+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Camera Pro brings Zoom, Timer, Burst Mode, and more to the iPhone Camera

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by simonsix did you try the 1.02 update? (i have notice also a 1.04 update but not official ) I tired both 1.02 and 1.04. They are both
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simonsix View Post
    did you try the 1.02 update?
    (i have notice also a 1.04 update but not official )
    I tired both 1.02 and 1.04. They are both like that. Once you quit the app, it goes back to the default setting of Fast Burst OFF and Silent Mode OFF.

EDIT: I think 1.04 is official cause I was only getting 1.02 in Installer until I added the Source URL (from Makayama's site) for CameraPro
    Last edited by echo; 12-30-2007 at 12:33 PM.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

iPhone? More like MyPhone hookerpuncher's Avatar
    Thanks

why do I want a zoom function when there is no image stabilization? Hard enough to take a pic now!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrback View Post
    installer says there is an update when you have the latest version, 1.04 says 1.02
    weird.
    I figure this is a result of having 2 sources that offer the same app. I have the same thing going on with PhotoBoard. I've upgraded PhotoBoard to the latest (0.3.2) but in Installer, it says I still have an upgrade to perform although it is for PhotoBoard v0.2.1

Before I added CameraPro's source, I wasn't getting the update notice to the older version (1.02). Now that I have installed the source for CameraPro, I'm getting the same thing as you are.

best,
    e

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nice app, but i'll wait until they add some really nice features until i pay for the full version.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

same thing when the weDict upgraded to 0.5
    so,1.02/1.04 are the same update?

Thanks

Think so. Haven't noticed any differences except that 1.04 seem to load faster (no spinning wheel next to wifi indicator when you first launch the app).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hookerpuncher View Post
    why do I want a zoom function when there is no image stabilization? Hard enough to take a pic now!
    I agree with you on that one. When I zoom in the picture is very blurry, almost not even worth using! But I think thats how it works. Everybody knows that these features are purely and completely software based (EVEN VIDEO RECORDING!!!). Now Apple gets the nudge to do it RIGHT, and an opportunity to brick a few thousand more modded phones by releasing an update that actually makes your mouth water a little =P
    Last edited by milsapm; 12-30-2007 at 01:27 PM.

Thanks

Is any one having problems with moving the icon with customize app?

My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ojx View Post
    $20 bucks =[
    Thats how these people make money! They find flaws in apple's products, fixes them, and then re-sells it to us

Lets hope apple upload this for 1.2.0

Maybe an inbuilt video recorded would of got me to pay. Hint to Developers

myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

So now we have to pay for the basic camera functions every crappy phone on the market comes with for free? AND STILL NI VIDEO? I seriously hate my iPhone's functionality, but graphically its fun to play with. How about they kiss my butt for $19.99 and I'll send them a better pic taken with a better phone.

Apple, get on the damn ball and fix this phone already!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by milsapm View Post
    I agree with you on that one. When I zoom in the picture is very blurry, almost not even worth using! But I think thats how it works.
    Is the blurriness attributed to the fact that its a digital zoom and not an optical one? I have always found digital zooms to be way inferior but in a pinch they'll do, especially when there isn't even a zoom.

Anyway, here's a shot I took without bracing my arms on anything sturdy, fully zoomed in. Looks OK without stabilising (baring in mind the inferior quality when using a digital zoom, and the fact I've downsized it for the web). You just can't use the zoom in low light as it'll come out blurry for sure.

regards,
    e
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Camera Pro brings Zoom, Timer, Burst Mode, and more to the iPhone Camera-zoomin.jpg  
    Last edited by echo; 12-30-2007 at 01:51 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echo View Post
    Is the blurriness attributed to the fact that its a digital zoom and not an optical one? I have always found digital zooms to be way inferior but in a pinch they'll do, especially when there isn't even a zoom.

Anyway, here's a shot I took without bracing my arms on anything sturdy, fully zoomed in. Looks OK without stabilising (baring in mind the inferior quality when using a digital zoom, and the fact I've downsized it for the web). You just can't use the zoom in low light as it'll come out blurry for sure.

regards,
    e
    E-

Thanks for providing the evidence that my post lacked =P

On a serious note tho, would you ever think that picture you posted would've come from a 2MP camera? The software seems to be lacking some kind of focusing or digital enhancement (which I'm sure Apple already has waiting for us).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    Is any one having problems with moving the icon with customize app?
    thats because you running out of space.
    your apps memory is full.

i had this one before ,cleaned up some unusefull apps .

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Silent shutter?

I can get that on the camera that comes with the phone by turning my phone to silent.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to defmute For This Useful Post:

fernandorinto (12-31-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Same here but I did find my pics taken with Camera Pro: there in /media/DCIM/100APPLE when you use MobileFinder. Still, don't know how to get the pics to show when I get to the camera roll.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by milsapm View Post
    On a serious note tho, would you ever think that picture you posted would've come from a 2MP camera? The software seems to be lacking some kind of focusing or digital enhancement (which I'm sure Apple already has waiting for us).
    You're right in the fact that it doesn't look like a picture taken from a 2MP camera, however it's not as straight forward as that. You can test this with a 7MP point and shoot digital camera...

My point of the bad image quality is that its a result of digital zooming, and a really tiny imaging chip. The smaller the CCD, the worse the image resolution is, no matter how many MP a camera might be, and I can bet you the the CCD in the iPhone is really, really small. Anyway, my point is that you can take a photo with a 7MP point and shoot digital camera and if you use the digital zoom function, the image will come out looking a lot crappier and lower res than a photo taken with the same camera but not using digital zoom. So the same can be said for CameraPro's digital zoom.

At any rate, we all agree that some of these functions should have been incorporated into the iPhone. What about a simple xenon flash like most cell phones have for low light situations? That would have been great! Hopefully Apple will take care of what should have been included (video capabilities, zoom, etc., etc.) in a future update(s). They are probably keeping a close eye on the unofficial iPhone dev community to see what good ideas come forth.

Thanks

At this present state even with "Pro Features" the app is not worth $20.

Thanks

ok from what i am hearing, the splash screen stays on this app even if you register it. I will hold off on buying until they remove that splash screen when regged. It needs to load like the normal camera, straight into the camera itself. Once that is there I will definately pick this up.

Jayman11

Thanks

It's a great app, but honestly how many hours would it have taken Apple and its team to add this features do the original camera app?

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Its always mystified me that Apple didn't make a more feature-rich camera in the iPhone. These features should have been included IMO.