Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First Video Jailbroken 3g

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    The first step to an unlock is jailbreak. You can't go straight to a software unlock so be patient.
    I was talking about the unlock for the 1st Gen iPhone, which the Dev-Team has said it's already done. I'm anxious for that one, personally. I really don't see a reason why they couldn't release a version of their software that works for 1st Gen iPhones and then release the one for 3G iPhones when that's ready.

I suppose you could say I'm being selfish here, but anyone who has a 1st Gen iPhone would probably agree that it kinda feels like we are caught in this 3G craziness for no real good reason.

That said, I still respect the Dev-Team and appreciate their hard work and efforts to bringing this awesome tool to us the end users. I just wish that there'd be more action, less cock-waving and that the original iPhone owners wouldn't get caught in the middle of this crossfire between DevTeam, Geohot and Zibri to see who has the biggest pen-- I mean iPhone.

That's all.

Follow me on Twitter!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jutendouji For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (07-15-2008)

when they say jailbreaking do they also mean unlocking so it can be used with any carrier?? also do you have to sign something with at&t when u pick up you iphone at an apple store in the USA??

Quote Originally Posted by arob92 View Post
    when they say jailbreaking do they also mean unlocking so it can be used with any carrier?? also do you have to sign something with at&t when u pick up you iphone at an apple store in the USA??
    Unlocking and Jailbreaking are 2 different things.

Unlock: Use on any carrier.
    Jailbreak: Run your own code (aka custom apps, etc)

And as far as I know, you need to sign a contract before you can leave with a 3G iPhone, both in the Apple Store and the AT&T Store.

Follow me on Twitter!

Does this prove anything? Take a video of a physical iphone 3g running and jailbroken. That will prove it. Of korz it will be jailbroken (in time), but who will release a real proof. Geohot or the dev team? Who knows. But if any of them is gonna brag, bring in real proof. Anyways, i appreciate what all the devs hav and will do in the future. Peace!

How about the dev team bring out the bloody tool already. No one gives a **** about videos. Prove it by bringing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ceedot View Post
    How about the dev team bring out the bloody tool already. No one gives a **** about videos. Prove it by bringing it out.
    its not ready, thats why they dont release it, so let them make some vids,,,

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with stocis. Why would you all want to upgrade from 1.1.4 now? Just wait... Heck we waited a long time for 1.1.3.... Either way... enjoy what you have and all the free software out there. Don't get me wrong there are two features I would like from 2.0 And no its not the Nav portion.... Ebay prgm and the push email (not all that important since my phone does act like direct push now...

Now to share my 3g experiance---
    I currently have a 3g my friend let me borrow till he returns from Afghanistan (I am living in Germany and using Vodaphone for my iPhone and T-mobile for the 3g) and what I didnt like was the battery life while using it... We (6 of my friends who own the 3G) did a test on the battery life while using the nav portion and the battery life was horrible!!! Two of the phones shut down after an hour and the other four went for an extra 30 to 45 min...

3g surfing.... We clocked both versions 1.1.4 and the 3g. We went to this site and Yahoo.com and did a search for "3g hacked" The 3g loaded about 40% faster than the edge. With this site 3g clocked about 50% faster. This is allot better but unless you watch online movies I cannot really see the need to go out and but the 3g when you already own the 1st gen.... Not to mention that unless you have a data plan that is unlimited then ummmm.... USE the wifi it is hella faster than 3g.... Most of the people I know use wifi over 3g anyway (Europe has had 3g for about 4 years now...)

2.0 software...

Seems to be the same! aside for a few added features. I do like the ebay and the ability to download is cool but nothing new... I do prefer Installer!!!! :-) Which is why I will wait for the hack and bugs to be ironed out...

The design...
    The plastic case is going to be a user pref thing. I dont like it but.... I am a 1st gen user and have grown custom to the aluminum. What I do LOVE is the raised headphone plug. That rocks. I cannot stand having to carry around my goddy looking belkin adapter. So to me this is the #1 feature I absolutly love!

Now dont get me wrong I am not slamming Apple or the 3g -- but for me I need a "pda" phone (1st gen) with e-mail, and a my backgammon game for those long lines or board moments. What I would like to see is avantgo for the iPhone (would have came in handy for my lovely time in Afghanistan when I could only get access to wifi three times a month...Thank You USO!!!) And lastly.... A TODO program that has re-occurring tasks option and ebay...

Just my $.02 and a very simple review...

Now I have to get back to my comic relief and read all the posts of thoes that may need to seek anger management (against a free product!!!! WTH is that all about....Seek help) and of course i LLLLLLOOOOOOVE reading the posts of the angry impatient posters that upgraded and ummmmmmmmm..... have no clue.... or should I say noobs.... LOL take care alll and when the hack does come out....I am sure apple will release 2.1 and we will be right back here again with all the impatients and angry posters...

Pease Out!

D

Thank me.....enjoy the info....

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kuhndsn For This Useful Post:

Ikemann888 (07-15-2008), stocis (07-15-2008), taz1981m (07-15-2008)

Thanks

Hi! I have the 1st gen iphone with 2.0 and I would love the jailbreak to come soon! I love it! But I also think the appstore is pretty cool and I got almost everything I want there and for free! The only thing they didn't make was a themer!! I miss my themes and would pay for a cool app that I could use to change themes and download new ones when available! Does anyone know why any of the app dev didn't make one? and if there may be one coming soon?

Thanks
    i think it sucks a bit to have to wait for the dev team release, but at the same time this means that more testing is probably being done to insure that the latest firmware won't be get bugged from this release...or at least that's the hope.

i'm dyin to upgrade my first gen iphone up from 1.1.4, but i don't want to end up with a sh*tty hack. having done my first unlock via Ziphone, i'm curious to see how this will differ.

that clock is a bug out

I thank the dev team from the bottom of my heart, but a 3G solution could come as an update. There are TONS of 2G users who want the jailbreak + unlock...Just make it an update...but I can't complain too much, it is free...go devs!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Windows...?
    what about windows> ? any news for an unlock?

<< Dev Team Productions >>
    address: Hollywood CA

are they in movie business now ????
    whats up with all this movies

so im just askin does no one have an itouch here cause i feel like no one cares about the ipod touch

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don´t know about you people, but I´m getting tired really fast of silly videos “proving” all the hard work of the “Devs”. How about if you magnificent Devs stop making videos, sacrilegious pictures, and fighting with each other all together, and just give us a date for a release, I don´t care if it is one week or a month, but give us a real date so I can download it, use it, donate $20 bucks or so to your cause, and get on with my life.

If you think like me, hit the thanks button.

Sorry, but English is not my first or even second language.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Iphoneclueless For This Useful Post:

bigcnlb (07-15-2008), dno555 (07-15-2008), FLWebbear (07-15-2008), glustic (07-15-2008), matteo2005 (07-15-2008), yowiphone (07-16-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Iphoneclueless View Post
    I don´t know about you people, but I´m getting tired really fast of silly videos “proving” all the hard work of the “Devs”. How about if you magnificent Devs stop making videos, sacrilegious pictures, and fighting with each other all together, and just give us a date for a release, I don´t care if it is one week or a month, but give us a real date so I can download it, use it, donate $20 bucks or so to your cause, and get on with my life.

If you think like me, hit the thanks button.

Sorry, but English is not my first or even second language.
    100 % with you !!!!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to dno555 For This Useful Post:

Iphoneclueless (07-15-2008)

blah blah blah. Gimmie gimmie gimmie. Some of u sound like a bunch of babies. Nobody owes u anything,not a jailbreak not a unlock not a video or a picture. When does free come with all this bit@&in from everybody. FREE. FN Free.

If u want a jailbreak or unlock today. Make one urself. If u can't then shut up and wait for the people that can to do what they gotta do so ur dumass won't f up the phone u got.

They do this for free. What don't u guys understand. Free

HOLLA
    THANK OR DIE

Quote Originally Posted by stereo313 View Post
    blah blah blah. Gimmie gimmie gimmie. Some of u sound like a bunch of babies. Nobody owes u anything,not a jailbreak not a unlock not a video or a picture. When does free come with all this bit@&in from everybody. FREE. FN Free.

If u want a jailbreak or unlock today. Make one urself. If u can't then shut up and wait for the people that can to do what they gotta do so ur dumass won't f up the phone u got.

HOLLA
    I 10000% agree with you. they could keep it to themselves, or everyone who has made apps for installer could quit doing so and just sell them on the app store. quit your whining and take what is given.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stereo313 View Post

HOLLA
    Quote Originally Posted by drhundley View Post
    I 10000% agree with you. they could keep it to themselves, or everyone who has made apps for installer could quit doing so and just sell them on the app store. quit your whining and take what is given.
    preach on brothas!
    <<<<< all these guys been a member here for a couple weeks with 3 posts under their belt cryin cause they cant have it right now and will be the same ones cryin cus no one told them their apps dont work on 2.0
    hell the tzones hack probly doesnt even work. so no edge, weather, maps, or safari!
    dumb people.

suggestion****
    put a button next to each post, so users can vote:
    pertinant to the thread,
    or
    pointless crybaby bullpoop.
    then,
    put a button at the front of each thread to toggle bullpoop on or off.
    threads would instantly go from 23 pages to 2.
    awesome i know,
    thank you,
    thank you!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast