+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2 More Jailbreak 2.0 Videos - Cydia running great on 2.0

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hope there's an option to add installer, no all that found of Cydia. Installer has always worked great.
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hope there's an option to add installer, no all that found of Cydia. Installer has always worked great.

Thanks

Thumbs down *doink*
    Quote Originally Posted by jazir View Post
    you guys are slow(lookin at you poetic_folly)... cydia can go **** itself

Ugh...it's too early for the moron voice to be bouncing off these walls...
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jwcrash For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (07-13-2008)

Thanks

Hurray and all cheers for the devs

These videos getting me more excited and i am getting impatient to update to 2.0 as soon as the tool comes out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation help
    guess ill just have to keep checking on this site for a date itss out will there be links off this post

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    you guys are still getting the cart before the horse!
    If you guys update to 2.0 the day the unlock is available,
    you will be sorry!!!!
    Installer not working on 2.0 will be the least of your problems.
    The day the unlock becomes available is the same day the app develeopers get to "start" converting their apps to 2.0!!!!

So no more customize or summerboard or islsk or touchpad. Nothing will work that day!!! It could be months!!!

The only apps you will have are the ones on the app store!!!!

Listen to my warnings!!!
    This happened with 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3, and 1.1.4!!!!

It "will" happen with 2.0!!

I see alot of complaining about this very subject in the very near future!!!

and all you little fan boys crying about how you "just can't wait to update to 2.0" are gonna be the ones doin the most griping!
    Thats true but theres alot of us that want the 2.0 for the appstore and all the new features, I can wait a while for the installer

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter_22 View Post
    guess ill just have to keep checking on this site for a date itss out will there be links off this post
    Yeah just check the home page for the latest news a few times a day

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    You know I was the same way. I had to actually restore my phone because of it. I watched the videos last night and then I did re download cydia. I even tried out a few apps. it is working a lot better then it did in the past. so i am willing to give it another try. I only wish it had a new release folder like installer does.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 07-13-2008 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I upgraded like an idiot and it took me a day an half to get my phone to work properly again
    listen to your elders and B PATIENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does this mean unlocked and jailbroken or just jailbroken? Could someone clarify?

Thx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Atokadd View Post
    O.O
    So, lets say I got a 3G. Lets just say ( I probably wouldnt do this ) I restored it to 1.1.4, than jailbroke, and unlocked. Would it work with tmobile? And work with the 1.1.4 tzones hack for edge? Or just not have edge and still work with tmobile, and wifi?

This is intriguing. My knowledge was mayjorly off.

I don't think anyone really answered your question. If they did, I apologize.

1. If you buy the 3G, it does not matter if it is the iPhone 3G, Samsung Omnia, or Sony X1, your phone WILL work on T-Mobile (USA) but only at EDGE speeds. Why? T-Mobile USA is using what is called AWS band (1700mhz band that they aquired a while back and they are the only ones in the whole wide world that are using AWS for 3G and you need a special radio in the phone built in to see that band).
    2. You should be able to use T-Zone hack even with iPhone 3G. For that matter, any other phones too as long as you can get the right settings in the phone.
    3. Finally, I don't particular see any usefulness in downgrading to 1.1.4 from 1.2 software version since all the stuff you need will be available in 1.2 version anyways (from the looks of thing you are looking for T-Zone hack).
    4. Bottom line is this. T-Zone hack is not exclusive to 1.1.4 or 1.1.3 or for that matter anything. It's just a simple setting (if i recall properly on my WM phones, for proxy server so if you know enough linux or just wait for a little bit, you can set it in any linux based phone such as iPhone or Andriod based phones).

Hope that answer your questions.

Thanks
    I wish all the bigwigs could just get along... The war of words is getting pretty intense.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bstock1990 View Post
    I upgraded like an idiot and it took me a day an half to get my phone to work properly again
    Hehe. I don't mean to laugh but... Yeah the trouble is this. Correct me if I am wrong. We had a guy or a few guys that are running on AT&T (without official iPhone contracts - as in just regular ATT accounts) who upgraded to 2.0. and seem to have been ok with that upgrade. The phone saw the sim and said ok with that and locked back to ATT for provider. And they came in and said hey stuff are working. Everyone got excited and jumped in after them not knowing they are using ATT as service provider.

Just wait for the unlock for phone so that any providers can use them. Just a few days. It's worth the wait. Frankly speaking, me being on T-Mobile USA does not help with 3G anyways, I just want the new software. Current GPS using the towers is good enough for me. Just want the new OS so that I can say I am on the new OS. That's it.

Just wait for a few more days people. Don't update just yet. And like I said before, if you pawned your phone already, once the new pawnage tool is out, I'll post a vanilla image as well as one with addons somewhere so that can help out the no so tech savvy types.

Thanks

Question Jigga-what?
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix904 View Post
    I wish all the bigwigs could just get along... The war of words is getting pretty intense.
    Can you please identify some of the iPhone "bigwigs" involved in this "war of words"? Surely you don't mean MMi vs. Nullriver (who isn't even represented in the thread).

And "pretty intense"?!?!?! Allow me to refer you to any of Drunknbass's threads for an example of REAL animosity. This is pretty tame for those of us who've been here for more than a few days.

Relax!!!

PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

So i take it this video is based on the mac version and ofcourse us windows users are assed out for a few weeks after this releases. I rather them take their time than end up playing the restore game.

maz
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bstock1990 View Post
    About t be PATIENT!
    Anyone heard something about GeoHot´s realesing countdown circus (yiPhone att:use Firefox to watch the clock.) before Dev Team´s??
    //Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

Thanks
    can't watch videos on my iphone!

Quote Originally Posted by maz View Post
    About t be PATIENT!
    Anyone heard something about GeoHot´s realesing countdown circus (yiPhone att:use Firefox to watch the clock.) before Dev Team´s??
    read my post above from the dev team blog

maz
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    read my post above from the dev team blog
    Yes I know!
    But what I wonder is if someone know if he gonna give out "his" unlocking tool or not before Dev Teams??
    //Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

From the Devs

Still cranking away...
    So we are still cranking away*finalizing*PwnageTool for release, and as we said it’ll be soon.*We’ve read some comments in our previous posts suggesting that the videos are a tease, so we’ve taken that on board and we are asking you guys*the users and supporters.
    Would like to see another video, it is a fairly technical video, with some stuff blurred out to protect some stuff we are working on, but assuming you guys are OK with that we can post it later.
    It is your*decision,**another**video? *Yes or No?
    Let us know in the comments.

Thanks

why on earth did i update to 2.0

never learn my lesson with every update...losing my favorite apps

I am sure there will be a jailbreak and installer eventually.....

edit: 2.0 is very nice though, mobileme, exchange, appstore, all very very nice.
    Dear iPhone 3.0.
    Please keep me from buying a Palm Pre.

Thanks,
    GLOD!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!

better than sittin here readin all the fanboys cryin bout their precious!!!!!

we are all waitin.

i say the more informed we are now the less people will screw it up. i think they should make you watch a tutorial on its use before the download link even became available.

then when you think you saw the whole thing and are about to get a download link to pwn your phone,

BAM!!!!

37 minutes of outtakes and old groucho marx clips!!!!!

lmao!!!

then you can haz pwnage!

+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast