+ Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2 More Jailbreak 2.0 Videos - Cydia running great on 2.0

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I didn't see them really install any new app from cydia. They probably can't. I think there part may be done and they are waiting for and updated version of
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I didn't see them really install any new app from cydia. They probably can't. I think there part may be done and they are waiting for and updated version of cydia or installer that can install apps properly on the 2.0 firmware.

They are required to install apps in the folder where the appstore's app are located, etc.

Then again, the cydia that they are using could be an updated version. I don't know and I haven't seen any information about it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!

better than sittin here readin all the fanboys cryin bout their precious!!!!!

we are all waitin.

i say the more informed we are now the less people will screw it up. i think they should make you watch a tutorial on its use before the download link even became available.

then when you think you saw the whole thing and are about to get a download link to pwn your phone,
    Maybe noobs should have to take and pass an exam before they are allowed to post... I bet with the 3G out we are going to start seeing posts again like:

1. will this unlock my ipod touch? (my favourite)
    2. does it work on T-mobile?
    3. my (girlfriend/infant son/dog) accidentally hit the update button on iTunes, now my iPhone is bricked... please help...

Thanks

People, Cydia works fine on 2.0, and what it does is filter the source list of apps, so you can only see the ones are 2.0 ready...but not a lot of apps are 2.0 ready.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    cool

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HarlemState View Post
    wasnt a big fan of cydia.....loved installer, hope someone can get it up and running :-(
    I second that Cydia in not nearly as good a Installer. I miss all my apps, but love 2.0
    I have faith in the Spicy Chicken!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks,

Timbo

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

it could be months before you are happy with 2.0 like u were with 1.1.4, u know apps workin and installed, no crashin or buggyness. Hell i know for a fact i will end up havin to restore after 2.0 at least five or six times just from installin apps and screwin it up!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    No problem. Yiou and your buddy can both pay for the jailbreak app when it comes out. Jeesh!
    or we could wait 2 weeks and get the free version.

iPhone? More like MyPhone loocfa's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes please post the new techer video
    please that would be awesome
    We hqve all waited a longtime for this what's a few more days.
    upload that video sir!!!!!!!!asap
    thanks

Thanks

Every time I hear Boy George I think of Opus meeting him while performing with Billy & The Boingers (or was it Deathtongue?).

BG: "Hi I'm Boy George"
    Opus: "Uh, Hi I'm Penguin Opus"
    Last edited by Philbert; 07-13-2008 at 08:40 PM.
    Phil Nolan
    Modeler / Animator
    High 5 Productions

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Awesome!
    Hey I got a question.
    Cydia has the OpenSSH package right? If that is so, then why couldn't you manually put installer.app unto your iphone via SSH if you wanted to? Wouldn't that work?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by B1naryPi View Post
    Awesome!
    Hey I got a question.
    Cydia has the OpenSSH package right? If that is so, then why couldn't you manually put installer.app unto your iphone via SSH if you wanted to? Wouldn't that work?
    ya. seriously. if cydia has openSSH then you could either manually put everything from installer in it or just the whole installer had.. good thinking. it just might buggy or you would have to set the permessions

Thanks

I can't wait to go to 2.0! The Dev Team are Gods!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    pwnage 2.0's release is tuesday at noon. according the the yiphone.org code.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sk8rliv For This Useful Post:

bigc90805 (07-13-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paulhoffmann4086 View Post
    ya. seriously. if cydia has openSSH then you could either manually put everything from installer in it or just the whole installer had.. good thinking. it just might buggy or you would have to set the permessions
    Doesn't work like that. Have to recompile the source against the 2.0 frameworks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HarlemState View Post
    wasnt a big fan of cydia.....loved installer, hope someone can get it up and running :-(
    Ditto. I prefer Installer, and hopefully it gets ported to 2.0.

Matt
    WHITE 32GB Verizon iPhone 4 - 6.0.1
    Dual 1.2 Ghz G4, OS X 10.4.11
    2.2 Ghz MacBook, OS X 10.7.5
    69 Nova
    71 Duster

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8rliv View Post
    pwnage 2.0's release is tuesday at noon. according the the yiphone.org code.
    How did you figure that out

Thanks
    Thanked 2,337 Times in 695 Posts

YiPhone is coming - Decrypted countdown 1 day and 10 hours check it out at yiphone.org

21. The Following User Says Thank You to nicoand For This Useful Post:

timbo (07-13-2008)

Thanks

Found this on iSpazio's site:

The Ripdev and Nullriver are working in a new installer compatible with firmware 2.0 this is what we found in their blog

I am fairly sure you are all excited with the newly opened App Store (just like I am). I’ve already purchased a bunch of applications (and of course, downloaded a few for free), and I must say big “thank you” to both Apple for rolling out such a system and to the developers who put a tremendous effort into creating all these applications.

However, as you may (or may not) know, certain tools will never make it to the App Store. One example would be our own Kate, or IntelliScreen, or a bunch of others that do not wish to adhere to the strict artificial limits set to the applications for the App Store - because many of these limitations are, in fact, aimed at protecting Apple’s advantage at deploying certain new products on the iPhone, and not at the “performance and memory usage monitoring” as it is officially called.

Either way, the Installer.app will continue to evolve. In fact, the new version, 4.0, is in the final stages of development. We expect it to stay the premier tool for installing applications that do not present in the App Store, giving you best of both worlds - as it will peacefully co-exist with the existing App Store. I will publish short facts about what’s new in the Installer 4 - and, to predict some questions as to “when will it be available”, I will say - immediately or shortly after the iPhone Dev Team releases new PWNAGE.

Today’s focus is on the repository format. As you know, for Installer.app to work, it has to contact one or more repository servers - most of which are maintained by third parties. The format of the repository didn’t change since version 1.0 of Installer, and we have decided to take the opportunity and change that (since none of the software created for 1.1.4 will work on 2.0 anyway). There was two main issues for the “old” repositories: bandwidth and troubles with the compatibility. Let me elaborate.

Bandwidth usage. Whenever Installer.app on your iPhone (or iPod touch) was refreshing a source, it was fetching the whole repository listing, which can be quite large (for example, for Ste packaging it’s currently around 700 Kb). Of course, this consumed bandwidth on your end, as well as repository owner’s end - and multiplied by the number of the iPhones around, this could easily be hundreds of gigabytes of data per day.

Second issue was compatibility. You never was sure whether the package you’re downloading was going to work under your particular firmware version. Many package authors have worked around this by presenting the alert sheet to the user after the package was downloaded - which is not the optimal solution.

The new repository format solves both issues. First, it downloads much more compact packages listing from the server, resulting in over than 3 times less bandwidth. And second, the script behind the repository is smart enough to filter the packages based on the firmware version you’re using and only give you the packages that can be installed there. Nice, isn’t it?

So Installer is coming, just be patient, my only worry is how long are we gonna have to wait for a Windows unlock/jailbreak app, or is this YiPhone gonna be for Win, seeing as it's by Geohot who was I believe working with Zibri.
    Last edited by kane2007uk; 07-13-2008 at 11:01 PM.