+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g 2.0 iPhone Unlocked via Sim Adapter

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
whats the point of having a 3G iphone wit out the 3G service
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sicilianlove069 View Post
    where do i get that ferrari background
    why don't you call him? :P
    Last edited by timbo; 07-15-2008 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Thanks,

Timbo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iphoneclueless View Post
    On America the only 3 countries with iphones out for sale are Canada, the US. and Mexico.
    The iphone will be sold in Brazil in a couple of months, September maybe... so yep, the video is real, as there is no way that this is a legit unlocked brazilian iphone 3G.
    wrong, what about new Zealand ,Australia and italy? Italy sells an factory unlocked model so do you research Apple - iPhone - Choose a Country

iPhone? More like MyPhone mtwiford's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
    +1

......epic

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a turbosim, so how can I activate the iphone to use it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've always wondered... how do I make my incoming calls like the phone on the right. Mine always show up like the one on the left.

If I'm not clear, here is what I mean. When I get an incoming call it shows it at the top, centered with large text either saying the number (if it's not a contact) or the contact's first/last name with their picture as the "wallpaper".

What I want is for it to show the name of the contact and the status under it, left aligned with the contact's picture on the right.

Here is what it shows on my phone: http://bp0.blogger.com/_8BqjQ3bBqfw/...20/trapped.jpg

And here is what I want: http://www.econectados.com/wp-conten...phone-call.png

Neither of these are from my phone, just grabbed from Google image search. Seriously though, the Apple commercials all show it like the way I want it but it has never given me an option or anything to do that, at least I haven't found it and I've looked so many times it's ridiculous. If you know how, pleaseee let me know, thanks!
    Last edited by RanEnRui; 07-15-2008 at 02:42 PM.

Thanks

you dont have to activate it. It emulates an att sim

......epic

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
    lol, yeah screw the unlock, i want that background
    iLive an iLife

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sure? so I can upgrade my iphone an automatically "unlocked" using TurboSim?

Thanks

you can take an out of the box iphone, use the turbo sim and have a functional phone. Search the forums, there is plenty of info on it from the 1.1.2 unlock issue

......epic

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mtwiford For This Useful Post:

ca.alvear (07-15-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RanEnRui View Post
    I've always wondered... how do I make my incoming calls like the phone on the right. Mine always show up like the one on the left.

If I'm not clear, here is what I mean. When I get an incoming call it shows it at the top, centered with large text either saying the number (if it's not a contact) or the contact's first/last name with their picture as the "wallpaper".

What I want is for it to show the name of the contact and the status under it, left aligned with the contact's picture on the right.

Here is what it shows on my phone: http://bp0.blogger.com/_8BqjQ3bBqfw/...20/trapped.jpg

Neither of these are from my phone, just grabbed from Google image search. Seriously though, the Apple commercials all show it like the way I want it but it has never given me an option or anything to do that, at least I haven't found it and I've looked so many times it's ridiculous. If you know how, pleaseee let me know, thanks!

Dude, the second pic is when you are on the phone with someone, you need call waiting service for that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Perhaps my example was bad.

I meant like this picture: http://www.gadgetstown.com/imgs/0607/iphone_4.jpg

I know there is/was a difference in the interface for this. I've seen it in countless commercials but never in person. Was this something that was never available but shown (and still is)?

The annoying part is that Apple keeps advertising this interface design: http://images.apple.com/iphone/galle...1_20080609.jpg
    Last edited by RanEnRui; 07-15-2008 at 03:04 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I wondered this a while ago, and then worked it out.

It depends if you have used a photo from those taken on your iPhone or whether you have sync'd a contact from your mac which has a picture saved with it.

Try it out.
    iphone to 3G to 3GS now iPhone 4

Green Apple
    Thanks

Edit Poseidon: Off Topic
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 07-15-2008 at 03:26 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paultart View Post

It depends if you have used a photo from those taken on your iPhone or whether you have sync'd a contact from your mac which has a picture saved with it.

Try it out.
    totally true, some friends of mine that have a mac sync their contacts with the mac and then it shows up like that on your iPhone. Not sure about how to get it with Windows though, never really bothered me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I really think that you have to activate it before using TurboSim, TurboSim just unlocked but it doesn't activate it, or I'm wrong?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ca.alvear View Post
    I really think that you have to activate it before using TurboSim, TurboSim just unlocked but it doesn't activate it, or I'm wrong?
    you are correct.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RanEnRui View Post

In my experience, when I get and old picture from my contacts (from my computer, from old phones contact) the contact on my iphone shows the little picture on the top, but when I use a picture out of my iphone photo database than it shows the big one, got it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iphoneclueless View Post
    Brazialns rule!
    I only wish the great "dev team" stopped making stupid videos and would tell us a release date.
    I think that everything the dev team does takes a great amount of skill... I know it takes alot more skill then most of the people on this forum have. But just to keep all you people posting "WHEN WILL THIS BE READY?" or like comments out of everyones threads I wish they would just say a date 2 weeks from now and just release it when they are darn good and ready!!
    iPhone 3g 8GB; iPhone 3GS 32GB

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by paultart View Post

Try it out.
    From my experience (PC), if the contact pictures are added via outlook and sync'ed you get the small pictures (right image). If you add the pictures to the contacts directly on the iphone then you get the background (large) picture. I'm not sure how this translates on a mac...but my guess would be if you add pictures in iCal or Entourage the same thing would happen.

Personally I like the larger ones...with the small ones I was straining to tell who it was in the pic so I always just read the name. With the large ones, I can tell before I even pick up the phone (granted, so can anyone else around me...lol)