. Does it use 2g talk? Can i use the plan i have with it on a 3g iphone. Is there anyway i can get the 2g iphone for 199 using my cirrent plan. when i bought my blackjack they made me sign up for one month of the unlimited 3g data to get my rebate. Can i do the same with the iphone 3g. Im not all that worried about the internet i just want it for a phoone and music all in one.
    Last edited by mx708; 07-16-2008 at 06:03 PM.

do you think its possible to go to an apple store with a prepaid att sim card and buy a new 3g with out them doing a credit check?

I can also confirm 2g iphone with gophone AT&T sim card inserted will not activate without creating a new plan etc. in itunes.

cheers

N

Quote Originally Posted by joseruinyc View Post
    half the people in here are dumm as rocks. peace
    Ban.

i can confirm that this will NOT work on old at&t sim's. as in, when at&t was at&t before it was cingular.

Unhappy maybe i got screwed by this news and its so funny
    maybe i got screwed by this news and its so funny but this does not work. i have updated my iphone to 2.0 to work mith my gophone prepaid card with unlimited media net... but it does not work. it requires me to active the phone through itunes and itunes tells me that it is not compatible and i need to call att. the phone worked just fine 2 hours ago.

what im interested in is if the 2g data plan actually give 3g speeds and if they can tell if your actually on a 3g phone. saving $10 would be excellent... also the new 3g family talk plan is twice as much as it used to be which is bull... right after i got my 3g i logged into at&t and change the supposedly 700min family plan(which was required to get the iphone) and switched over the the 550min family plan. but im still paying the damn $30 data and $20 text.

now if i change my phone on the at&t website back to the 2g i should be able to get back my $40 unlimited data and text? and hopefully still get 3g speeds...

hmmm....

i know someones going to try this and save themselves $10...

subbed for the guinea pig to give us more info on this

So basically we can just pass around a almost used up GoPhone Sim Card and everyone's iPhone can be activated legally. Haha, this is the ingenious of AT&T taking it's pathetic role in keeping us tied to to the "Activate in 30 days or we fine you" policy.

Besides the prepay sims, has anyone tried to upgrade to 2.0 on a 2G iPhone, and try to run it with a blackberry sim?

I have a 1.1.4 currently unlocked and I am able to swap out my sim from my corporate blackberry and use the iPhone with no problem. I did have to unlock to get this to work.

I just don't want to upgrade then have itunes overright my bb sim with some different iphone plan.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bconnor View Post
    i can confirm that this will NOT work on old at&t sim's. as in, when at&t was at&t before it was cingular.
    Thanks.....
    I knew it!!!!!! Sounded too good to be true to be able to use ATT Blue SIMS

Quote Originally Posted by amm151 View Post
    Thanks.....
    I knew it!!!!!! Sounded too good to be true to be able to use ATT Blue SIMS
    yeah, i decided to do this only because i knew i could downgrade back to 1.1.4 if i had to. with my sim, it said that it wasn't compatible, with no button to activate or whatever.

then i tried using the new sim that came with my phone. what's interesting is that in itunes 7.7, you don't have the option of setting up a new account. at least not with me. instead, i was only given the option of transferring an existing at&t account over to the included sim. however, when i entered my phone number, it said that my plan is not compatible. oh well, i guess i'll just wait a few more days (hopefully) for pwnage.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Right to sum up everything:

2GIphone users: DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU

3GIphone users: Only works with prepaid AT&T sims.

Now my question is this... I'm from uk and therefore the legit network is O2. Would the same logic work for O2?

My problem is I purchased my iphone from my friend who lived in paris, and is now in NY. He bought a new iphone to use in the US, and sold me his iphone from paris. The sim card inside was for Orange. Now I went to att and asked for a sim card, and they gave me one, and I put it in but it says invalid sim card. So I unlocked the phone, and it still says that. I wonder if upgrading to 2.0 will fix this.

Default Cingular Sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by bconnor View Post
    Does a Cingular Sim work? I ask this because before the firmware update to include sudo-GPS my iphone 2G was not required to be unlocked with that sim. Just jailborken/hactivated was needed for a working 2G iphone.
    Last edited by ssmatt; 07-16-2008 at 10:49 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast