+ Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Camera Pro brings Zoom, Timer, Burst Mode, and more to the iPhone Camera

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I agree. Why would we pay to mod our iphone?
    iPhone? More like MyPhone hoits2000's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree. Why would we pay to mod our iphone?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blazingangel1986 View Post
    i agree couldnt find better words for it
    I for one do not agree. I believe that it is within the programmer's right as to what he wants to do with the program. Whether he chooses to charge for it or not, it's still HIS program.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see all 3rd party apps free but in all honesty, if someone takes the time to create a program and decides that he/she wants to charge for it because of their time or what have you, it is within their rights to.

If you don't want to pay for the program, then don't use it or use it in a crippled way.

The one thing I TOTALLY DO NOT AGREE on this program though is the fact that it uses your Wifi connection (whenever you use it and if Wifi is available) to contact their server to check if the program is valid and paid for or not. Why couldn't the programmer(s) just use a simple serial key and have it register once with the iPhones Serial number or something to thwart piracy distribution?
    1.1.2FW w/ 4.02.13_G Baseband. Rock Solid!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default kind of a rip off?
    Why do makers of these little applets insist on charging 20$? It is overpriced and insane, especially given the fact that without the efforts and work, made freely available by the hackers, they would not have been able to create or have an app that could even be distributed. I find it rather disgusting. 5$ would be reasonable, 20$ is microsoft-ish in its greediness. I think all of the iPhone info sites should ban together and refuse to even allow discussion or postings of any software priced above 10$, especially when made possible by a spirit of free information and collaborative work of the dev team.

"Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men, for the nastiest of reasons, will somehow work for the benefit of us all."
    -- John Maynard Keynes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am trying to bring up the app but it keep crashing and going back to the home screen can someone help???

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drunknbass View Post
    my video recorder app will also have a camera side to it and will have the same functions as this and more.
    Hi drunknbass,

i have already install ur video rec in my iphone...if u say so...then it will b a great software..app that can rec a video n also have camera function with zooming n etc just like camerapro..awesome!
    iphone = intelligent phone...OK!
    ipad = intelligent pad...HUH?!

Thanks

Nice app...But i will consider paying for it since camera on iphone sucks

iPhone? More like MyPhone OneRing2Rule's Avatar
    Thanks

my video recorder app will also have a camera side to it and will have the same functions as this and more.
    .. and I'll be buying it from you.

OneRing2Rule, snowed in tonight.

the kanye west of programming drunknbass's Avatar
    Thanks

well itll be free, but i do accept donations if youd like to support what i do.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to drunknbass For This Useful Post:

Busha (02-28-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone blazingangel1986's Avatar
    Thanks

ok finally got the chance to run this on my other iphone 1.1.2 works fine but come on why should we have to pay for something that should of already been a part of the phones features in the orginal cam anywayz

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

honestly if you don't want to pay for it than don't!!! if you didn't have it before you probably could live without it, just sit at home and wait for apple to create it!!! i don't want to pay for it either so i won't if the creators feels as though it is worth that much thats fine by me, you won't hear me complain because if i spent countless hours creating something i would wanna make it worth my while because "time is money".

when i want to take good pictures i use my camera.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Altima04onDubs View Post
    Hello,
    I am interested in gettin this on my iphone, but I am confused as to how this gets on the phone. Do i need to jailbreak, etc.
    I would appreciate help in this manner

Thanks
    Ya, you'll need to Jailbreak your iPhone to install ANY 3rd party apps. Follow the guides on this website on how to jailbreak your iPhone. Once jailbroken, click on "Sources" (within Installer.app), then "Edit" and add this url: http://tinyurl.com/2t8cax. Click refresh, and it should be in the list of apps in installer.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
    There's really only one thing wrong with this software...

It doesn't have horizontal support. Apple's camera app takes not of whether the phone is vertical or horizontal, so that when you view the picture later, if you had taken it landscape style, it doesn't show it sideways.

CameraPro doesn't do this and that is a big concern of mine, because I like to take most of my pictures landscape style.

The latest update (v1.09) addresses this issue. In "Preferences"
    turn auto rotation to ON.

regards,
    e
    Last edited by echo; 01-03-2008 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i dont like the icon
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Green Apple
    Thanks

I really like the app (apart from have to pay for it joking) but i am wondering why everytime i use the app, my connection symbol (the animated circling icon on top bar next to edge/wifi) starts to animate, meaning that the app is actually downloading or uploading something (from/to where?)....am wondering..

Thanks

I have this app on my iphone and when i take a pic, it just clocks and says to wait bc its saving pic and nothing happens.. Anyone have this problem?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asae View Post
    I really like the app (apart from have to pay for it joking) but i am wondering why everytime i use the app, my connection symbol (the animated circling icon on top bar next to edge/wifi) starts to animate, meaning that the app is actually downloading or uploading something (from/to where?)....am wondering..
    Its not downloading or sending anything. It shows the circling icon to let you know its processing. If you upgrade to v1.09, the circle is now in the centre of your screen as opposed to the menubar so as to not confuse with wifi/EDGE sending/receiving functions.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by echo View Post
    Its not downloading or sending anything. It shows the circling icon to let you know its processing. If you upgrade to v1.09, the circle is now in the centre of your screen as opposed to the menubar so as to not confuse with wifi/EDGE sending/receiving functions.
    Oh..I see..silly me thanks for the clarifying it.

Thanks

I like the app, and I think the most useful functions are being given away...

but I agree I don't think it is at v1.0 status. I won't pay because it isn't ready yet - my pictures didn't rotate properly, now I can't change my preferences which are all set to off, though three were on the first time I entered preferences and I haven't changed them.

Oh, and for everyone complaining about paying - what work have you given away lately?
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well, frankly, your Video Recorder app has no interface at all yet -- while Camera Pro already has a wonderful interface. My hope at this point is that the Camera Pro developer will simply add video record to his app. Moreover his application provides serious utility for me already. If you actually do develop your app into something more than a demo (albeit an interesting and well executed one), then I will absolutely be willing to try it as well and then make up my mind between the two. Even at that point, though, I will appreciate your not hijacking the threads of your competitors to tout your own work, and I'll expect other developers to show you that same respect too.

Randy
    Last edited by Randy; 01-05-2008 at 06:52 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macky801 View Post
    i dont like the icon
    Same here.

time to change the ugly icon imo:

Green Apple
    Thanks

Tested it.
    After several shots, the files store in nowhere to find, get confused
    and try to locate the files now. (still searching it )
    It is good apps though.
    Thx.
    Buang